Does Chael Sonnen have the most underrated chin in mma?

Marquardt rocked him with a flying knee in their fight. I think there's a gif of it somewhere.

Alot of phsiological things would happen from the knee that could have effected his head but its the short right that beat him. Apart from Silvas ability to pin point perfect spots on peoples jaw (Punch from guard before triangle in 1 and 'choke punch' in 2)Sonnen has a good chin. Stann nailed him just after they were stood up and Chael ate it and press stann against the cage like nothing

I think the waters get a little murky when you add words like "most (in mma)" cause then to be true to that statement you'd pretty much have to compare him with EVERYONE in mma and see how their chins are thought of and if they're underrated or not, ect

(maybe you can't tell, but I hate hyperbole. It's just so fucking stupid and sherdog is in love with it)

anyway... Chael Sonnen has a great chin and doesn't get enough credit for it. I think that's a reasonable statement.

wtf are you talking about.

Are peoples memories really that shit?

I have noticed that a lot of people seem to think Anderson landed the knee and then immediately started gnp'ing and that was the end of the fight. People forget completely that he got back up and had to be dropped again.

but that's not the first time that's happened in mma

No he doesn't, plenty of people recognise Chael has a great chin, so it's not underrated.

Sonnen does have underrated striking. He could have been a boxer too, technically he could of been whatever he wanted too. You don't have championships in collegiate wrestling if you can't do whatever you want to put your mind to. I don't think he will be knocked down by Jones.

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

Well, ok. He probably couldn't have played basketball, he is a little on the short side for that.

Anderson and JDS have two of the most underrated chins IMO. They never look hurt off clean shots.

Sonnen, Guida, Diego Sanchez and Werdum all have underrated chins.

The reality is that Sonnens chin hasnt actually been tested much, generally he's won and lost matches on the ground.

Headbutt rocked him against Bisping, outside of that, Sonnen won on the feet and made Bisping bleed from the face.

Chael admitted that Bisping PUNCHED him so hard that he didn't know where he was.

Also what was controversial about the knee to the BODY vs Anderson?

Can't tell if trolling

Anderson dropped Sonnen with an elbow in their first fight.

2jyub_jpg.gif

But yes, Sonnen has a solid chin and can take a ton of abuse.
he also got knocked down in the second fight after he got up from the knee to the body

I mean he has never been rocked only time he has been seriously winded was against Anderson with that controversial knee to the body? Anyone agree? I no he said he said he got rocked against Bisping.

hard to be rocked when your dry humping 98.5% of your mma career. shogun has the best chin in mma. then maybe roy nelson.

Back