Does Sonnen have a chance?

^ That was the sorta stuff people were saying about Chael before his first fight with Anderson.. that everything Chael offered Silva had an answer for.. Don't be so quick to overlook this.

We didn't even see JDS BJJ skills he merely used his TDD the entire fight to get back up to his feet...

AS does not have Jones wrestling.This will be the factor this fight.

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm thinking Sonnen's "Shonie Carter Special" lands this time.

Chael by KO.

Excellent reasoning: "We've seen a fight with a somehow surprising outcome. That must mean Chael stands a chance."

WTF, seriously?

And btw, Chael didn't dominate for 2.5 rounds in the second. He got finished less than two minutes in in round two.

Jeez, some people...

Cain beat JDS because he's the best heavyweight in the world.....

Chael is not remotely near a world class fighter......it simply can't be done.

In paper not really

Style wise he is different than Jones other opponents so you never know

My opinions of Sonnens chances have not changed. I don't think he's going to win but he absolutely has a chance.
Btw I kind of expected Cain to win, but the way he dominated JDS was a complete surprise

Excellent reasoning: "We've seen a fight with a somehow surprising outcome. That must mean Chael stands a chance."

WTF, seriously?

And btw, Chael didn't dominate for 2.5 rounds in the second. He got finished less than two minutes in in round two.

Jeez, some people...
lol calm down. It's one thing to say that Chael probably won't beat JBJ, it's another to say he has no chance.. He does, and imo he has poses a real possible threat to JBJ. I'm not saying that he will win... just he does have a reasonable chance.

And yeah you're right, it wasn't 2.5 it was 1.5. He was controlling the fight until he missed the spinning back fist.

Chael feints a double leg and pulls off this bullsht head kick for the TKO/KO.

Only way i can see Cheal winning this fight would be that if Jones comes overconfident and plans to finish Cheal in 1 round and nor prepared 5 round fight. Cheal survives and is able to make Jones gas in later rounds while Cheal got huge gas tank.

This

Maybe if sonnen slipped something in Jones water...some time released drug that put Jones to sleep 30 seconds into the match. Anything later may give Jones enough time to finish chael.:icon_chee

30 seconds might be enough if Jones opens the fight with a flying knee like he did to Shogun.

JDS didn't have the wrestling ability that Jones has so it's less likely to happen but of course Sonnen has a chance. I'd say it's slim though, he can't beat him standing so he's going to wanna wrestle him....but Jones is a fantastic wrestler so it's not a good match-up for Sonnen lol.

lol calm down. It's one thing to say that Chael probably won't beat JBJ, it's another to say he has no chance.. He does, and imo he has poses a real possible threat to JBJ. I'm not saying that he will win... just he does have a reasonable chance.

And yeah you're right, it wasn't 2.5 it was 1.5. He was controlling the fight until he missed the spinning back fist.

How do you control a fight by failed TDs? Sonnen didn't look good the whole second round.

How do you control a fight by failed TDs? Sonnen didn't look good the whole second round.
Well yeah he failed one attempt but pushed him towards the cage and held him there for a bit. Again he was winning the second too, not as well as the first but still until he missed back fist.

Chael is his own worst enemy. If he fights smart and doesn't get too excited, he has a chance. Not a big chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Reasonable chance, explain how he would or could win, anything can happen in a fight but its hard to fathom Cheal beating jones when he really has no advantages in the fight maybe outside of his doubles.

The problem is that Cheals strongest skill is also Jones strongest skill which is wrestling and that would be his only line of offense, but lets hope Cheal puts on a good fight.

Back