does anyone else hate the winter

It was 39 Degrees in Orange County, CA last night. That is pretty dam cold for this area near the beach. I'm a strong believer that the Earth's weather patterns are changing for some reason either due to man made Global Warming or the Eartj's natural cycle. All i know is the seasons are all out of wack now.

I live in the northeast. As a kid and into my early adulthood I didn't mind the winters. Now at 45 i'm beginning to hate them. The cold, snowy icey weather make me feel depressed and I cant wait for the summer. Does anyone else feel this way.

The depression is linked to lack of sunshine.

yea, I know what you mean. two years ago I had a very bad 30 days on January and was deeply depressed.

sorry man, I know how you feel. I also wish I lived in South Florida.

-11 deg F windchill where I'm at. And having a natural liking of being outdoors, I'm not a big fan of Winter.

I despise cold weather. It makes me lazy, depressed, and unmotivated.

Cold weather is great for cuddling. Snow is annoying as hell though.

It was 39 Degrees in Orange County, CA last night. That is pretty dam cold for this area near the beach. I'm a strong believer that the Earth's weather patterns are changing for some reason either due to man made Global Warming or the Eartj's natural cycle. All i know is the seasons are all out of wack now.

I feel Australian Summers are lacking the bite they once had and the winters or the cooler weather is lasting longer.

I hated winter (in CT) for a while then started skiing. Now it's bearable. Sounds cliche but the snow is pretty where I live at. Out by UCONN for those in the know.

Where i live we have like 2 months of nice weather, other then thats it's either a harsh winter (Eastern Europe style) or raining or something. So im used to it. Waking up hour earlier than usual to make a path, a tunnel in the snow just so i can get out of my yard.

At this point, I just embrace it. I focus more on lifting, cooking, and playing music. It's a pretty big day to day lifestyle change for me since I'm outside almost all of the time when it's nice out. The toughest part is the kids being stuck inside.

Fuck the coldest I've ever experienced is about -10° F windchill and that's extremely unusual.

In the summer here you can't walk your dogs on pavement because it will severely burn their paws. Like animal cruelty level burn. West Texas is not as bad because it's so dry. Out here it will be like 108° with 10 million% humidity.

the hottest i've ever experienced was in the south of spain in 03', when it reached 120 degrees. if you kept your hand onto the pavement for more than three seconds, you'd get at least a first, if not second-degree burn. i remember drinking more than two gallons of water, and not pissing once.

it's like 50 degrees here in the san francisco bay area, and everyone is bitching and complaining lol. this thread is humbling to say the least.

I remember times when I was a kid delivering papers and it would be so cold that ice crystals would be forming on my eyelashes and if I closed my eyes for too long my eyelashes would freeze together. Good times.

not to get too morbid in this thread, but that reminded me of stories i had read about the nazis invading russia. it became so cold for them, that the ears of their soldiers would literally fall off. the no longer had eyelashes, and they would tie a cloth around their heads so they wouldn't lose their ears. they also lost their privates.

Back