Doing a themed event for mexico but not BRAZIL is crazy

Sakuraba literally was nicknamed The Gracie Killer because he beat a bunch of Gracies. he wanted to fight Fedor too but Pride never put that matchup together.
Gomi was Pride LW champ for nearly the entire run of the company, beat a Gracie in less than 10 seconds too.
and Tatsuro Taira is one of the best Flyweights currently. absolutely champ material - i think he gives Pantoja hell.
AND if you wanna talk WMMA, Megumi Fujii is one of the best to ever do it. direct inspiration for Ronda and Miesha, who both became champs.

Japan doesnt have a huge presence in modern UFC but theyre a nation that helped make MMA what it is today.
Ok so 2 guys. I wont even try to discredit their legacy, I would even be willing to pretend they won ufc belts and defended them....it still wouldnt change the fact that Japan has produced very few great mma fighters.

I stand by my claim:

Japan is not known for producing world class fighters.

Ok so 2 guys. I wont even try to discredit their legacy, I would even be willing to pretend they won ufc belts and defended them....it still wouldnt change the fact that Japan has produced very few great mma fighters.

I stand by my claim:

i just listed 4 reasons why youre wrong and youre doubling down on your original premise.
Japan may not be a MMA powerhouse today but they were in the past. thats the whole point, thats the point you were arguing - that they never have produced world class fighters. they formerly WERE known for producing very good fighters. and perhaps in the future they will be known for it again.
your claim has been proven incorrect. if you do not like the answer, thats a you problem.

Mexicans are a huge part of the hispanic population of the USA, also americans feel familiar enough with Mexican culture. So yeah, a mexican event still brings American money

i just listed 4 reasons why youre wrong and youre doubling down on your original premise.
Japan may not be a MMA powerhouse today but they were in the past. thats the whole point, thats the point you were arguing - that they never have produced world class fighters. they formerly WERE known for producing very good fighters. and perhaps in the future they will be known for it again.
your claim has been proven incorrect. if you do not like the answer, thats a you problem.
So in all of the history of mma they have produced 4 great fighters. And that is using the term "great" very very loosely.

And none of them, not even Sakruaba, come close to top 20 greatest mma fighters of all time...but you consider that to make japan "known for producing world class fighters"?

I stand by my claim:

Japan has boxing, kickboxing and wrestling champions, nevermind Judo.

For the Brazilian highlight video they should show a compilation of the fans beating dudes on the way to the ring.

Also how they go silent when their countrymen lose.

Last edited:
also lol @ getting so mad at their first attempt at a themed event. Like calm down they'll fucking get around to it dude.

ACEfBjm.png

So in all of the history of mma they have produced 4 great fighters. And that is using the term "great" very very loosely.

And none of them, not even Sakruaba, come close to top 20 greatest mma fighters of all time...but you consider that to make japan "known for producing world class fighters"?

You said Sakuraba couldn't beat Brazilians. That's a post you made.

Last edited:

theyre all great fighters, by the definition of the word great, not by whatever arbitrary standards youve invented in your head. i dont even know what the point of stating my arguments is because youre just gonna double down on what youve said thats been proven wrong multiple times.

Megumi is in the top 20 WMMA fighters of all time, probably top 10. does WMMA count or does that not fit your argument?

Hyato Sakurai fought Matt Hughes for the UFC welterweight title. thats not world class?
Kyoji Horiguchi was champ in both Bellator and Rizin. also not world class?
Yuki Kondo was the King of Pancrase, knocked out Frank Shamrock and beat Semmy Schilt 3 times. thats not world class?

your central point - "Japan was never known for producing world class fighters" has been proven wrong. this is simply fact. you can argue that Japan doesnt produce many fighters that make it to the UFC anymore because that's true, theyre no longer an MMA powerhouse. most of my examples are from the past because of this.
but for a while they were, which disproves your point.

For the Brazilian highlight video they should show a compilation of the fans beating dudes on the way to the ring.

Also how they go silent when their countrymen lose.
huh?

If Pereira & Charles both win their next fights, I'd love to see a Brazil themed show in Sao Paulo. Obviously is wont be the same as the Sphere but they could have a stage with walkouts & greater overall production value.

Brazil definitely deserves a huge show with all the bells & whistles. UFC 198 on steroids.

The UFC caters to markets they're trying to break into, not markets they've already captured.

Shocking business practice

theyre all great fighters, by the definition of the word great, not by whatever arbitrary standards youve invented in your head. i dont even know what the point of stating my arguments is because youre just gonna double down on what youve said thats been proven wrong multiple times.

Megumi is in the top 20 WMMA fighters of all time, probably top 10. does WMMA count or does that not fit your argument?

Hyato Sakurai fought Matt Hughes for the UFC welterweight title. thats not world class?
Kyoji Horiguchi was champ in both Bellator and Rizin. also not world class?
Yuki Kondo was the King of Pancrase, knocked out Frank Shamrock and beat Semmy Schilt 3 times. thats not world class?

your central point - "Japan was never known for producing world class fighters" has been proven wrong. this is simply fact. you can argue that Japan doesnt produce many fighters that make it to the UFC anymore because that's true, theyre no longer an MMA powerhouse. most of my examples are from the past because of this.
but for a while they were, which disproves your point.
I didn't say they have produced no world class fighters. I said the numbers are low, and thats a fact.

We could all spout off about every person who ever lost to matt hughes or any other champ and the number of Japanese fighters would be very very small.

the ufc likes to spread it's cheeks to the saudis, but i get that, they dump a lot of money into the ufc

but what does mexico gives mma? some good fighters? if thats enough then they should have already made twenty brazil themed events

brazil and america both built mma from the ground up, if any foreign country should have a themed in event in america, should be brazil

this mexico pandering makes no sense
How about black people?

Back