Does Justin Gaethje have a very low fight IQ?

Both are boxing heavy vs Gaethje who is much more MT oriented. They exposed (once again) MT's susceptibility to inside fighting if they can't establish the clinch.

And Cowboy smashed Eddie with leg kicks and he also brutalized another MMA boxer in Iaquinta.

I would pick Gaethje over Eddie or Dustin in a rematch. Gaethje is far more measured in his approach now, dealing damage but not meaningfully taking it.

In college 8 years ago! Of course Hendo was an Olympic wrestler and he got taken down by everyone from Ninja Rua to WW Jake Shields. For the record, both Poirier and Alvarez took Justin down...though his fans say Khabib won't be able to.

Yea its sherdog. Ts clearly knows better than Gaethje and his trainers.

Btw ts I uses to bang 8s and 9s on the regular in college. Shockingly 15 years later I am not pulling that type of pussy. Gaethje boxes cause he thinks that's his best path to victory. That's all that really needs to be said.

High guard is what costed him in the Alvarez fight

A stubborn high guard just standing in front of his opponent is what used to cause Gaethje to eat a lot of damage.

Look at how he approached the Cowboy fight. He started with leg kicks from the outside and measured combinations.

For the most part what he's been doing is working... so why change it?

I mean he only wants to bang and he knows how to wrestle so why? Does he think he is not going to get old one day and all this brain damage will catch up with him? Does he want to win only through brawls with other fighters? Should he just fight in MT or kick boxing since he never even attempted to take someone down! What do you think of his fighting IQ

He has a very low fight IQ. Thats why his coach is crucial to be that fight IQ

He fights that way because he can't see well. It is kinda funny but he does his best work using a counter to back his opponent off. It used to be if the opponent touches his guard then he automatically fires but now at least he added a slip.

He basically said his new style is based off Romero where he’s a bit more conservative and hunts for the KO

What’s still hilarious about this though is in the 3 past fights where he’s implemented this new style he’s still landing 9 significant strikes per minute lol

Ha he's also taken all three guys out inside the first round.

Justin isn't just barreling into people like he use too without a care in the world, seems to be working. Plus, he said he was never a good offensive wrestler.

Yeah, Tony's is so terrible that he's never been KO'd/TKO'd and is on a 12-fight winning streak. Meanwhile Jussie has been TKO'd twice.

But what do you expect from a braindead Fedor bot?

Tony gets knocked down in every other fight.

No it’s not because he is small and and haven’t used his wrestling for a long time while Khabib does it almost everyday
Did you not hear Justin say that he never was a good offensive wrestler?

Still higher fight IQ than Garbrandt.

"Fight IQ? Don't matter! My right hand is my fight IQ".

I think Justin has a high fight IQ, but he applies it to different problems than winning in the safest manner. There are considered reasons behind choosing to fight as he does. Whether it's a wise choice in the long run...that's a different question.

So does this also mean that every fighter that doesn't wrassle the whole fight has low fight IQ ?
If every fighter should go do the 1 discipline they like best, like TS suggests Justin should do, MMA would not excist.
Nonsense thread.

I mean he only wants to bang and he knows how to wrestle so why? Does he think he is not going to get old one day and all this brain damage will catch up with him? Does he want to win only through brawls with other fighters? Should he just fight in MT or kick boxing since he never even attempted to take someone down! What do you think of his fighting IQ

I don't think his fight IQ is low. I think its average.

He just doesn't give a fuck TS.

Yea its sherdog. Ts clearly knows better than Gaethje and his trainers.

Btw ts I uses to bang 8s and 9s on the regular in college. Shockingly 15 years later I am not pulling that type of pussy. Gaethje boxes cause he thinks that's his best path to victory. That's all that really needs to be said.
Justin can probably follow his gameplan against everyone at LW except Khabib and maybe Kevin Lee and Gillespie. We can assume he'll shuck off ever TD attempt with ease (many people are) and knock all those guys out...but won't know until they fight. As of right now, his MMA wrestling level is very uncertain...and we should all know by now that college wrestling credentials aren't the same as MMA wrestling.

Tony gets knocked down in every other fight.

Agree, but so far his chin has held up. Gaethje gets knocked down less but has been finished twice. We won't really know who's better unless they fight. My only prediction is Gaethje wins if he can finish Tony in Round 1 or 2. If it goes to Round 3 or later, Tony will turn to indestructable zombie mode while Justin fades like the Alvarez and Poirier fights. They're both very dangerous but in different points of the fight.

Back