Does anyone see 'fake' happiness?

This is why I post here. I really think that posting (when not trolling haha) can be helpful and a great meeting of minds. I appreciate everyone's opinion, even if I don't agree with it... thank you for helping me work through my mind even if the thread got sidetracked.

I'll pay it forward and try to give my intake in other threads too.

Sure, I see it all the time. These are the materialistic people who think that money and things are what makes the world go round. Meanwhile they have shitty relationships with people, hate their job, and don't know what to do with themselves when they don't have some expensive trip to go on, a new shiny car to drive or some $150 pair of jeans to squeeze into

/rant.

You sound happy.

:wink:

TS, you sound like a paranoid, miserable fuck. Hopefully you don't shoot up a public place in the future

Remember that the world, is your mirror. Casting back at you the reflection, of that which you have projected into it. How many arguments do you find yourself engaging in? Is there bitterness and acrimony within the ranks? Do you look at others, and think about how you would like to change them? Or, do you love them, and accept them as they are?

The quality of your relationships, is an excellent mirror from which to gauge the quality of your output. Or, in other words, that which you are Creating.
Do you look at a person, and concentrate to a greater or lesser extent, upon the things that you dislike about them and wish would change, or the qualities that you like and admire in them?

Remember that all thought, word, and deed, is Creative.

You get back exactly what you send out.

So, when you send out the thought "Why is she so hard to live with? Why is he always behaving like this?

Ask yourself, what exactly are you doing?

Now focus here, as this is so obvious, you could miss it. And in fact, most do.

Take away the "question" from your sentence, and essentially, you are saying:

"She is so hard to live with". "He is always behaving like this".

Do you see what you are doing?

Remember, All thought is creative..

He isn't creating anything. He is observing and recognizing the reality of the situation. Too many people like to believe that they can change others. The only person you have any control over is yourself and you don't have very much of that.

TS, you sound like a paranoid, miserable fuck. Hopefully you don't shoot up a public place in the future

Good lord of mercy, that's so not me.

I'm paranoid about being hurt because of my actions, I've worked through that much... but I love my girlfriend and we've hurt each other. It's affecting my day to day life because I'm torn between my emotions... I guess I just am looking for some clarity on self improvement. I've done some questionable things, but overall I'm coming to terms with my behavior and trying to address it like a man. Forgiveness starts with addressing yourself first.

Wow this thread got off topic.

Anyways, back to what I was talking about in the OP and how it correlates to my story in the previous post.

All in all I'm coming to terms with forgiveness, love, and looking to the future, and I'm trying to wonder if it's my view on society that's projecting or if other's see the same.

I'm at a bit of a rough place now, so that's why I ask. I guess what the replies in this thread have taught me is that it could all be in my head. It stems from being hurt from someone I loved, which in turn was amplified by my behavior that I never accounted for.

I'll work on it... I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Last edited:
TS, I think maybe you're starting to realize there really is no deeper meaning to life and you're becoming more conscious of what was previously mindless action.

You may be interested in Slavoj

You're killing it with these posts.... I'm gonna shoot you a friend request, I really value your outlook and opinion on things... the world needs more of that.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I read your whole post and have to say, the fact that you're able to be introspective about it, to actually go back and analyze things, and perhaps admit areas where you've been at fault, is actually critical to your progression (evolution, even) as a human being. There are many people your age who don't even attempt to sort out who they are as an individual, or strive to better themselves on a personal level (which, again, is fine; they also cannot fail to accomplish that which they've come here to do). So the fact that you're asking questions and at least attempting to make progress is really phenomenal.

As far your romantic endeavors go, I'm rather reminded of the law of Karma, which many people misinterpret or have a distorted understanding of, but which simply says that Karma cannot be 'overcome', it must be 'worked off'. In other words, if you've hurt someone, be it physically, emotionally, or however else, you will have to, at some future point, experience what that felt like for them. The Law of Karmic Effect is not a 'punishment', it is a tool of learning, which is set in place to promote personal growth and development. If you have to feel the consequences of your actions, there is a higher likelihood of your choosing a different course, the next time around. It is also important to hold in mind that it works both ways. Seek therefore to ensure that the effect of your presence upon those 'others' whom you encounter upon your journey, are positive and beneficial.

images

Lol this.

I smoke some weed, so maybe I can't talk... but I don't take meds like that, no way no how. That's a recipe for disaster, I may be pessimistic but I'd never go on a shooting spree or have radical ups and downs and horrible marriages (behind closed doors) like some people I see in their 30s and 40s.

