Does Chael Sonnen have the most underrated chin in mma?

KayP

White Belt
Reaction score
I mean he has never been rocked only time he has been seriously winded was against Anderson with that controversial knee to the body? Anyone agree? I no he said he said he got rocked against Bisping.

I mean he has never been rocked only time he has been seriously winded was against Anderson with that controversial knee to the body? Anyone agree? I no he said he said he got rocked against Bisping.

Headbutt rocked him against Bisping, outside of that, Sonnen won on the feet and made Bisping bleed from the face.

You "no" or "know"?
Anyways, to answer your original question, the answer it quite possibly. Chael does have a solid chin and he never stops moving forward.

8.gif

IMO Roy Nelson has the best chin in MMA.

The guy has ate some of the biggest bombs from the best HW's in the world & he just keeps coming forward.

I mean he has never been rocked

Anderson dropped Sonnen with an elbow in their first fight.

2jyub_jpg.gif

But yes, Sonnen has a solid chin and can take a ton of abuse.

Unfortunately, his sub defense isn't very good.

IMO Roy Nelson has the best chin in MMA.

The guy has ate some of the biggest bombs from the best HW's in the world & he just keeps coming forward.

Roy definitely does have the best chin but it's not underrated he is synonymous with a granite jaw

People never associate Chael with a good chin but I do agree that it is very underrated

2jyub_jpg.gif

Doesn't really....Look rocked?

I'm all for guys getting rocked / wobbled / dropped, but he looks like he eats a shot and is totally coherent continues to work on either a takedown and movement?

What was controversial about the knee?

Sonnen does have underrated striking. He could have been a boxer too, technically he could of been whatever he wanted too. You don't have championships in collegiate wrestling if you can't do whatever you want to put your mind to. I don't think he will be knocked down by Jones.

I think for overall body resilience Nam is included for the amount of punishment he took from Siver.

Anderson dropped Sonnen with an elbow in their first fight.

2jyub_jpg.gif

Looks like he gets dazed a bit by the elbow and looks for a single.

Not dropped

Wait, you guys really don't think that elbow rocked Sonnen? It looks like he stutters for a second and then recovers.

I mean I dunno how long we're talking about being out of it to be called 'rocked', but to me it clearly looks like the elbow hurts Sonnen and he needs a moment to gather himself.

Anderson definitely hurt him bad with a punch from his back about 10 seconds before he triangled him. Idk if he was rocked, but he was obviously hurt by it. Didn't hardly move a muscle after that punch.

Back