Does a Brock win only proves that size > skill or will you give him credit as a martial artist?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How will the outcome of this match be seen by the fans in case brock wins?

I mean, DC is the champ-champ, being considered lately by many in GOAT conversations, who is actually known for being the smaller guy fighting amongst heavyweights. So, in terms of skill you would expect him to obliterate big ole brock on paper...

However, i dont think DC has ever fought someone like brock sizewise. And besides Randy, i think DC might be the smallest opponent brock ever fought.
I see this size difference being a major factor for this one.

If brock wins by straight overpowering and outsizing of DC i think it will look a bit silly.
Or, in other words, if that happens, im not expecting Brock to start showing up in HW GOAT discussions or whatever.

Or should he? What yall think?

Last edited:
he fought TRT bigfoot. probably similar size. also brock was ufc HW champ before, so he isn't just a freakshow

No, people thought Stipe's size was gonna be a big factor, and I understand Brock is bigger; but still look at what DC was able to do.

I think Bigfoot and Lucas Browne are around that size.

He has definitely never foughth anyone with Bork's physicality though.

If it was size and not physical ability, SHW division would have been the best.

When DC put up his hands close to Brock head and start quickly punching him like he did against Stipe then old Brock will feel that and it will be no matter how big he is then

When you get beyond a certain point size stops really mattering, a 170lbs guy vs a 135lbs guy is a mismatch, but 265lbs vs 230lbs is fair game.

If Brock beats DC he deserves a lot of credit, since it's gonna be near impossible for him

If Brock wins it can only mean DC had a stomach infection from bad chicken wings

He didn’t beat Mir with technique, that was brute strength. He doesn’t have huge power in his punches and he doesn’t like being hit. It’s hard for me to classify Brock as anything but a very powerful wrassler with great hips who’s extremely over hyped and getting the most undeserving title shot in MMA history.

He is a good wrestler, but even there he relied on brute strength

Brock has been training and fighting long enough that if he were to beat DC, he deserves credit as a martial artist/fighter. Physical size alone won't be the determining factor in this fight. As others stated DC has fought guys similar in size. Brock also being a former champ if he were to win, he'd probably go down as one of the all time great HW's as crazy as that is to say

He showed what can be achieved with pure athleticism: UFC Gold & NCAA.

Comparing him to Stipe would be an insult to Brock Lesnar.

He didn’t beat Mir with technique, that was brute strength. He doesn’t have huge power in his punches and he doesn’t like being hit. It’s hard for me to classify Brock as anything but a very powerful wrassler with great hips who’s extremely over hyped and getting the most undeserving title shot in MMA history.
Randy Couture's titleshot against Tim Sylvia was ltierally the exact same situation. Randy was sitting on his ass, doing commentary and hopped off the couch and got a titleshot. He also wasn't even fighting in the HW division when he took a year off then came back to fight Timmeh at HW. Just as undeserving.

When you get beyond a certain point size stops really mattering, a 170lbs guy vs a 135lbs guy is a mismatch, but 265lbs vs 230lbs is fair game.

If Brock beats DC he deserves a lot of credit, since it's gonna be near impossible for him

LOL

3704544.jpg

The face you get after being hit by someone with weak punches...

{<jordan}

He is the best " Freak Show" we have ever have in MMA....

A Brock win would mean that DC fans would complain about steroids (understandably so) and try to downplay how easy they said it would be for DC to win. Jones fans would have a field day.

How will the outcome of this match be seen by the fans in case brock wins?

I mean, DC is the champ-champ, being considered lately by many in GOAT conversations, who is actually known for being the smaller guy fighting amongst heavyweights. So, in terms of skill you would expect him to obliterate big ole brock on paper...

However, i dont think DC has ever fought someone like brock sizewise. And besides Randy, i think DC might be the smallest opponent brock ever fought.
I see this size difference being a major factor for this one.

If brock wins by straight overpowering and outsizing of DC i think it will look a bit silly.
Or, in other words, if that happens, im not expecting Brock to start showing up in HW GOAT discussions or whatever.

Or should he? What yall think?
Isn’t DC around the same weight as Cain? And an even better wrestler as well. We already saw how that went

Back