Does this article make you lose respect for JDS?

I always appreciate behind the scenes information. It was weird how JDS gassed in less than 3min into R1, good to know it might be different next time. I have no idea why people who dislike this extra info bother coming into these threads. You guys are the true whiners.

Fighters are product, they're a brand.

I used to hate excuses, but over time I've accepted that they have to make them to sustain their marketability after they lose, or even perform poorly.

JDS was a world champion and has sponsors who are undoubtedly paying him quite a bit of money. In a sense, he owes it to them to preserve the image they're paying for.

Yeah it does somewhat he's singing the song; but what is worse is JDS fans like the post above mine (Baianada) that starts laying down the chorus & it become a crescendo!! An eternal Whine!

He had very high levels of creatine in his blood, which is a PROOF he was way overtrained. That is why he gassed by the third minute of the very first round.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

I always appreciate behind the scenes information. It was weird how JDS gassed in less than 3min into R1, good to know it might be different next time. I have no idea why people who dislike this extra info bother coming into these threads. You guys are the true whiners.

exactly.

"yadda yadda yadda" = you still lost... He should of just said cain was the better man that night, ill get him next time"

Why? What does it change?

personal opinion??? which is what he asked about???? facts are facts yes and it is scientific i just dont like the mental part of what he said and since its my opionion it matters???? why does it affect you so much you felt the urge to comment???

eh Cain made "excuses" after he lost and everybody got on his case no surprise that the same thing happens with JDS.

jds sure seems like a mental midget. the lime light has gone to his head and he can't handle it.

i've been punched on the chin hard and felt like all my power drained out of my stomach, wierd feeling but i could barely lift my arms up and had to call the spar off.

i think he just got rocked.

Seems like all of them make "excuses." I can't think of one mixed martial artist who hasn't...

Yeah but it's just him being Brazilian. He can't help it

Not lost respect for him. He's trying to save face, he's got big time sponsors and his image means a lot to him now. Nike won't stick by him for long taking beatings like that in the cage

Very true, he didn't just lose, he got totally dominated. If he can repair his image just a little by having an excuse, his fans and sponsors may give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing unusual there. When someone says "the best fighter won tonight" they also mean best the mentally, physically, and strategically. He's been asked this question a million times since he lost and he's just answering what he's being asked. Usually a coach, teammate or trainer will make a statement about something like his creatine levels or personal problems first. Then the reporter specifically asks the fighter about it. What is he supposed to do? To deny it makes his coach, teammate, or trainer sound like a liar. So they confirm it and then it comes off like making excuses rather than just answering a question.

Huh. Hope I didn't break any forum rules with this thread. Did I?

Yes you did

dub1.gif

Unless you are an obscurantist who hates science you should know that JDS is telling the truth. He has hard facts backing his claim that he was way overtrained.

LOL
So because he was overtrained Velasquez was outstriking him during the first 2 and half minutes of the fight?

Back