Does Holly Holm hold the record for most boring Main AND Co-Main events?

The last 3/4 of gsps career were way more boring. At least you can stare at Holly's ass.

ya but valentina actually fights and is interesting to watch. That shit last night was fuck.
Val's fight against Carmouche was a giant stinker and was in no way shape or form interesting to watch.

At this point I think the consensus to kill WMMA won't be contested by too many TBH.

ESPN wants wmma. No way dana made that the co main.

Woodley VS Thompson

each fight counts as infinity

Holly Holm's boxing credentials are suspect at best. Closing your eyes while charging forward throwing punches ish ish style is not boxing.

The UFC is just unbearable with this shit sometimes...

How fucking hard is it to get a decent fight together for a co-main to a Conor main event?

Dana was whining about it the presser, what a fucking doofus.
Fuck the UFC for making the rest of the card so shitty.

I was on the brink of falling asleep at the restaurant. That never happens!
I think Dana was just trying to make sure could seal a deal with Conor to impress ESPN without starting off 2020 in the red. He needed as many bargain fighters on that PPV as he could get and fighters like Holm and Pettis were big enough names to ring a small bell in the minds of casuals

Pretty sure Conor insists on being the only fighter on the card with PPV points in their contract (so he doesn't have to share PPV payouts), and since only the top fighters get PPV points... well, there you go

The division is a wee thin. lol
I’m not suggesting she’s cut - she just doesn’t need to be given these showcase high profile/position fights

honestly this would of been a great fight as the main event of the prelims

The last 3/4 of gsps career were way more boring. At least you can stare at Holly's ass.

holly-holm-raquel-pennington-ufc-246-5.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
She needs a new coach to get her pissed off like when Betche taunted then paid for it via headkick and accurate follow up.

I’m not suggesting she’s cut - she just doesn’t need to be given these showcase high profile/position fights

honestly this would of been a great fight as the main event of the prelims

I think the problem is her management negotiated a hell of a contract for her. She's one of the best paid WMMA fighters and I bet there's a clause in there that says she always gets a good slot on the main card.

Val's fight against Carmouche was a giant stinker and was in no way shape or form interesting to watch.

and anderson had a snoozefest circus of a fight with maia. I get your point and you're right, but even the best have boring fights sometimes (cept rare exceptions like fedor and gaethje), it's just that fighters like holm have them so wearily often that it becomes a problem, and sometimes meme-worthy at that

Actually in that case it could be a good thing. You need a calm down period between the big ones. Sadly the whole card was somewhat weak oh well.

It’s wmma what do you expect? That fight was a literal bathroom break. Idk why they do that crap. Millions of ppl watching, great opportunity to present the sport to a ton of new fans and then you put on 2 amateur soccer moms as co-main lol. Wmma is a joke and that co-main was an embarrassment and missed opportunity for the UFC.

Yeah, I just threw on Conor Nate 2 instead, glad I did

Respect to her as a fighter and what she has done in the past

But I can't see how she gets on a main card these days just not the sort of fighter you want to see in a Semi main event especially when there are so many other fights you can have there

Holm can be boring but I'll always love her for ending the Ronda hype. Pennington has no business being in a co main or even ppv. Nunes is the only wmma fighter I want to see at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back