Does anyone think Fedor could make serious UFC title run?

i wonder who's going to break the news on this forum. i bet it's going to be one of those connected dudes that follows every fighter on the planet on every platform available to man.

i hope it's a mod and stickies it since it's going to be a lot of talk on that thread.

According to Karim Zidan (he commentates for Knight Fighting and works with BE)

Fedor didn't need to evolve he just needed to not devolve into the headhunting brawler of his later fights.

Fedor's striking in the Crocop fight was some of the most technical ever seen in the HW division.

If he could go back to being explosive and mixing up his striking with his grappling he could be a force again, he used to be so slick with that armbar.

Just think Fedor fans. This guy is on your team. Aren't you proud?

I don't if cmw43 is a Fedor fan, but that's fair in describing Fedor. It's likely, but it could be the fight game maybe did pass him up..or hey, maybe it was his time to lose to some..

The other guy..maybe he is just wishing to hard..I would like to see Fedor do well, even maybe a couple fights then retire for good. too many variables at this point for to say yeah, Fedor gets the title..

I am no Fedor superfan, don't even think he's in the discussion for GOAT anymore, and I still think he could fight to a title in the UFC.

If injuries/wear have really hobbled Cain, like he looked in the Werdum fight, I see no reason why Fedor can't at least fight his way to the title.

All the top UFC HW's are old/declining and he'd have a chance versus almost all of them, however if Fedor is the guy we saw versus bigfoot, he's in major trouble.

As shallow as the division is, yes- I think he could make a run. I don't think he has much of a chance to actually win the belt, but I could see him winning a couple fights, looking good, and getting a crack at the title.

Dude got run over by Bigfoot Silva, submitted by Werdum (before Werdum developed his striking), and KO'd by a MW in Henderson. Hasn't fought in forever against any credible competition, but sure, he will make a run...

I think we all do brother. I love me some Fedor. Im just kinda stuck on how he beats Cain mostly. I see him beating Werdum easier then Cain for some reason

I think it's because Fedor clearly has better hands/standup than Werdum and doesn't have to worry about Werdum shooting for a take down

If Fedor doesn't jump into Werdum's guard, he'll wreck him

Cain always has that takedown threat on Fedor even though Fedor is better standing and has better subs

If Fedor fights Werdum I'd lay money on him.....not so much for Cain. I probably wouldn't bet on Fedor against JDS either, but I could see that one being a coin flip to whoever lands the KO shot first.

Fedor over Arlovski all day.

I am in agreement with those that say if he comes in only 'headhunting', he won't go far (I think JDS has a good reach and pretty good boxing for MMA). He built his house on striking to set up his ground and pound, finishing with one of the best arm bars I've ever seen. It was always something for fighters to be wary of. He also had incredible pace and never seemed to let up. He slowed a bit in Strike-force, you could see times where Fedor would flurry Rogers and then stand there to compose himself, opening himself up a bit. If he has indeed got that fire back and healed, he is a force against anyone.

If the "I want to believe" Fedor shows up, here's what I think;
-Arlovski - Closer fight but same result, AA taking a nap.
-Mir - TKO, Fedor swarms him on the feet, wouldn't it be crazy if Fedor arm barred him?
-JDS - This could be a bad match up for Fedor, I wouldn't be ashamed to say Fedor lost to JDS.
-Cain - Tough to call, Cain like he fought Werdum, Fedor wins imo. Takes his arm home. 'Revenge Cain', diff story. Could go either way.
-Werdum - I have a feeling that if Fedor doesn't over estimate his own skills in the guard (or at least doesn't go there right away, wait until later when they are both have a full on sweat going--harder to grip) and keeps this standing, he can pull it out, decision or maybe TKO. Play in Werdum's guard is playing with fire though.

If he signs in Bellator, I will still watch, but they have nothing to offer.

Anyone can make a run in the heavyweight division. It's one of the weakest divisions in the sport. I don't see Fedor beating Cain, JDS, Browne, or Werdum but with one his "kettle bells" and one punch anything is possible.

He sure can. He has incredible punching power and fast submissions. Age is not a big factor since most ufc hw division in 30s

Dude got run over by Bigfoot Silva, submitted by Werdum (before Werdum developed his striking), and KO'd by a MW in Henderson. Hasn't fought in forever against any credible competition, but sure, he will make a run...

Oh', he'll make a run alright. A run to Mcdonalds to pick up a depression curing Big Mac, once he realizes he just lost to Travis Brown in the first round.

Oh', he'll make a run alright. A run to Mcdonalds to pick up a depression curing Big Mac, once he realizes he just lost to Travis Brown in the first round.

Imagine the sherdog butthurt if Fedor got beat by Shaub

I'll delay my assessment until he'll have actually fought again

Imagine the sherdog butthurt if Fedor got beat by Shaub

Unfortunately, the butt-hurt would boil down to a bunch of excuses.

"The UFC made Fedor a slave"

"Fedor is old, so nobody thought he would win, right?"

"Regardless of his recent record against shitty fighters, Fedor is still GOAT!"

And on and on....

Arlovski lost to Johnson (who fought at MW), Sergei Kharitonov, Brett Rogers, Fedor and Big Foot

yet....Many here are arguing Arlovski deserves a title shot

LOL, no.

1-3 in Strikeforce, including a 61 second loss to the current champ, and a loss to that badass Bigfoot, and a MW. After that he went on to crush some cans.

He will be destroyed in the UFC. Best to stay in Russia, and set up a fight with Ken Shamrock.

Worst kind of idiot posting here ↑. So disrespectful and stupid.

Worst kind of idiot posting here ↑. So disrespectful and stupid.

Your biased fanboy hurt only tells me that I speak the undeniable truth.

Can't wait to see your posts if Fedor ever grows the balls to sign with the UFC.

in 2015 mir and arlovski are fighting in what might be a title contender fight.

fedor might make a serious run.

Back