Does Lawler finish Brown with strikes?

Could go either way with the free swingers but I'd be pulling for a Robbie win though

No, Brown would be a big underdog in the fight. The quality of opponents that Brown has faced in his career is laughable compared to the quality of opponents that Lawler has faced. Lawler took the best punches that Hendricks had, unless Brown has the combo's of Nick Diaz, Lawler takes this.

I would be surprised if Brown wasn't a 4-1 dog in the fight.

I would rather see Brown against Ellenburger or the loser of Woodley/Rory. That said, Lawler vs Brown makes sense, because Lawler needs a fight to hold him over for Hendricks and Dana doesn't want Lawler to lose. Hendricks/Lawler rematch is very easy to promote (that is if Hendricks beats Rory). WW is definitely the most exciting division right now.

dat glass body gon get smashed

Clean shot to the liver will make anyone slump over like that. You just have to hope the ref that is in there, understands liver shots and will give you time to recover from them.

What an amazing fight that would be. If Lombard beats Dong then doesn't he get the next title shot? If so then why not make this fight? Brown gets another guy who's not going to wrestle him and he'll finally get someone in the top 5.

If Lawler wins, like most would expect him too, then he gets to stay unbeaten and in line for his shot. If Brown wins then he finally gets the top win he needs to catapult him to a title shot.

I'm with everyone else on this one. Robbie would definitely work in a lot of body strikes, and if he hurt Brown like Silva did then Robbie likely finish.

Since most are ruling out Brown, imagine if something like Smith/Sell happened!

Lawlers kicks have a ton more pop than Silva. This would not be a good match for Brown but if he gets a second wind you never know. :icon_chee

Death wasn't enough to stop Matt Brown, Lawler would struggle to put him away.

Brown is a tough guy, no doubt.

But there are just some guys who hit a little too hard to come back from. I'd put Robbie Lawler definitely in that bracket. Hendricks when he is throwing harder than 70%. Woodley as well.

I hate this matchup. Love both guys but one of them is gonna get KO'd or TKO'd.

Lawler's been pretty good at counterboxing for a long time, now he's more mobile and throws more kicks, sharp ones, too, and his defense is improved.

Brown's style as a base tends to work against the Lawler of old who would stand there flatfooted and try to counter with a bomb, but now he's harder to corner like seen with Jake.

Brown's also not the best template to use as an example of a pressure & volume fighter. Nick Diaz would give Robbie more problems. I think Robbie would put a beating on Brown, but since Brown can take it, Brown could take over in a war. Would still pick Robbie.

Pretty much this. Lawler has fought more like a technical striker recently. Not saying that he doesn't have brutal power tho. I like them both & would like to see this match for #1 contender if Hendricks isn't able to come back soon enough. Or if Woodley does something unbelievable against Rory.

I hate this matchup. Love both guys but one of them is gonna get KO'd or TKO'd.

Can't say I understand this mentality. Are you a fan of fights or not? Because this should be an amazing fight.

For real, I am getting all moist just thinking of the carnage that should ensue.

But if Lawler wins, he will rematch Hendrick within 1 year. I hate rematches that happens so soon. What if Lawler loses to Hendrick again? Cut to 155? Go back to 185? Stay in 170 limbo until Hendrick loses? 2 more fights imo.

Every contender that loses the title fight, whether controversial or not, 3 fights and winning them before another title shot. That's my humble opinion.

Lawler could never make 155. They are talking about making this fight either way. I would feel a lot better about setting up the rematch if Matt Brown had a chance to ruin it.

I'm diggin' the new Robbie Love. Welcome aboard fellas. :icon_chee

Been a while since I've seen any "Lawler's overrated/over the hill/past his prime" posts.

Seconded. There's room enough on this bandwagon for everyone :)

It'll be naptime for someone. In matches like these you could blink but it wouldnt stop you from seeing more violence. Uncle Dana get on it. Lawler Brown and DHK Lombard. JBG must be appeased.

On the first day the JBG said "you may have my son to bleed as you see fit for he is the lord of blood and though he is named Brown, his legacy will forever be smeared in red."

Back