Does this article make you lose respect for JDS?

Nah, I didn't lose respect for him. I'll leave that for the whiney little bitches looking for any reason to hate. No shortage of those.

I imagine he feels he needs to say something after getting dominated so badly. The only problem with what he says now is, it contradicts what he said before and after the Fight..where he said he was mentally prepared to win, and he had a great Training Camp. His pride is hurt.

Well....every fighter has a reason why they lose. If its poor gameplan, training, injury, mental, whatever. JDS is just explaining why he performed the way he did.

Happens to everyone at some point in their careers. Hope he's good to go by his next fight.

He didnt punish cain on his TD attempts I really think it's as simple as that. All fighters have hardships thats just the way it is. He's probably jus embarassed and trying to rationalize it, he is only human after all. NBD

JDS before the fight looked more intense than I've ever seen him. I think he my be making excuses.
Also to the people saying Cain made excuses, he didn't speak a word of it until the next year after, and still the in typical Cain fashion he was quiet about it.

Don't be retarded. Saying you lost because the other guy was better that night is an excuse too. What the fuck are they supposed to say?

What excuses will fighters come up with next? All subjective bull, there's no hard science there. I was fine with the "I was too worried about the take down", but this crap?

Stop whining and accept your beating like a man.

But I still like him.

Pretty typical of Brazilian fighters really. They seem to almost always have some excuse ready when they lose. It's gotten to be an MMA cliche.

TS be trolling. Lose respect? That only applies to kids who take everything on face value.

JDS has already mentioned in this video that he lost fair and square and stated that Cain was the better man that night.

3 things: the UFC likes Cain more than JDS because they want a Mexican champ, Cain can beat JDS, and JDS can beat Cain. The UFC probably won't give JDS a rematch as quickly as they did to Cain because they know either one could finish the other in an instant. They would be better feeding Cain other contenders while Junior works his way up again. Junior has to sell the rubber match somehow. People write his win off as a fluke because Cain had a shoulder injury and Junior wants the same. He wants to people to write off Cains win and clamour for fight number three. I might do the same thing if my career/sponsorships depended on it.

3 things: the UFC likes Cain more than JDS because they want a Mexican champ, Cain can beat JDS, and JDS can beat Cain. The UFC probably won't give JDS a rematch as quickly as they did to Cain because they know either one could finish the other in an instant. They would be better feeding Cain other contenders while Junior works his way up again. Junior has to sell the rubber match somehow. People write his win off as a fluke because Cain had a shoulder injury and Junior wants the same. He wants to people to write off Cains win and clamour for fight number three. I might do the same thing if my career/sponsorships depended on it.

Disagreed, they probably won't give him a rematch as quickly because, unlike in Cain's case when he got the rematch, there won't be a total of zero other viable options.

Pretty typical of Brazilian fighters really. They seem to almost always have some excuse ready when they lose. It's gotten to be an MMA cliche.

There are tons of successful fighters from Brazil, so its only natural that you would see a large number who have made excuses. Nobody goes on about how Americans always have an excuse for losing, when we've heard excuses from Tito, Fitch, Rampage, Hughes, Cain, Chuck, BJ, and plenty other guys.

No but this thread makes me lose respect for you TS.

Fighters get asked so many times what went wrong-what went wrong-I can see how they eventually say whatever's on their mind.

That said, if you agree to fight, then the result is a result.

No but it's unfortunate. I think fighters have a really tough time staying away from the excuses, even if they are true.

That's how I see it too. It's a bit annoying, but it seems like they all do it.

His true colors are shining through.

What true colors?

You fucking clowns jump on a bunch of shit in the media pretending that it gives you insight into whether or not a complete stranger is a good or bad person.

Back