Does Lawler finish Brown with strikes?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown for the #1 contender- make it happen Dana!

It'll be naptime for someone. In matches like these you could blink but it wouldnt stop you from seeing more violence. Uncle Dana get on it. Lawler Brown and DHK Lombard. JBG must be appeased.

But if Lawler wins, he will rematch Hendrick within 1 year. I hate rematches that happens so soon. What if Lawler loses to Hendrick again? Cut to 155? Go back to 185? Stay in 170 limbo until Hendrick loses? 2 more fights imo.

Every contender that loses the title fight, whether controversial or not, 3 fights and winning them before another title shot. That's my humble opinion.

This got FOTY written all over it

But if Lawler wins, he will rematch Hendrick within 1 year. I hate rematches that happens so soon. What if Lawler loses to Hendrick again? Cut to 155? Go back to 185? Stay in 170 limbo until Hendrick loses? 2 more fights imo.

Every contender that loses the title fight, whether controversial or not, 3 fights and winning them before another title shot. That's my humble opinion.

I only like rematches when the fight was close or ended in the first minute. But I do t think he loses to Hendricks a second time. And if he does I'm sure Robbie will have no problem staying in the UFC @170 as a hype buster killing off contenders.

Definitely seems like they will aim for this for Fox 12 main event. Make it a title eliminator and you've got a great main event- potential FOTY and winner would obviously be very deserving of fighting the champ.

In the mean time- rory vs. Woodley winner or hector (should he beat DHK) could fight Hendricks first depending on who delivers the more impressive victory.

Definitely seems like they will aim for this for Fox 12 main event. Make it a title eliminator and you've got a great main event- potential FOTY and winner would obviously be very deserving of fighting the champ.

In the mean time- rory vs. Woodley winner or hector (should he beat DHK) could fight Hendricks first depending on who delivers the more impressive victory.

Woodley should get the next shot if he wins. And u know Dana loves to set up teammate vs teammate for a title so the stars may be aligning ...

as a fan of brown its his best shot at the title. robbie ain't going for the wrestling so its gonna be about who can take the most punishment. needs to happen on a fox show.

war brown.

I agree with your viewpoint on rematches.

I only like rematches when the fight was close or ended in the first minute. But I do t think he loses to Hendricks a second time. And if he does I'm sure Robbie will have no problem staying in the UFC @170 as a hype buster killing off contenders.

Everything is possible in MMA. It could be a career killer for Lawler. It's never good even for business point of view. You lose a potential "star fighter".

Example:
Cain, JDS. Fought each other from 2011, 2012, 2013. -.- Killed JDS career.
Weidman, A.Silva. Instant rematch, I see no chance of Silva going for title anymore.
Edgar, Maynard. Maynard lost all the steam after III.
Edgar, Benson. This is the most ridiculous.

Constantly building new fighters for title contention won't do good for the fans. The reason why fighters in the past have huge following is that they were built up slowly. Imagine a title fight involving the same 2 person happen within 1 year. It will be hyped as shit, but long run, it does nothing.

EDIT:
Good example would be Silva Vs Sonnen.

Silva got to defend his belt against 2 fighters between the rematch.
Sonnen got to win 2 more times to build up more hype around himself/his skill.

This is good business and fighter fame building.

Brown would get finished. He showed exposure against Erick Silva in the 1st. Lawler wouldnt let him recover from that.

Back