Does Khabib's Legacy Get An Asterisk for Not Fighting at Higher Weight Class (Like Conor & GSP)?

Does Khabib's legacy get an asterisk for not fighting at a higher weight class?

• Total voters
If less champions moved classes all the damn time it would make me happy. Be the man in your division. Let someone else be the man in another.

A king only needs one kingdom.

both guys you mentioned just picked smart stylistic fights

Conor has signed to fight for the LW belt:
  • RDA
  • Eddie
  • Khabib
Please explain how he has just picked "smart stylistic fights" when he's signed to fight every single LW champion since 2015, the year he decided he wanted the LW belt.

he detroyed DC & Rockhold in sparring

Rockhold was the MW champ & DC LHW & HW champ

He will retire as best light weight of all time but not as best of all time just cuz he won’t step up to welterweight. If he wins the el cucuy fight and still don’t try a welterweight run then he is just plain scared of fighting bigger guys..

Khabib running through the contenders at LW would be more impressive to me than him winning the belt at either welterweight or featherweight

Nah bro, GSP would've totally fought Yoel and Whittaker if it weren't for that sudden attack of colitis

{<jordan}

giphy.gif

Depends on how you view legacy. Considering there are other fighters that have had 0 issues going up in weight and becoming dual champions then it makes it a difficult case to become #1 p4p if you've only ever stayed in one weight class. Going up in weight proves that you are able to overcome a difficult obstacle; size. You effectively prove that even if all things aren't equal, you are still able to come out on top hence proving the "pound for pound" hypothesis.

I don’t see the legacy in beating a 43 year old man that walks around lighter than most UFC bantamweights. If it was about legacy he’d challenge Canelo, Bivol or even Spence if he’s set on having a size advantage.
I don't understand the fascination of a non-striker going into boxing. Mayweather would literally kill him in a boxing match.

Moving up is an easy way out. If you win, you can brag about beating a bigger boy, if you lose you already got an excuse ready.
Except for the fact that it takes balls to try it. Fighting a bigger and equally skilled guy can do some real damage to you.

Without cage to exploit Khabib wouldnt be anywhere near top 20 in any weight class a guy like that is scared to take any risks hence why he is avoiding Conor 2.0 at all cost

Khabib started his career at ww. Nearly dies making weight. He can be lw goat with a win over tony. But tony takes him into deep water and subs him late imo.

Moving up is an easy way out. If you win, you can brag about beating a bigger boy, if you lose you already got an excuse ready.

This is some weird logic coming from a guy called Sakurabaism. Guys moving up arent thinking "Doesn't matter if this guy 30lbs heavier than me puts me unconscious, atleast i'll have an excuse if I lose". It takes balls to move up a weight class and fight bigger guys, unless you think Saku was taking the easy way out his entire career.

I don't think it's a necessity for a fighter to move up to be considered an ATG but it should be taken into consideration. In Khabib's case - he's in one of the strongest divisions, maybe the strongest, with a bunch of title challengers and no real "superfight" at WW (outside of maybe GSP). No reason for him to move to 170

Conor is no natural FW so he didn’t jump shit, because he’s a natural LW.

He didn’t jump to WW either because he just fought other LW’s there.

Lol @ Conor fans thinking he’s some GOAT facing bigger guys.
finally someone put that right

Isn't Khabib 10-0 as a WW?
So he's already fought there, just not in the UFC. Conor had fought at LW too before he fought Eddie.
Fights that happen outside the UFC still happened.

Asterisk would be the wrong word but he'd obviously have proven more were he to beat top welterweights as well as top lightweights.

This fucking weight class :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ry is stupid. Fighters don't need to travel around weight classes to secure their legacy.

Back