Does anybody else consider Rocky IV one of the greatest movies of all time?

It's nothing more than exploitation, mang. Corman could've directed that film. Like I said, it is entertaining, but it isn't a good film. The Cold War propaganda in it is just outrageous.

It's one of my favorite parts of the film.

I love Rocky 4. I appreciate it for what it is and nothing more.

It was my favorite Rocky growing up, but as an adult I have to say it's the worst of the first four probably. I love it, as a stand alone movie in the franchise, it's probably my second favorite, but it's incredibly corny and over the top. It's basically the complete opposite in tone from the first movie.

This. It might be the third best movie of the franchise depending on how someone judges Rocky III. No way it's on par with the first 2.

I love movies from the 80'-90' with the popular action starts of that time. So yeah, it's definitely up there for me.

Too bad they never made an offshoot movie with Clubber Lang vs. Drago.

I'd have to go with Drago even though I'd be pulling for Clubber.

drago is better than thunderlips? i think not, 3 is the best.

It's like Top Gun.

An unintentional comedy classic.

Loved it. My favorite Rocky is still 3 though. The only one I didn't like was 5

Absolutely! While it's no Godfather, it is a fantastic action flick with some KILLER montages. It truely is amazing! Easily the most enjoyable Rocky film.

Drago was the best Rocky villain ever. He would have laid waste to any other character in the entire franchise, including Thunderlips.

Last edited:
Rocky III montage is my favorite

[YT]s28vNyjOlbc[/YT]

For me, I would rank the films as such:

Rocky IV - 10/10
Rocky II - 10/10
Rocky - 10/10
Rocky III - 10/10
Rocky Balboa - 10/10

Rocky V - 3/10

If it wasn't for V, the series would be damn near perfect.

For me, I would rank the films as such:

Rocky IV - 10/10
Rocky II - 10/10
Rocky - 10/10
Rocky III - 10/10
Rocky Balboa - 10/10

Rocky V - 3/10

If it wasn't for V, the series would be damn near perfect.

This guy > Roger Ebert.

Rocky was a true work of art, then every film after that although fun was pretty much just a cash grab.

Brilliant film, and one of the best soundtracks eva

Reminds me of being younger and I had a VHS tape with rocky 4 followed by terminator 2. Good times

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T don't have shit on an American Underdog beating a Russian during the Cold War era. Sorry Pal.

For you maybe. 9 people out of 10 however go straight to eye of the tiger. A lot of them have not even seen the original Rocky or any movie BUT Mr T's. A lot of people think the Eye of the Tiger is the actual Rocky theme for god's sakes.

The 3rd movie is the one everyone thinks of

Well no I guess, but my love for that movie is bigger than a dead beached whale. And it has the greatest training montage of all time.

Its 80s to the max, I love it but I first saw it when I was around 8-10 years old.

I imagine seeing it with fresh eyes as an adult my opinion would probably change though.

Back