Does Lawler finish Brown with strikes?

I don't see how this could be anything but an absolute barnburner of a fight

For Mr. Brown I'm liking either Condit or Woodley atm. I don't know how Carlos is doing with his injury but if he starts training later this year I'd like to see that fight come into fruition. Matt deserves a high profile fight but I'm not truly sold on him being ready for a title eliminator fight (even though a win against T-Wood or Condit will get him a title shot).

At this stage in both of their careers Woodley vs Brown makes a little more sense Matt will be tested against a very dangerous striker and strong wrestler. Whilst Woodley will fight someone who is dangerous, relentless and will test the shit out of his cardio.

Edit: Forgot that T-Wood and Rory Mac are going to scrap, Matt could fight either or and it would be a huge test for him.

Lawler would put Brown to sleep, don't forget the first 3 minutes of Brown's last fight, he wasn't doing very good at all.

If Rory beats Tyron, then I think Lawler vs Brown for a title shot works great. If Tyron beats Rory, Tyron vs Robbie for the next title shot.

I got semi-erection imagining this fight to happen....Only because I believe Lawler is at the top & Brown is at the bottom of this "mystical WW top 10"...

I never ever ever ever give any fighter a 100% chance but I give Robbie a 100% chance of demolishing Matt Brown.

Matt is a tough guy but Robbie is just as tough and leaps and bounds better.

Yep, thats the second best thing they can book for us to see after Brown v Nick Diaz.

Interesting as they both have fan-favorite styles. I'd fall victim to the anticipation as any MMA fan. Robbie on a good night has the tools to out-class Brown.

I got semi-erection imagining this fight to happen....Only because I believe Lawler is at the top & Brown is at the bottom of this "mystical WW top 10"...

I too, developed an erection just thinking about it. With Lawler at top, brown on the bottom, Lawler would definitely push Brown's shit in!

This is a fascinating fight and I hope it happens but I've been told by someone who knows more than I do that Robbie is moving his family over the next month or so and doesn't want to fight until fall. If Hendricks is ready by then, he'd get the title shot.

As for the "walk-off KO" by Robbie, I could see Robbie KTFO Brown and turns around and Brown (The Ohioan Zombie) pops right back up chokes him out from behind. Dude's not human.

Everything is possible in MMA. It could be a career killer for Lawler. It's never good even for business point of view. You lose a potential "star fighter".

Example:
Cain, JDS. Fought each other from 2011, 2012, 2013. -.- Killed JDS career.
Weidman, A.Silva. Instant rematch, I see no chance of Silva going for title anymore.
Edgar, Maynard. Maynard lost all the steam after III.
Edgar, Benson. This is the most ridiculous.

Constantly building new fighters for title contention won't do good for the fans. The reason why fighters in the past have huge following is that they were built up slowly. Imagine a title fight involving the same 2 person happen within 1 year. It will be hyped as shit, but long run, it does nothing.

EDIT:
Good example would be Silva Vs Sonnen.

Silva got to defend his belt against 2 fighters between the rematch.
Sonnen got to win 2 more times to build up more hype around himself/his skill.

This is good business and fighter fame building.

you example of sonnon is exactly the approach lawler would be doing tho, he had a very close decision loss to the champ, then a tko over a top contender then another fight with brown which he will win by ko then another title shot, whats the problem with that?

I'm diggin' the new Robbie Love. Welcome aboard fellas. :icon_chee

Been a while since I've seen any "Lawler's overrated/over the hill/past his prime" posts.

Robbie Lawler isn't Erik Silva. Robbie Lawler would knock Brown out in the first round and make it look easy.

Sick fight. I think Lawler would take it because of his power and I think his striking technique is a little sharper. But it would be a good fight.

It surprises me a little all the "Brown doesn't belong, Brown would get knocked out" talk, primarily because Brown has, as far as I can recall, never been finished by strikes and has been in there with some dangerous people.

Now, Lawler is a different kind of striker and animal than many of those in Browns win streak but again it's tough for me to flat out say that even a heavy hitter like Robbie would necessarily put Brown down because Brown has never been stopped like that. It's certainly possible- Robbie has the power to fuck up anybody and the confidence to create the opportunities to do it, as well as good technique. But people are making it like Browns a scrub instead of someone who just finished Mein, Pyle, and Silva.

Back