Does McGoat have the second easiest path to a title fight?

skobydog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Second behind Brock. Are there are others that had it easier? TJ had a pretty easy run but he filled in for an injury. Anyone else?

Second behind Brock. Are there are others that had it easier? TJ had a pretty easy run but he filled in for an injury. Anyone else?

I'd say DC at LHW.
And i'm a DC's fan but honestly he 'stole' the title shot from Gus.

His path is no easier than Mendes' was, probably tougher. Tougher than Korean Zombie's, and pretty much everyone else who has fought Aldo for the belt. Just look at the records. It's easy to throw out statements like "he's having it easy" when everyone else is saying it and they'll agree because they don't like the guy, but look at the records, facts speak for themselves. This is as tough a title run as anyone has had against Aldo.

Edgar. Lost the LW title, lost the LW title rematch, got the shot at Aldo.

The fact the Siver isn't a wrestler has made people underrate Connors whole run in the ufc. He hasn't been fighting chumps, and Siver, despite understandably being the underdog, has becomes unfairly maligned.

Connors run has been impressive even though it's lacked a strong wrestler.

Florian, lost against Maynard at lightweight so moved down to FW, one win (by decision), got the title shot at Aldo.

I'd say DC at LHW.
And i'm a DC's fan but honestly he 'stole' the title shot from Gus.

Gus got injured and DC was a replacement, so deal with it. And I'm a Gus fan.

Dennis Siver? Com'on, this is a gimme fight to line Dana's pockets.

I suppose you could throw Carla Esparza and Rose (whatever her name is) in the pack. They only had to fight a few fights to get a title shot.

Florian, lost against Maynard at lightweight so moved down to FW, one win (by decision), got the title shot at Aldo.

Apparently Aldo has a history of 'undeserving' contenders.

...I'm making my MMA debut against Aldo.

Yes and Florian won 1 before his shot at Aldo.

If we're going to judge Conors path, we should probably exclude any champion/perennial contender who moved down or champs who got handed the belt/title shot upon merger of their promotion of origin.

His path is no easier than Mendes' was, probably tougher. Tougher than Korean Zombie's, and pretty much everyone else who has fought Aldo for the belt. Just look at the records. It's easy to throw out statements like "he's having it easy" when everyone else is saying it and they'll agree because they don't like the guy, but look at the records, facts speak for themselves. This is as tough a title run as anyone has had against Aldo.

This is correct right here.

In their last fights before fighting Aldo

Mendes 2: Guida and Nik Lentz. 2 guys tailor made for Mendes, both worse wreslters with worse striking

Mendes 1: Decisions over Rani Yahya and Omigawa.

Florian: Got beat up by Gray Maynard (loss) and then beat Diego Nunes

Edgar: 2 controversial losses to Henderson at LW. Still on a 2 fight losing streak and gets the shot.

Zombie: D'arce's porier in a back and forth (great) fight. KO's Mark Homminick in 7 seconds

Lamas: Erick Koch, Swanson and decisions Porier.

McGregor: KO's Porier in 90 seconds and decisions Holloway. ?KO's Siver?

Apart from Lamas, who's record before fighting Aldo is much better than McGregors?

Back