Does Matt Brown get a title shot if he wins against Condit?

The UFC doesn't want Maia to get a title shot, and they are making it obvious. First they offer him Koscheck, and now Shields???? But they give Rory the Ellenberger fight, and Brown gets a shot at Condit. It's absolute trash. If Maia finishes Shields, they will just make him fight someone else irrelevant to the title picture. Unbelievably, he's behind Rory for a title shot, and Rory has openly refused a shot at GSP!!

Hell no. Not with condit being his only top ten win. Maia after he beats Jake shields should get the next shot.

7 fight win streak with Condit at the end.....hell yeah.....

He should.. but he wouldn't. The only other possibility would be Brown if he wins vs. the winner of Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald.

Should Demian Maia win against Shields, pair him up with GSP/Hendricks ASAP... Then if Matt Brown and Robbie Lawler win their next bouts, have them face each other to see who's next in line for the title... So many ifs though...

If Glover can get a shot, why not Matt Brown? Especially if he can finish Condit

if he beats Carlos then YES he deserves the title shot.

Let Maia fight the GSP/Hendricks loser or the Lawler/Rory winner. personally i think the only guy out of the four Damian beats is lawler.

Don't really matter cause he isn't gonna get past Condit

He should.. but he wouldn't. The only other possibility would be Brown if he wins vs. the winner of Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald.

Brown would be on a 7 fight winning streak crowned by Condit

Lawler on a 3 fight streak crowned by Rory and I don't feel like beating Koscheck makes up for the difference...

Should Demian Maia win against Shields, pair him up with GSP/Hendricks ASAP... Then if Matt Brown and Robbie Lawler win their next bouts, have them face each other to see who's next in line for the title... So many ifs though...

Both Brown and Lawler will have beaten a top 10 ranked opponent though if they are succesful unlike Maia who wasn't really been tested against the elite in the division yet. (no idea why the media ranks him #4)

Condit and Rory are the two scariest dudes next to the champ and his challenger on top of that...

Last edited:
i guess so . but i highly doubt he beats condit. i think maia or robbie lawler if he KO's rory cud also be justified for title shots.

Back