Does Holly Holm hold the record for most boring Main AND Co-Main events?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm not saying Holly didn't do what she needed to do to win but her Main Event against GDR and then her Co-Main Event against Pennington have got to be 2 of the most boring fights of all time. Also with her being gunshy after being KO'd by Nunes expect more point fighting from her in the future ala GSP coming out of Jackson's.

Anyone disagree?

Was it that much boring than her first fight with Pennington? What did anyone expect?

It’s wmma what do you expect? That fight was a literal bathroom break. Idk why they do that crap. Millions of ppl watching, great opportunity to present the sport to a ton of new fans and then you put on 2 amateur soccer moms as co-main lol. Wmma is a joke and that co-main was an embarrassment and missed opportunity for the UFC.

It’s wmma what do you expect? That fight was a literal bathroom break.

Not sure how long your shits are.

Hell, I could take a shit, have sex, take a shower and light a bowl of weed and I'd still have been back on time for the main event.

Demian Maia holds this record for UFC 112 and 214.

Not sure how long your shits are.

Hell, I could take a shit, have sex, take a shower and light a bowl of weed and I'd still have been back on time for the main event.
If wmma is on, I can shit all night!

Possibly. When that match got made i thought of a few questions..

Why is this fight happening?
When did they fight before?
Why is it a co main?

Thats what made the cowboy bitching out scene that much worse. I was bored as fuck and we finally get our main event and...christ..shoulder strikes.

Nah, I blame Raquel for that mess. Holly tried to do the same wall and stall shit with GDR, but was forced to strike instead. Raquel cant wait long enough to get home so she could put on some sweat pants, a wife beater and eat a spaghetti dinner made by Tecia.

The UFC is just unbearable with this shit sometimes...

How fucking hard is it to get a decent fight together for a co-main to a Conor main event?

Dana was whining about it the presser, what a fucking doofus.

Fuck the UFC for making the rest of the card so shitty.

I was on the brink of falling asleep at the restaurant. That never happens!

To think that this boring annoying hagling got paid 250k... I don't wanna hear shit about low fighter pay

She's vastly overrated. The only thing that makes her relevant is that Ronda Rousey win.

The UFC is just unbearable with this shit sometimes...

How fucking hard is it to get a decent fight together for a co-main to a Conor main event?

Dana was whining about it the presser, what a fucking doofus.
Barboza wanted on this card... him against literally anyone at LW or FW was better than this Holly Holm fight.

I don’t get why Holly, a championship level boxer and former champ fought such a crap fight. She’s facing a 10-8 (at the time) girl she could easily smash and yet she resorts to wall and stall the entire fight to play it safe. Pennington poses no threat to her and yet she was content with wall and stall.

Terrible fight. Cut Holly already, literally nobody wants to see her wall and stall and ish her way to these boring decisions anymore. I’m not sure why she was so amped up to fight going in if that was her game plan..

Barboza wanted on this card... him against literally anyone at LW or FW was better than this Holly Holm fight.

I think Dana was just trying to make sure could seal a deal with Conor to impress ESPN without starting off 2020 in the red. He needed as many bargain fighters on that PPV as he could get and fighters like Holm and Pettis were big enough names to ring a small bell in the minds of casuals

I think Dana was just trying to make sure could seal a deal with Conor to impress ESPN without starting off 2020 in the red. He needed as many bargain fighters on that PPV as he could get and fighters like Holm and Pettis were big enough names to ring a small bell in the minds of casuals
Pettis im not mad at because win, lose, or draw, he brings excitement while he's in the fight.

With my friends though we all remembered Holly-Pennington sucked the first time. Both have propensity for shitty fights. Why have it as the co-main? That fight had prelim written all over it.

Barboza-Iaquinta would have made a good co-main. They aren't big draws, but both ranked guys and guaranteed fireworks.

Incredible the amount of mileage she's got out of that one good UFC performance. The other ten have been entirely forgettable.

She hasn’t made my sig yet, so the answer is no.

Holly seems like one of the few women's fighters who is an actual professional athlete. And she's learned that her endurance and strength are capable of producing these wins for her.

Shit. She's turning/turned into the wmma Cheick Kongo. Just needs to learn some kicks to the box, instead of the pills like Kongo.

Back