does anyone else hate the winter

I'll spend a winter in Saskatchewan if you spend a summer in East Texas.
I'd literally have to hit up a tanning salon for a month before coming to Texas for a summer, I'm as white as sour cream, however not having to shovel snow or worry about my car battery dying from the cold might be a worth while trade.

love cold weather but fucking hate the snow.

I'd literally have to hit up a tanning salon for a month before coming to Texas for a summer, I'm as white as sour cream, however not having to shovel snow or worry about my car battery dying from the cold might be a worth while trade.

It's fucked up. People that work outside or don't have A/C drop dead every year. I'd love to experience a Canadian winter. I've seen probably a grand total of 5 feet of snow in my entire life.

Edit: last year I set out raccoon traps because coons kept getting in our trash. One day I found a possum in one at about 3pm dead.

We're colder then Labrador but my god when they get snow they get SNOW, I saw some pics on the news a few years back where people had damn near 6 foot tunnels built from their house to garage.

I spent some time in Makkovik.

r1hg88.jpg

We landed on the bay in a Twin Otter, and the day we were supposed to leave they got twenty inches of snow. It was like snowballs from heaven. We were stuck there an extra week.

It's fucked up. People that work outside or don't have A/C drop dead every year. I'd love to experience a Canadian winter. I've seen probably a grand total of 5 feet of snow in my entire life.
It's not the snow that is the problem because when it's snows it's decently warm out it's the -45 windchill that will kill you, it's the reason we have an incredibly low homeless population, if your homeless here in winter you will die .

Currently -37 with the wind chill.

-34F

=/.

It's not the snow that is the problem because when it's snows it's decently warm out it's the -45 windchill that will kill you, it's the reason we have an incredibly low homeless population, if your homeless here in winter you will die .

The coldest ever recorded in the province was −56.7 degrees Celsius in Prince Albert, which is north of Saskatoon.

Screw.

That.

Fuck the coldest I've ever experienced is about -10° F windchill and that's extremely unusual.

In the summer here you can't walk your dogs on pavement because it will severely burn their paws. Like animal cruelty level burn. West Texas is not as bad because it's so dry. Out here it will be like 108° with 10 million% humidity.

Fuck the coldest I've ever experienced is about -10° F windchill and that's extremely unusual.

In the summer here you can't walk your dogs on pavement because it will severely burn their paws. Like animal cruelty level burn. West Texas is not as bad because it's so dry. Out here it will be like 108° with 10 million% humidity.

Ugh, I can handle a high temp, as long as it's dry.

Fuck humidity.

Ugh, I can handle a high temp, as long as it's dry.

Fuck humidity.

Good lord. Where's my boy @Cint? I've never been to New Orleans but we live in the same general geographic region. I'm sure he can back me up on how shitty summer is.

I was a paperboy in Saskatchewan when I was a kid for about 6 years. Delivering papers every morning at -40 was hell but it sure conditioned me to handle the cold well.

Yes...YES!!!!

I hate the fuckin' winter. I've had to shovel my driveway six times already. The snow banks are crazy, and a public safety hazard. How am I supposed see little Johnny walking to school, when I have six feet of snow in my face. He's gonna get killed, or at least maimed one of these days. His last memory will be the Cadillac emblem barring down on him. All because of winter. Fuck winter.

The coldest ever recorded in the province was −56.7 degrees Celsius in Prince Albert, which is north of Saskatoon.

Screw.

That.

I remember times when I was a kid delivering papers and it would be so cold that ice crystals would be forming on my eyelashes and if I closed my eyes for too long my eyelashes would freeze together. Good times.

I remember times when I was a kid delivering papers and it would be so cold that ice crystals would be forming on my eyelashes and if I closed my eyes for too long my eyelashes would freeze together. Good times.

I have a lot of experience with -30 but none with -40.

I read somewhere that at -50 spit freezes before it can hit the ground, with a loud SNAP sound. Or maybe that was -75. Not sure where you'd find -75.

I view it just the same as summer. It has its pros and cons. On one hand, if you work an outdoor job, it sucks. On the other hand, if you live in the right area, you get to enjoy fun in the snow. And there's also not sweating balls all day.

It's so cold in southern California right now man

<33>

I was a paperboy in Saskatchewan when I was a kid for about 6 years. Delivering papers every morning at -40 was hell but it sure conditioned me to handle the cold well.
I was part of the leader post army myself

Back