Does McGoat have the second easiest path to a title fight?

Didn't they just hand Ronda the title?

Yes, Ronda and Aldo both. Neither one deserve it, let's strip both paper champs. Right?

Can you tell me the guys who have gotten title shots with far more difficult paths?

Anderson Silva beating Chris Leben?

Nick Diaz losing to Condit?

Sonnen losing to AS, going up in weight, and getting a title shot?

Chad Mendes' fights leading up to his second one with Aldo?

Come on TS, try a little harder.

Let's add Hendricks to the list.

TS1: Earned, coming off wins.
TS2: He loses, and gets an immediate title fight which he wins.
TS3: First title defense, so earned, and he loses it.
TS4: Loses his title and immediate rematch again. Thankfully scrapped.

So of his 3 challenges for the title (including the one that was scrapped because of fan boredom), only 1 was coming off a win.

Not a Connor fan at all. He may be good for the sport, but I do not support him.

That being said, c'mon with this shit. People have been given title shots off losses. At least he is beating (smashing) people. With a Siver win, I see no problem giving him a title shot. No one else in that division is more worthy.

Is this a joke?

How many fighters got title shots coming off losses? Randy, Diaz, Frankie, Shogun (even if you thought he beat Machida in the first fight)

Conor just beat a borderline top 5 guy, Siver is top ten, two top ten wins + easily the biggest draw in his division + Aldo already beat every other possible challenger = this is a pretty fucking obvious fight to make.

People bitch that the UFC doesn't make the fights fans want but even when they do make the fights fans want somebody will still bitch about it...

Plenty of fighters have had very easy paths to the title. Anderson Silva got a title eliminator against Leben in his UFC debut, Brock was 1-1. They both won the belt and defended multiple times.

Chael Sonnen got a title fight against Jones and hadn't won a fight at LHW in how long 7 years? or was it 10 years? ... and people are complaining about Conor on a 12 fight win streak, 13 by the time he could potentially get a shot.

There is better shit to whine about.

He'll be remembered as never fighting a wrestler in an era defined by wrestlers.

Back