Does Matt Brown get a title shot if he wins against Condit?

I personally feel Demian Maia should get a shot, granted he gets by Shields. Matt Brown will skyrocket into the Top 5 should he get a win over Condit, but I feel Maia is just that much closer to a title shot.

What the hell would Shields do to Maia? Jake was on PEDs and still put on one of the most boring fights ever to happen, and I doubt he's going to feel comfortable laying on top of Maia.

I personally feel Demian Maia should get a shot, granted he gets by Shields. Matt Brown will skyrocket into the Top 5 should he get a win over Condit, but I feel Maia is just that much closer to a title shot.

This. Maia should get the next shot and Brown can fight the Rory/Robbie winner

I think yes, but I wanted to see Brown go through a wrestler to get to a title shot. There is a very real possibility that GSP just takes him down and subs him in round 1. I wanted to see if Brown's takedown and sub defense improved first, but with a win over Condit and his current 6 fight win streak, no one would be more deserving.

People are saying Maia, and yes he would be deserving, but not more deserving than Brown. DHK, Story, Fitch and Shields are 4 solid wins, but none of those guys are currently in the top 10. I think if they both win, it will come down to who was more impressive in victory. Maia vs. Shields has all the makings of being a big snoozer.

What the hell would Shields do to Maia? Jake was on WEED and still put on one of the most boring fights ever to happen, and I doubt he's going to feel comfortable laying on top of Maia.

fixed.

He definitely should especially if he puts on great performance or finishes condit.

Absolutely. If Brown beats Condit his streak will be slightly better than Maia's in my opinion. Maia doesn't have a top 5 win and Brown will have a win over the UFC's #2 ranked WW. Brown will out do Maia's streak in terms of quantity and quality. It's still close though and Maia has looked great and deserves a shot soon as well.

Brown beating Condit is a really big "if" though.

Either him or Maia, but I honestly think Brown would have the better case with a win over Condit... especially considering that Rory won't fight GSP.

What the hell would Shields do to Maia? Jake was on PEDs and still put on one of the most boring fights ever to happen, and I doubt he's going to feel comfortable laying on top of Maia.

He didn't feel that uncomfortable outgrappling Vinny in a grappling match.

Beating Condit is good enough for a shot imo, maybe fighting the winner of Rory or Lawler .

Depends how the rory/robbie fight goes but if he finishes i think so

Just a shame he's next to no chance if winning.

I guess so.

He hasn't beaten any top 10 other than Condit if he wins.

But you can't argue that streak + Condit would warrant a shot. Especially given some of the other shots given.

They would have to give it to him, and he would deserve it. Condit is the top of the food chain.

I don't see how he could be denied one at that point. I mean, I guess if he didn't it would be him vs. either rory/robbie for contender.
This.

I don't think he will beat Condit though.

Winner of this fight deserves a title shot. Who actually gets the shot is a different story the UFC never makes things predictable.

this is going to be a great fight but as far as a contender fight there are still names worthy of a next in line situation the 170 division could be the most stacked in the ufc right now

Back