Maybe I'm whining but it just feels lonely in general sometimes, I have a girlfriend and friends and everything, but sometimes looking at others it doesn't even look like they have a genuine understanding of love and compassion. Not saying I fully do, but I guess I put others before myself more than they seem to for me. It seems reoccurring and I wonder if this is just the way things are gonna be in society... 'every man for himself'. Maybe I need to start getting on this shit? Or maybe I'm a weak guy and need to change?

I don't know, I'm at a point in my relationship now where she wants to get married (I'm only 21)... I guess I've been chewing over morality, intention, what 'success' means in life, and what men and women want. It just seems gloomy... so I listen to Keef and Durk, smoke dank, and train MMA haha. Don't worry I have a good paying job as well....

My story, I know this isn't a personal blog, but this is how I'm viewing the world now. I guess it would just be a little more reassuring to know I'm not alone and hear shit from other people with the same interests. Maybe older dudes can chime in, did you go through this phase?

You not alone bro

Thanks, I appreciate that. I read your whole post and have to say, the fact that you're able to be introspective about it, to actually go back and analyze things, and perhaps admit areas where you've been at fault, is actually critical to your progression (evolution, even) as a human being. There are many people your age who don't even attempt to sort out who they are as an individual, or strive to better themselves on a personal level (which, again, is fine; they also cannot fail to accomplish that which they've come here to do). So the fact that you're asking questions and at least attempting to make progress is really phenomenal.

As far your romantic endeavors go, I'm rather reminded of the law of Karma, which many people misinterpret or have a distorted understanding of, but which simply says that Karma cannot be 'overcome', it must be 'worked off'. In other words, if you've hurt someone, be it physically, emotionally, or however else, you will have to, at some future point, experience what that felt like for them. The Law of Karmic Effect is not a 'punishment', it is a tool of learning, which is set in place to promote personal growth and development. If you have to feel the consequences of your actions, there is a higher likelihood of your choosing a different course, the next time around. It is also important to hold in mind that it works both ways. Seek therefore to ensure that the effect of your presence upon those 'others' whom you encounter upon your journey, are positive and beneficial.

Will do brother. It's weird, reading that advice and then re-reading what I wrote out, I feel so much more at peace. Thank you.

For the bolded though... what does that say about MMA? :wink:

I feel sites like Facebook and Instagram in particular (not really familiar with pinterest or twitter) are a medium for many (though not all) people to portray the best of themselves. Instead of the outside world looking through "rose colored glasses", these medium's are their own sort of rose colored lens in and of themselves. Even the most mundane things are sensationalized through various filters and angles, so that people can both memorialize their own trivial pursuits and exude images representing the "good life."

To be fair, I don't see it as all negative, but I think it's important to recognize these things for what they are.

Yes, but this is nothing new as its been going on for well over 50 years.

I just turned 24 and I get what you are saying, but this is not quite true there are only some people who do this, some who don't, the world is made of all type of colors and there is always harmony in nature; the question you should ask your self - which type of color are you and in which color do you want to see the world. change the color and the world changes around you

21 is a time were you start learning what live is really about, you will feel older and it can get scary at times but this is a great way to learn more about your self, who you are, who you want to become...

Fake it til you make it.

Facebook and social media "fake happiness" can be nauseating sometimes, but that's one thing. Sometimes faking happiness can be a noble thing in a way, especially in the workplace, or socially. People are sometimes putting on a happy front in effort to bring energy to a situation, and not to suck energy out of the situation. That's being a "good neighbor", imo.

Everyone knows a few people who just suck the life out of everything, and it's so draining to try and offset their constant negativity; and on the other hand most of you probably know someone who always brings good vibes to a situation, and gives everyone around them energy.

yeah, man, there's definitely fake happiness everywhere.

i live in the U.S., and i assume it's worse here.

but just go around and ask people at work if they like their job. i'm pretty sure over 95% of people hate their jobs. and you'll see them say some bs about liking their job.

at least in westernized countries, there's a big push to think positive. i used to work at a school when i was younger. i remember one of the teachers saying crap to the kids about how, "are we all smiling and feeling happy today?" or some shit like that. it's basically like saying, "kids, put on your fake, happy face now."

i think 99.9% of people are fundamentally unhappy. i know that i'm probably gonna get flak for that comment, but people are waiting for something in the future to bring them happiness. the people who claim that they are happy now are either just in a temporary good stretch or just bs'ing themselves.

why do we live in a materialistic society? because we are materialistic people. the people who are truly happy, in my opinion, have a spiritual sense of fulfillment. they aren't happy because they have a good relationship, a good job, a good family, achieved all these things, etc. this is the mark of temporary happiness from material things & people.

anyways, i'm coming at this from kind of a present moment/eastern spirituality perspective.

and yes, there is a big push to get married. wanna look like a freak? then tell people you don't believe in marriage.

Last edited:
Back