Does Mousasi have the hardest debut of all the strike force fighters?

He won the title, ill give him that. He was still fast tracked there after he lost in his first fight in the UFC which he was also fast tracked to.

'ill give him that'

you act like winning the title isnt the ultimate goal of most fighters...

All the SF guys have tough debuts. Dana wants to prove UFC has superior fighters.

Well it's not going to good then strike force fighters are doing pretty good and with Cormier,Barnett,Luke,mousasi,jacare coming over to the UFC it's only going to get worst.

gilbert melendez vs bendo

i think thats the hardest entrance fight into the UFC from a fighter coming from strikeforce.

So far we've had:

Shields - Kampmann
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Diaz - GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - although he blew it and fought BJ
Overeem - Brock
Hendo - Shogun
Bigfoot - Cain

'ill give him that'

you act like winning the title isnt the ultimate goal of most fighters...

It's just a bit hollow. He had probably the easiest path to a true pro world championship in combat sports.

sherdog and the rest of the internet has told me that Mousasi is going to destroy everybody in the UFC for years

guess he gets to prove it now by fighting a top 10 opponent

glad he got a big name fight

Basically this.

Hendo and Bigfoot had harder fights coming over from Strikeforce.

Ofc. it wasn't Hendo's UFC debut but I'd say it counts.

Im a Shogun hugger but it is hard to call him tougher than Gus , did u miss there fight

I think Bigfoot had it pretty bad with Cain but Gus is a beast as well.

Melendez if he fights Benson will, Lawler fighting Koschek for his UFC return is up there. Henderson fought Shogun for his return, which I don't think is as tough as Kos or Benson but people on here would suck off Shogun if they could.

Brock was never a complete fighter, and he was rushed to a title shot, but he was great none-the-less. You dont steamroll Herring, Randy, Mir, and absorb a round of hell courtesy of Shane Carwin and survive long enough to come back and win without possessing greatness. Also, the guy who fought Reem was clearly not the same fighter who entered the octagon at UFC 100 and it was obvious. Like saying that Fedor who fought Hendo was the same guy who owned Nog.

Im a Shogun hugger but it is hard to call him tougher than Gus , did u miss there fight

I'm not saying he's better than Gus. I was speaking to style match ups. I consider Gus and Shogun elite, no doubt.

Only other person is maybe Big Foots debut with Cain but it wasn't in his backyard and a title eliminater?

would have to go with bigfoot - cain (especially in hindsight)

Because Lesnar was never any good right?

Lesnar was a great fighter, he defended the HW belt 2 times. Diverticulitis ruined him.

I concur. Buuuuuut he quit cuz of pride more than anything. He didnt like losing.

I don't think his wrestling is even that great, I just didn't wanna bash him. He was a striking cripple. I mean total cripple. It was hard to watch him throw even on the ground. He was never a UFC level fighter IMO

are you slow or something lol?

he could come back now and still beat the majority of the roster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back