Does Khabib's Legacy Get An Asterisk for Not Fighting at Higher Weight Class (Like Conor & GSP)?

Does Khabib's legacy get an asterisk for not fighting at a higher weight class?

• Total voters
He has two title defenses, stop this nonsense. He needs to face Tony before thinking about leaving LW.

Lol... i wonder if this thread worked out like TS was hoping it would?

The only fight that makes sense for his legacy outside of defending against Tony is perhaps Mayweather

I don’t see the legacy in beating a 43 year old man that walks around lighter than most UFC bantamweights. If it was about legacy he’d challenge Canelo, Bivol or even Spence if he’s set on having a size advantage.

Why would his legacy be negativity impacted for not fighting LWs at WW? He did his time at WW back in Russia.

The multiple weight class thing is overrated & overblown

all evidence is that defending a belt multiple times is the toughest thing in the sport

Everyone should keep in mind that Khabib’s manager is negotiating in the press. This is obvious but sometimes people get caught up & lose track

So... are you asking if the greatest LW of all time. Who's literally cleaned out his division and fought anyone they put in front of him. Will be looked at negatively for not changing weight classes?! It's like asking if Ali wasn't the greatest of his era for not dropping a weight class. GTFO dude....

I’m a big GSP fan. But at the time, his fight against Bisping seemed like a safer fight then Woodley.

The 155-Pound Safe Space

Khabib Has No Plans to Jump Weights Like Conor McGregor, GSP, or Anderson Silva

Khabib Nurmagomedov has no plans of jumping weight class. However, it eliminates a lot of interesting match-ups at the welterweight division. Coach Javier Mendez was asked about Khabib and his thoughts on a potential match against Jorge Masvidal. Here’s what he had to say.

“165? Absolutely not! Khabib has been very adamant about [being] a 155-er. He is not looking for new challenges, jump up in weight. He fights at 155. So, if for whatever reasons UFC offers Georges at some point at 155, I am sure, it would be good for both of them. But it will be at 155.”

Coach Javier Mendez claimed that Khabib wants to stay at the lightweight division, and has no interest in jumping weights. However, it’s highly unlikely that Georges St-Pierre will agree to a match at 155, but not impossible. St-Pierre is a former welterweight champion, and made a one match return for the middleweight championship. St-Pierre vs Khabib is a big money fight and an incredible fighting game between two of the best wrestlers in MMA.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/k...ht-division-according-to-coach-javier-mendez/

At this point his Legacy gets an asterisk because it has NO LOSSES

The 155-Pound Safe Space

Khabib Has No Plans to Jump Weights Like Conor McGregor, GSP, or Anderson Silva

Khabib Nurmagomedov has no plans of jumping weight class. However, it eliminates a lot of interesting match-ups at the welterweight division. Coach Javier Mendez was asked about Khabib and his thoughts on a potential match against Jorge Masvidal. Here’s what he had to say.

“165? Absolutely not! Khabib has been very adamant about [being] a 155-er. He is not looking for new challenges, jump up in weight. He fights at 155. So, if for whatever reasons UFC offers Georges at some point at 155, I am sure, it would be good for both of them. But it will be at 155.”

Coach Javier Mendez claimed that Khabib wants to stay at the lightweight division, and has no interest in jumping weights. However, it’s highly unlikely that Georges St-Pierre will agree to a match at 155, but not impossible. St-Pierre is a former welterweight champion, and made a one match return for the middleweight championship. St-Pierre vs Khabib is a big money fight and an incredible fighting game between two of the best wrestlers in MMA.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/k...ht-division-according-to-coach-javier-mendez/
Send this to the wastelands. Masterful trolling.

I’m a big GSP fan. But at the time, his fight against Bisping seemed like a safer fight then Woodley.
It was. Bisping was checkmated before the fight. GSP had the chops to take out Woodley as well but I think he made a great choice and should ride his Legacy into the sunset.

Hell Jones is already considered the GOAT by some fanboys while the dude made a career fighting washed pride 185er + having a real asterix caught cheating multiple times.

GSP was already considered the GOAT before facing bisping, actually beating Bisping is not that great of an achievement, coming from a HUGE gsp fan btw ...
He's beat all comers. If he quit today he's top 3. His drug usage and personal conduct issues suck and if anyone said that alone should keep him from GOAT I'd agree.

I much prefer that a champion defend their title and attempt to clean out their division before hopping around.

No, if there are worthwhile opponents in your own division it’s more impressive cleaning out that division.
Although I do find humor in the crybabies whining about GSP “cherry picking” the champion of the mw division while Andy gets a free pass for fighting the tailor made opponents he moved up for. That was every bit as much “cherry picking”.

Khabib can't mock Conor for losing at different weight classes when he is too scared to fight at higher weight classes. It may not undermine his legacy as a fighter but it undermines his legacy as a man.

He's beat all comers. If he quit today he's top 3. His drug usage and personal conduct issues suck and if anyone said that alone should keep him from GOAT I'd agree.
I don't care about his personal conduct, he can kill a baby, if he has the legacy to be the GOAT, I ll call him the GOAT.

Jones' problem is that he is a known steroid user, just amstrong or TJ, Jones' legacy is tarnished.

it would be nice if he just cleaned out his division before he retires.

I mean, micheal Johnson, Edson barboza, conor and dustin is hardly clearing out a division.

less Mayweather talk and more fighting if he wants his #legacy

Back