Does McGoat have the second easiest path to a title fight?

If you only count UFC fights, Gilbert Melendez and Joe Soto both had no path at all.

plenty of guys, and it's not like he's jumping over a ton of more qualified fighters. people like to claim a title shot in itself is an endgame. it's one fight. his legitimacy will be shown over many more fights. like hardy, anderson silva, etc.

Lamas beat: Grice, Swanson, Hioki, Koch
Conor beat: Brimage, Holloway, Brandao, Poirier, (Siver)

I give Conor the edge though Swanson is the best fighter out of those lists. And he was coming off an injury and not that impressive WEC run.
There is nothing wrong with Conor's path whatsoever.

Wasteland.

His path to a title fight is Dan Hardy like, 4 wins (if he beats Siver) without having to face an elite wrestler.

Conor's path to a title shot is faaaaaaar from the worst, I consider is pretty standard.

Nothing beats Melendez- TS after beating Diego Sanchez, though there was more too it.

Weidman beat Munoz and Maia

Jones beat Bader, though he was a replacement

Anderson beat Leben.

The last 5 Featherweight contenders had an easier road than Conor.

The list can go on.

BJ Penn had NO fights at ww before his first ww title shot. Now that is an easy path. You can talk about a guys easy wins over competition in their division but not even fighting anyone is pretty damn easy.

Also, as far as Conor goes, he beat the #5 guy at fw and will probably beat the #9 or #10 guy, what ever Siver is. If you think there aren't a bunch of fighters who got title shots for less than two top 10 wins you know FUCK ALL about this sport.

TKZ was a late replacement, he already mention TJ was a replacement, we are assuming replacement doesnt count

A replacement for Pettis who was moving down from the LW division on the back of a loss.

BJ Penn had NO fights at ww before his first ww title shot. Now that is an easy path. You can talk about a guys easy wins over competition in their division but not even fighting anyone is pretty damn easy.

Also, as far as Conor goes, he beat the #5 guy at fw and will probably beat the #9 or #10 guy, what ever Siver is. If you think there aren't a bunch of fighters who got title shots for less than two top 10 wins you know FUCK ALL about this sport.
You really need to stop saying Poirier was top 5, and that goes doubly for Siver being in the top 10.

Not Mendes and Lamas. They beat more higher ranked fighters than Conor.

Eh', that's debatable.

Lamas, maybe, Cub was definitely legit, but I put him on the same level as Dustin. Then there was Koch.

Mendes' road was not harder. He had a nice streak, but Lentz and Guida were the only somewhat difficult competition.

Randy at HW.. and Vitor and Chael at LHW come to mind... maybe BJ at WW... but all of them were experienced vets with lots of star power. McGoober's path as been pretty easy compared to most UFC new comers.

Second behind Brock. Are there are others that had it easier? TJ had a pretty easy run but he filled in for an injury. Anyone else?

So many really easy routes. Anderson (beat Leben only), Sonnen (lhw), Nick Diaz (0 win streak at ww), Frankie Edgar (0 wins/fights at 145), Brock, and on it goes. Rampage was a very undeserving challenger to Jones at the time too, but at least he had history at 205. This list would be long if you noted everyone who didn't do much to earn a title shot. Cariaso, etc etc etc

Eh', that's debatable.

Lamas, maybe, Cub was definitely legit, but I put him on the same level as Dustin. Then there was Koch.

Mendes' road was not harder. He had a nice streak, but Lentz and Guida were the only somewhat difficult competition.
Cub beat Poirier. That puts him a level above Dustin. Lamas also beat Koch and Hioki who were both ranked. Mendes beat Elkins, Guida, and Lentz. All of those fighters were ranked higher than everyone Conor has beaten aside from Poirier.

he beat max holloway, brandao and poirier in dominant fashion. thats only an easy path if you're as good as conor ...

Silva also got a title shot fast.
Weidman idem IMO.

I don't count Jon or TJ, nor Vitor & Chael (at LHW) because they filled in for injuries.

Easiest? No. And none of this will matter after Conor beats Aldo anyway. Conor makes the most sense rankings-wise and from the monetary perspective for the UFC to get the next title shot. Unless you want to see endless rematches over and over again? The people pissed about Conor getting the next crack after he dusts Siver are those worried for Aldo's sake. I don't blame them.

AS beat Leban to get his shot........

his mortal combat "flawless" performance did earn him the right though.

leben landed like 0/50. And Andy was 100% accurate.

That was special

If McGregor beats siver by KO

I am a fan

Mir was a legit challenge, unfortunately Connor hasn't fought that level yet. His biggest win is Dustin who skill wise is at a level comparable to Heath who Brock also fought.

Back