Does Chael Sonnen have the most underrated chin in mma?

It's not 2005 anymore. Chael has good BJJ now. See his last 3 fights.

I love how you conveniently said last 3 fights instead of four....

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen.gif

Love this pic... Sonnen fan on left ... Silva Fan on right :)
guy on right reminds me of Jack Nicholson gif...

9wj9y.png
[/QUOTE]

chael has underrated striking perod. he dropped silva like 3 times
The guy threw one of the worst spinning back fists in the history of combat sports. Did you see how he was practicing it before the fight on the pads? LOL I cant fathom how anyone could throw it like that and say "yeah that looks about right"

His striking is rated just right.

Stann also rocked him with a cross, I think it was, in the second round of their fight when the referee stood them up (it was a bad stand up, by the way). He handled it very well and recovered pretty fast, though.

I think Marquardt nailed him with a nice flying knee and Chael still walked through it and secured the takedown. He's a tough bastard.

I mean he has never been rocked only time he has been seriously winded was against Anderson with that controversial knee to the body? Anyone agree? I no he said he said he got rocked against Bisping.

Is his chest rock solid?

Chael has just a good or better chin than either of those guys.
Hunt was ko'd in 18 seconds by mw,and roy was ko'd badly. Chael was tko'd by a body shot.

Chael would get knocked out by those shots too... And would get knocked by shots equivalent to a CC LHK and JDS uppercuts, since he's not a HW.

He has a pretty good chin but definitely not better than Nelson or Hunt

It looks to me like he got dropped after being rocked.

I can see how you might think he was just shooting for a single, but I think that was more a reaction to being hurt than his plan all along to fall to his knees while feebly and blindly grasping for Anderson.

You know how it is, how often do we see wrestlers shoot for a TD instantly after being hurt. Or any fighter period going for their bread and butter when in danger.

You really can't see Anderson catch his leg while he elbows him in that gif? That stutter you were talking about was Sonnen hoping on one leg and falling then trying a take down so he wouldn't have Anderson on top of him.

I thought the general consensus was that he had a granite chin.

c70c6_b4stwg.gif

x3xv0p.jpg

You've ever seen?

They've got great chins, and they've taken a lot of shots that would've put people away, but they can't be the best chins ever.

If it isn't one of them then it is Shogun or Henderson, and I am not sure if they would survive running into that right bomb thrown by Melvin and those 3-4 bombs after on the ground.

Melvin Manhoef is a flawed fighter but power is not one of those neither is his ability to hurt people with strikes, he has KOed 24 of the 26 guys he has beaten.

I thought the general consensus was that he had a granite chin.

You are correct, sir. Petrologists around the world are lining up to check out Chael's chin because it's made out of solid rock.

Excellent, classic jaw-line with a tremendous head of hair.....oh yeah, a granite chin as well.

Absolutely. Chaels success against AS was in large part because he could survive big strikes and then fight his fight (until the triangle and spinning backfist).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back