Does anybody else miss Mike Goldberg screwing up during big moments in UFC fights?

You know Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of Forrest Griffin.

If I could hear Goldie plugging Corn Nuts as "the official corn snack of the UFC" one more time, my life would be complete.
It was the only snack with enough nuts to be on the octagon

Literally just types that phrase into YouTube and posted the 1st thing that came up lol but there’s my answer

He had character. Anik blows.

Nothing will ever beat the Hughes brothers pounding eachother behind the barn.

There were a few times when he enthusiastically proclaimed “it is alllllll overrr!”, but the fight kept going. I wish I could remember which fights they were. Feel free to chime in if anyone remembers.

I used to listen to commentary when it was Goldie and Hogan... just for the atmosphere , but since they dropped Goldie shit is perma muted <5>

I miss Goldie. I hear the bi polar rockNrolla wanted the job but he was already in talks with the WWE and the UFC never offered an official contract

I’m a huge Goldie fan and would love him back for the nostalgic value but in all fairness, some of the biggest moments this year would have been, not sure of the word but “undermined”? By Goldies commentary. Imagine if after the Masvidal Askren KO the first thing you hear is “just like that!” It would have taken away from the true visceral nature of what happened imo. I loved him while he was here, but I think we’ve moved on now. Events feel more serious

He was the Michael Jordan of fuck ups, but his precision was insanely precise when it mattered. His ability to crack me up and provide charismatic colour commentary were virtually identical.

Still, I missed the guy after he was turfed. Anik and Cruz have zero charisma, which is why they needed DC to fill Goldie's gap. And smell his opening.

"When you watch Sokodjou you just want to sit there and, uh, SOAK it in"

Tbh the stuff we remember was like 1% of his commentary, most of it was generic and a not insignificant part of it just annoying like his tendency to ramble on pointless anecdotes about a fighter's life or cite useless statistics. Grass is always greener etc

Plenty of commentators still fuck up but none better than goldie. Theres no fun in cruz saying that conor getting mushed into paste is him trying to gas khabib out because cruz' pipsqueak voice doesn't have the impact goldies does ;_;

I’m a huge Goldie fan and would love him back for the nostalgic value but in all fairness, some of the biggest moments this year would have been, not sure of the word but “undermined”? By Goldies commentary. Imagine if after the Masvidal Askren KO the first thing you hear is “just like that!” It would have taken away from the true visceral nature of what happened imo. I loved him while he was here, but I think we’ve moved on now. Events feel more serious

Ahh. I came I to say that I would love to have him back, but when you put it like that...I just don't. If Mas got that KO and he spouted off with a generic line, my head would probably explode.

They do feel more serious, and they're better because of it. I guess I just don't think Rogan has found the yin to his yang with any of his pairings since Goldberg, and that takes away something for me.

Back