Does anybody remember the Ice Cube/ Cypress Hill beef in the mid 90's? it almost got REAL serious

i don't remember that, but i remember this!

Last edited by a moderator:

tenor.gif

Lol no one in Cypress Hill is Mexican, not sure I buy the part about the Mexican Mafia.

Fyi the dude that took Cube's chain is the voice actor for Franklin in GTA V. He was a friend of Kam who had a falling out with Cube at the time.

Lol no one in Cypress Hill is Mexican, not sure I buy the part about the Mexican Mafia.

Fyi the dude that took Cube's chain is the voice actor for Franklin in GTA V. He was a friend of Kam who had a falling out with Cube at the time.

Cube said it was a white boy and 2 cubans, or something like that. But about the mexican mafia, B Real said it was basically all the latinos coming together, so idk if it mattered they weren't mexican. But I'm speculating here. The mexican mafia thing might've been BS. Who knows

Interesting video. That commentator’s voice made it feel like an unsolved mysteries rap spin off.

50 Cent vs The Game was the last real beef in rap. Someone actually got killed and another got shot.

Interesting video. That commentator’s voice made it feel like an unsolved mysteries rap spin off.

i think that was ving rhames narrating.

edit: no that's not ving rhames, he did the narration on Beef 2. I think the narrator on this one is Keith David (black dude from The Thing).

Last edited:
50 Cent vs The Game was the last real beef in rap. Someone actually got killed and another got shot.

Yeah they had a segment on that in that Beef movie. I just could never get into 50 or The Game, so I didn't care much about it like I did the old school rap guys

B-Real father is mexican, he is chicano and technicaly has the mexican nationality.

Yah, this would have turned real bad for Cube's side. Cypress Hill were no G's but the eses, cholos in California were definitely down to roll with them. Cube and Mack 10 folded real quick when the Mexican Mafia were snooping and getting involved. Mind you this was during the time when 18th St were running LA and you got the Avenue's killing blacks for fun. And yah it was the Mongols not the Mongrels MC lolz that were also down to ride on the Hill side. It wouldve been nasty on Cube's and his crew thats forsure.
Maybe if Cube really was about that life shit would've gotten crazy. Weird part is, I saw that whole movie the clip is from, and they said WC (who actually was from NHC) stayed out of it because he was cool with Cypress Hill.

Pretty sure I heard B Real's brother(s) was/were sureños or something, so maybe that was part of why all of those gangs were ready to take it there (this is largely news to me, though... I thought maybe it was just one or two gangs who wanted to get involved)

I’m gonna go a bit off topic here but the real last gangsta rapper imo was Shyne. His first and second albums were nasty. Then he went to prison for ten years for the J lo club shooting and then got deported afterwards. When keeping it real goes wrong.

I’m gonna go a bit off topic here but the real last gangsta rapper imo was Shyne. His first and second albums were nasty. Then he went to prison for ten years for the J lo club shooting and then got deported afterwards. When keeping it real goes wrong.

never heard of him

never heard of him

He was signed to Bad Boy around 99-00 and his first album was a huge hit. Puffy was also there at the club shooting and they had a falling out irc afterwards. His second album dropped while he was in prison and he wasn't apart of Bad Boy so it didn't get pushed like his first album. I'll post some of my favorite songs of his below.

I still bang both of those albums even though they came out over a decade ago. Dude was real as fuck. On his second album he dissed 50 that was recorded over the phone in prison.

I remember it and

Wolf tickets.

I'm now 50 mins deep into Beef III and I'm so glad TI buried Lil Flip. Lil Flip, legit stole Biggie's chorus to "Whats beef?" I blame you @Agent Mulder's Hair for the time I'm currently wasting lol.

Edit: Turns out they squashed the beef... But Lil Flip is still a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Last edited:
Who can forget it, dangerous times to be walking the streets

Sawed off shotgun, hand on the pump. Left hand on a forty, puffin' on a blunt.

Did that end before or after Gucci Mane and Young Jeezy beef, I can't remember.

Back