Dominant champions are not as exciting to watch.

reapfate

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of Bj Penn, Anderson and GSP. I thought it was a more exciting match when Bj lost to frankie than when he smashed diego. When Anderson was getting dragged around the ring by Chael was better than when Anderson went into matrix mode on forest. Im a fan of the the champs but i love rooting for the underdog. My favorite time in mma was the LHW division when Liddell lost to jackson, jackson to griffin, griffin to evans, evans to machida, machida to rua and rua to jones. Up to that point most of those fights were a toss up. You honestly couldnt tell who was gonna win. Now it seems the championship fights are too predictable. Am i the only one?

There are few things more exciting than watching Anderson Silva dismantle someone.

Its fun to watch when Anderson or Aldo destroy other fighters

Its not fun to watch GSP neutralize other fighters

There's different kinds of excitement. There's the edge of your seat "holy crap I can't believe Sonnen is going to beat Anderson" kind of excitment, and then there is the "wow I have never seen anybody do that before" type of excitement." Going into a fight, you never know what to expect. Some GSP fights have been snoozers, but I would imagine about 1 million people jumped out of their seats when Condit kicked him in the face.

Most PPVs you can skip and 8/10 pick who won in LHW, MW and WW championship fights. To me is just as boring as Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites.

I understand where TS is coming from despite that it doesn't apply to me. After huge upsets like Serra-GSP I for example, I just find the inherent, unpredictable nature of fighting is enough to keep me entertained provided both fighters put a strong effort in their match.

I think it's exciting watching all of them work. When they're at their best, they have it down to an art form, and it's amazing to see.

Its fun to watch when Anderson or Aldo destroy other fighters

Its not fun to watch GSP neutralize other fighters

This, I agree with.

Though I think, one of Anderson's greatest achievements is the come from behind win over Chael. Nothing better than a Champion finishing his opponent, despite all odds.

I find it exciting to see just how Silva will beat his opponents, he has shown everything, yet always shows us something new, proving that he is "The One".

I do find some of those fights exciting to watch but the unpredictability is few and far between.

It is fun in it's own way to see dominant champions to dismantle someone. The fun is in killing the hype train and see how everyone makes excuses afterwards.

Anderson Silva making his opponents look like they dont even belong in a combat sport is always entertaining.

But alot of divisions now have Champions that look pretty unbeatable at least for the time being. Theres no one at WW or MW to really challenge GSP/Silva. Outside of Machida or Cormier I cant see anyone dethroning JBJ. Cain very well could put in a lengthy reign (for HW standards), Rousey will be Champ for a while, Bendo's too good at points fighting.

Watching Anderson and Aldo brutalize their opponents is fun and awesome for the sport! GSP point fighting and occasionally giving good fights is boring but also good for the sport!

Dominatn champs are awesome, they are like superheroes

Mostly yes, but the man in my av is an exception. He took so many risks even when he was on top that most of his fights were exciting. BJ Penn and Silva have also been exciting and dominant at times.

yea i fuckin hate watching anderson silva!

The only dominant champ i don't like watching is GSP. Also, many on here claimed JDS was the next dominant champ so you can say at least that one was unpredictable.

It is fun in it's own way to see dominant champions to dismantle someone. The fun is in killing the hype train and see how everyone makes excuses afterwards.

We need more hype train killers. People who fight Anderson lose mentally before they fight.

Its all good but I enjoy seeing top guys fight top guys even if the fight is less flashy and had more chance to go to decision, then I do seeing guys like Lombard or Anderson crushing guys in flashy finishes that are a clear tier or two down, skill wise.

I do know now why Pride did so many gimme fights as fans seem to prefer to see flashy wins over lesser talent. Anderson fans clamour for Bisping and when he crushes him they will sing his praises despite the fact Bisping has no business in the cage with him.

Back