Does a Brock win only proves that size > skill or will you give him credit as a martial artist?

I'm torn on this one. I'm of the mind that Brock has been gifted title shots because he is a draw and has used his size and strength to great advantage to accomplish a lot in a short period of time with very little experience.
He is NOT a great martial artist. He is NOT a great fighter. But i do give him respect for what he has done.
On the flip side, DC is the exact opposite. He has earned every step of everything in his career and accomplished more than almost anyone else. He is a legit GOAT mention.
If Brock pulls it off i think it will add some legitimacy to his career but it wont gain him that level of respect just more respect.

How will the outcome of this match be seen by the fans in case brock wins?

I mean, DC is the champ-champ, being considered lately by many in GOAT conversations, who is actually known for being the smaller guy fighting amongst heavyweights. So, in terms of skill you would expect him to obliterate big ole brock on paper...

However, i dont think DC has ever fought someone like brock sizewise. And besides Randy, i think DC might be the smallest opponent brock ever fought.
I see this size difference being a major factor for this one.

If brock wins by straight overpowering and outsizing of DC i think it will look a bit silly.
Or, in other words, if that happens, im not expecting Brock to start showing up in HW GOAT discussions or whatever.

Or should he? What yall think?

This fight honestly isn't going to be competitive. DC is going to run through Brock just like Cain did

Dc in peime and prime roid brock..dc wins. Both out of prime..byork lazer wins.

Maybe it would prove the argument to an extent but people forget that Brock is fast, extremely strong and a former national champion at wrestling in college so it isn't like he's just some untrained brute.

Yeah, Randy was so clean.. Lesnar beat Hunt in 2016 and had it been pre-USADA like when Randy was rocking TRT, it would be the exact same.... lol "The Natural".... Riiiiight

This has nothing to do with Couture.......but since you mentioned him, please provide the instances where he failed a drug test. Or is it simply speculation? Facts are facts and Brock hasn’t won an MMA fight in 8 years. If if the win against Hunt stood, he would still be 1-2 in the last 8 years.......and those 2 loses were by TKO.

Brock wasn't good just because of his size. The guy is a freak athlete. Has crazy speed for that size and good power. His chin isn't even bad like people like to say, he just has terrible defense. His size will mean very little when DC has the much more important attributes (skill and technique).

This has nothing to do with Couture.......but since you mentioned him, please provide the instances where he failed a drug test. Or is it simply speculation? Facts are facts and Brock hasn’t won an MMA fight in 8 years. If if the win against Hunt stood, he would still be 1-2 in the last 8 years.......and those 2 loses were by TKO.
I am not justifying Brock's title defense. It's purely because of the money he'll bring.

I don't think Randy's case is any different. His last fight was a weight class below in which he got KTFO. He came back from getting KTFO by a LHW and got an instant titleshot at HW.

He was on TRT. He in a roundabout way admitted to it but said he did it "naturally". lol sure he did. He also opted to retire right before they banned TRT. No doubt it my mind he was on TRT.

If Brock can't figure out how to use a 7 inch reach advantage in the standup, he is toast. I think that Brock will paint his arm black, go for the eyes, and give D.C. flashbacks of Bones. He will take his warning for the eye poke, but it will change the fight.

Gotta have power to land a huge shot, doncha?
brock-lesnar_heath-herring.gif

Like I said, Brock has never shown one-shot, KO power but you never know if he happens to land just right he could. He landed a good shot there and still it didn't look like it hurt Herring that bad. Brock won like he always wins, via wrestling and ground and pound.

I am not justifying Brock's title defense. It's purely because of the money he'll bring.

I don't think Randy's case is any different. His last fight was a weight class below in which he got KTFO. He came back from getting KTFO by a LHW and got an instant titleshot at HW.

He was on TRT. He in a roundabout way admitted to it but said he did it "naturally". lol sure he did. He also opted to retire right before they banned TRT. No doubt it my mind he was on TRT.

I guess for me, I give Randy a “pass” over Brock because I view Randy as a true MMA guy and I view Brock as, well.....not a true MMA guy. Randy was active and not taking years long layoffs in between.

It would’ve been nice to see Brock stay active in MMA and have 20+ fights instead of 9. I can’t blame the guy for following the money though. That’s exactly what I would do for my family.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock pull off the upset, but has no chance.

How will the outcome of this match be seen by the fans in case brock wins?

I mean, DC is the champ-champ, being considered lately by many in GOAT conversations, who is actually known for being the smaller guy fighting amongst heavyweights. So, in terms of skill you would expect him to obliterate big ole brock on paper...

However, i dont think DC has ever fought someone like brock sizewise. And besides Randy, i think DC might be the smallest opponent brock ever fought.
I see this size difference being a major factor for this one.

If brock wins by straight overpowering and outsizing of DC i think it will look a bit silly.
Or, in other words, if that happens, im not expecting Brock to start showing up in HW GOAT discussions or whatever.

Or should he? What yall think?
God gave lesnar the body of a black man

Shertarded Brock haters would never give Brock credit for ANYTHING. They exaggerate to the extreme his flaws and overlook his strengths and accomplishments. I severely doubt he will beat DC, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. If he does win it will just show that he has always been a force to be reckoned with, and as crazy as it may sound, it would all but guarantee him a spot in the UFC HOF believe it or not.

No, people thought Stipe's size was gonna be a big factor, and I understand Brock is bigger; but still look at what DC was able to do.

Did they? Cormier came in heavier than Stipe, if memory serves...

It's hard for me to see Brock winning against DC.
DC is a superior Wrestler and Martial artist that has made a living at making HW look stupid.
If he didn't have respect for Cain he " could " have been the Greatest HW champ ever. The potential and the pace was there.
Brock had a major problem with Cains quickness and agility. Facing DC will be no different.

Brock has a punchers chance. I don't see im using a full set of tools to beat DC or just relying on his size and speed.

Like I said, Brock has never shown one-shot, KO power but you never know if he happens to land just right he could. He landed a good shot there and still it didn't look like it hurt Herring that bad. Brock won like he always wins, via wrestling and ground and pound.

He broke Heath’s orbital bone. I don’t think he has one-shot KO technique, but the power is there. Should be a very entertaining fight regardless of how it goes down.

No, people thought Stipe's size was gonna be a big factor, and I understand Brock is bigger; but still look at what DC was able to do.

DC and Stipe were almost the same weight for their fight.

You aren't one of those guys who thinks that height is automatically a winner? Because if so Semmy Schilt would have been the best fighter in Pride.

Brock cut to make 265 and walks around at roughly 300 pounds. Big difference between 245 pounds and 300 pounds of mostly muscle.

That said DC still obliterates brock easily.

All size. Even the wrestlers say he's not great technically, Brock would just muscle through dudes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back