Dominant champions are not as exciting to watch.

I thought it was a more exciting match when Bj lost to frankie than when he smashed diego.

japones-do-panico.gif]

I disagree, watching people getting smashed is entertaining to me. So are competitive match ups.... depending on the situation both can be good or bad.

Id watch every card with an Anderson Silva fight on it. Even his maia/cote fights were hilarious because of the aftermath

there's some logic behind what ts is saying, but it's taken so far to the extreme that nobody reasonable can fully agree with it.

I find almost all the title fights super exciting solely because of the importance of the fights

That's strange, because I find Anderson Silva highly entertaining.

I like watching Anderson and Aldo work, even when their opponent is clearly outmatched.

But, then again, I also find this video entertaining. It reminds me of some Anderson Silva fights.

Im a huge fan of Bj Penn, Anderson and GSP. I thought it was a more exciting match when Bj lost to frankie than when he smashed diego. When Anderson was getting dragged around the ring by Chael was better than when Anderson went into matrix mode on forest. Im a fan of the the champs but i love rooting for the underdog. My favorite time in mma was the LHW division when Liddell lost to jackson, jackson to griffin, griffin to evans, evans to machida, machida to rua and rua to jones. Up to that point most of those fights were a toss up. You honestly couldnt tell who was gonna win. Now it seems the championship fights are too predictable. Am i the only one?

i agree. but only because you defined the whole conversation around the word "exciting".

however, "excitement" does not have a monopoly on "entertainment value". sometimes watching a beatdown is more "fun" than an "exciting" fight. i thoroughly enjoyed BJ v Diego and BJ v Hughes II (or BJ v GSP I) for two totally different sets of reasons. the word "excitement" does not apply to both, but the word "enjoyed" does.

Last edited:
I get what you mean, but a dominating display is great to watch as well. I'm not an Anderson fan, but his fights are always fun to watch because he does new stuff almost every time he fights, he's unpredictable. Aldo was on a decision streak for awhile there, but before that he was very exciting as well. Jones another example puts on great fights as well, he's unpredictable just like AS. So I can't really say I agree.

I get what you mean, but a dominating display is great to watch as well. I'm not an Anderson fan, but his fights are always fun to watch because he does new stuff almost every time he fights, he's unpredictable. Aldo was on a decision streak for awhile there, but before that he was very exciting as well. Jones another example puts on great fights as well, he's unpredictable just like AS. So I can't really say I agree.

hard to finish Florian when he's trying to win via wall & stall.

and the Faber & Hominick fights were fucking excellent bouts. some, including me, do find it unfortunate that Aldo chose (not unlike Rory v BJ) to not take the risk to finish the fights (especially Faber - the guy couldn't even stand), but they were still excellent bouts.

I love how about 20% of the people who commented actually understood what I was saying and the other 80% damn near acused me of calling AS boring. A couple of people went as far as to call me a casual fan. Lol 80% of sherdoggers never fought before and seem to know every thing about fighting. It was an opinion of mine but people seem to take the belts they get from posting serious like they actually have achieved something. Makes me laugh lol

Back