1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Does anyone see 'fake' happiness?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TalkinNoise, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TalkinNoise Green Belt

This is why I post here. I really think that posting (when not trolling haha) can be helpful and a great meeting of minds. I appreciate everyone's opinion, even if I don't agree with it... thank you for helping me work through my mind even if the thread got sidetracked.

I'll pay it forward and try to give my intake in other threads too.

2. irc Brown Belt

You sound happy.

:wink:

3. Stringer Bell Thread Finisher

TS, you sound like a paranoid, miserable fuck. Hopefully you don't shoot up a public place in the future

4. ralphc1 Titanium Belt Platinum Member

He isn't creating anything. He is observing and recognizing the reality of the situation. Too many people like to believe that they can change others. The only person you have any control over is yourself and you don't have very much of that.

5. TalkinNoise Green Belt

Good lord of mercy, that's so not me.

I'm paranoid about being hurt because of my actions, I've worked through that much... but I love my girlfriend and we've hurt each other. It's affecting my day to day life because I'm torn between my emotions... I guess I just am looking for some clarity on self improvement. I've done some questionable things, but overall I'm coming to terms with my behavior and trying to address it like a man. Forgiveness starts with addressing yourself first.

6. TalkinNoise Green Belt

Wow this thread got off topic.

Anyways, back to what I was talking about in the OP and how it correlates to my story in the previous post.

All in all I'm coming to terms with forgiveness, love, and looking to the future, and I'm trying to wonder if it's my view on society that's projecting or if other's see the same.

I'm at a bit of a rough place now, so that's why I ask. I guess what the replies in this thread have taught me is that it could all be in my head. It stems from being hurt from someone I loved, which in turn was amplified by my behavior that I never accounted for.

I'll work on it... I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. Butterbean Blue Belt

TS, I think maybe you're starting to realize there really is no deeper meaning to life and you're becoming more conscious of what was previously mindless action.

You may be interested in Slavoj

8. TeTe yeah, she squats Staff Member Senior Moderator

Happier than Happy Boy... shit... happier than pharell

9. ExquisitExamplE Banned Banned

Thanks, I appreciate that. I read your whole post and have to say, the fact that you're able to be introspective about it, to actually go back and analyze things, and perhaps admit areas where you've been at fault, is actually critical to your progression (evolution, even) as a human being. There are many people your age who don't even attempt to sort out who they are as an individual, or strive to better themselves on a personal level (which, again, is fine; they also cannot fail to accomplish that which they've come here to do). So the fact that you're asking questions and at least attempting to make progress is really phenomenal.

As far your romantic endeavors go, I'm rather reminded of the law of Karma, which many people misinterpret or have a distorted understanding of, but which simply says that Karma cannot be 'overcome', it must be 'worked off'. In other words, if you've hurt someone, be it physically, emotionally, or however else, you will have to, at some future point, experience what that felt like for them. The Law of Karmic Effect is not a 'punishment', it is a tool of learning, which is set in place to promote personal growth and development. If you have to feel the consequences of your actions, there is a higher likelihood of your choosing a different course, the next time around. It is also important to hold in mind that it works both ways. Seek therefore to ensure that the effect of your presence upon those 'others' whom you encounter upon your journey, are positive and beneficial.

10. NHB7 Steel Belt

11. Shayo Banned Banned

You not alone bro

12. TalkinNoise Green Belt

Will do brother. It's weird, reading that advice and then re-reading what I wrote out, I feel so much more at peace. Thank you.

For the bolded though... what does that say about MMA? :wink:

13. Fallen Brown Belt

I feel sites like Facebook and Instagram in particular (not really familiar with pinterest or twitter) are a medium for many (though not all) people to portray the best of themselves. Instead of the outside world looking through "rose colored glasses", these medium's are their own sort of rose colored lens in and of themselves. Even the most mundane things are sensationalized through various filters and angles, so that people can both memorialize their own trivial pursuits and exude images representing the "good life."

To be fair, I don't see it as all negative, but I think it's important to recognize these things for what they are.

14. Viva TOZ Operator

Yes, but this is nothing new as its been going on for well over 50 years.

15. BulldogWrestler Banned Banned

LMAO I see this shit all the time too and it always cracks me up

16. ExquisitExamplE Banned Banned

You're welcome, I'm glad to help.

I dunno, I guess you'd have to ask Anderson... I'm sure he'd have a snappy answer ;D

17. zgames Blue Belt

double post

18. zgames Blue Belt

I just turned 24 and I get what you are saying, but this is not quite true there are only some people who do this, some who don't, the world is made of all type of colors and there is always harmony in nature; the question you should ask your self - which type of color are you and in which color do you want to see the world. change the color and the world changes around you

21 is a time were you start learning what live is really about, you will feel older and it can get scary at times but this is a great way to learn more about your self, who you are, who you want to become...

19. saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

Fake it til you make it.

Facebook and social media "fake happiness" can be nauseating sometimes, but that's one thing. Sometimes faking happiness can be a noble thing in a way, especially in the workplace, or socially. People are sometimes putting on a happy front in effort to bring energy to a situation, and not to suck energy out of the situation. That's being a "good neighbor", imo.

Everyone knows a few people who just suck the life out of everything, and it's so draining to try and offset their constant negativity; and on the other hand most of you probably know someone who always brings good vibes to a situation, and gives everyone around them energy.

20. Submission Machine Orange Belt

yeah, man, there's definitely fake happiness everywhere.

i live in the U.S., and i assume it's worse here.

but just go around and ask people at work if they like their job. i'm pretty sure over 95% of people hate their jobs. and you'll see them say some bs about liking their job.

at least in westernized countries, there's a big push to think positive. i used to work at a school when i was younger. i remember one of the teachers saying crap to the kids about how, "are we all smiling and feeling happy today?" or some shit like that. it's basically like saying, "kids, put on your fake, happy face now."

i think 99.9% of people are fundamentally unhappy. i know that i'm probably gonna get flak for that comment, but people are waiting for something in the future to bring them happiness. the people who claim that they are happy now are either just in a temporary good stretch or just bs'ing themselves.

why do we live in a materialistic society? because we are materialistic people. the people who are truly happy, in my opinion, have a spiritual sense of fulfillment. they aren't happy because they have a good relationship, a good job, a good family, achieved all these things, etc. this is the mark of temporary happiness from material things & people.

anyways, i'm coming at this from kind of a present moment/eastern spirituality perspective.

and yes, there is a big push to get married. wanna look like a freak? then tell people you don't believe in marriage.