Does Justin Gaethje have a very low fight IQ?

To some degree, he seems better lately, not forcing the punches that much.

Last 3 fights there has certainly been a change with him, he isn't rushing in so wild, he is clearly focusing on being more accurate.

He needs to hire Jimmy Smith has a head coach so he can SLOW IT DOWN and STOP BEING EXCITING!

He's a low rent Fighter Levin Lee

That’s a pretty shitty apology <Lmaoo>

Grow up kid! I’m just worried about his longevity and wellbeing. He entertained us but I don’t want him to have health issues just for people like yourself who just want to win an argument!

Last edited:
YES, YES, YES! Fights like a total meathead! He literally fights like the stereotypical frat guy that is just too stupid for his own good.

Yes! next question...

This thread would have made a lot more sense 3 Gaethje fights ago.

I think it's mostly due to more favorable match-ups.

Barboza is a favorable match up
{<huh}

Vick is a can, i'll give you that one.

and many people picked cowboy to win.

<31>

Grow up kid! I’m just worried about his longevity and wellbeing. He entertained us but I don’t want him to have health issues just for people like yourself who just want to win an argument!

Why was i quoted in this?

{<huh}

<31>
Many people picked Cowboy, but I said many times before the fight that Gaethje was a horrible match-up. 8 years younger, better chin, the type of pressure fighter who always makes Cerrone wilt early in the fight.

He needs to fight someone more durable who has a better chance of taking the fight to the 3rd round or beyond. Even Al Iaqinta (whom Cowboy beat, I know) would be a bigger challenge. It's one of those styles-make-fights and "why MMA math doesn't work" things. Al has never been finished and can keep going after taking some hard shots (like the Masvidal fight). Speaking of Masvidal, either he or Nate would be really interesting fights for Gaethje if they move back to LW.

{<huh}

<31>
Cowboy always proved that whenever he fights pressure fighters he finds a way to lose and it’s perfect matchup for Justin to win really!

Many people picked Cowboy, but I said many times before the fight that Gaethje was a horrible match-up. 8 years younger, better chin, the type of pressure fighter who always makes Cerrone wilt early in the fight.

He needs to fight someone more durable who has a better chance of taking the fight to the 3rd round or beyond. Even Al Iaqinta (whom Cowboy beat, I know) would be a bigger challenge. It's one of those styles-make-fights and "why MMA math doesn't work" things. Al has never been finished and can keep going after taking some hard shots (like the Masvidal fight). Speaking of Masvidal, either he or Nate would be really interesting fights for Gaethje if they move back to LW.
I don’t understand why people can’t see what you’ Just said when it’s so obvious! Remember how RDA just finished him like a deer in the headlights?

Meh, some dudes just like to bang. He's a warrior in that sense, he's there to actually fight, not gameplan and strategize.

I mean he only wants to bang and he knows how to wrestle so why? Does he think he is not going to get old one day and all this brain damage will catch up with him? Does he want to win only through brawls with other fighters? Should he just fight in MT or kick boxing since he never even attempted to take someone down! What do you think of his fighting IQ
He doesn't need it.... its why Khabib will never fight him....

He's 3-2 in the ufc, way too early to judge how good he is

I don’t understand why people can’t see what you’ Just said when it’s so obvious! Remember how RDA just finished him like a deer in the headlights?

And Till, who's not looking all that great now. You don't have to be championship material to KO/TKO Cerrone...you just need the right style.

Back