Does a Brock win only proves that size > skill or will you give him credit as a martial artist?

Size won't be a factor . Randy who came in at 220 vs Brock who was 280 fight night wasn't out muscled and was doing just fine in the clinch. Right of the bat he put Brock against the cage and controlled the clinch and under hooks the whole round and in round 2. Lesnar got him down but Randy reversed every time and got top position.

And that fight was in 2009, 9 years ago when Brock was in his prime. It's 2018 and Brock is not even close to the same fight physically he was back then. Furthermore, DC is a solid 240 and a better wrestler clinch fighter than Randy.

Cormier is gonna go right through Lesnar and win by TKO. Brock has a shot to win and that is by catching him like he did to Randy, otherwise Cormier will dominate.

He gets credit as a martial artist win or lose imo. He held the HW Title and has been competitive at the highest level.

I'm backing Brock in this scrap as well. That and not taking away anything from DC skills and accomplishments. Cormier is very likely to win no doubt, but this is the fight game and Brock has never been a slouch. I will be happy if the fight actually happens and as a fan of both just want it to be good.

There are weight classes for a reason

He didn’t beat Mir with technique, that was brute strength. He doesn’t have huge power in his punches and he doesn’t like being hit. It’s hard for me to classify Brock as anything but a very powerful wrassler with great hips who’s extremely over hyped and getting the most undeserving title shot in MMA history.

Chael Sonnen would like to have a word with you.

That Bock was a lot younger and better even. The guy is near 50, hasn't been competing and just got busted for roids. This Brock may be the first moderately clean Brock that we have ever seen. Already he is bulking down.

Brock is 41. (doesn't equal "near 50")

Where the fuck do you get your info? <Huh2>

I'm torn on this one. I'm of the mind that Brock has been gifted title shots because he is a draw and has used his size and strength to great advantage to accomplish a lot in a short period of time with very little experience.
He is NOT a great martial artist. He is NOT a great fighter. But i do give him respect for what he has done.
On the flip side, DC is the exact opposite. He has earned every step of everything in his career and accomplished more than almost anyone else. He is a legit GOAT mention.
If Brock pulls it off i think it will add some legitimacy to his career but it wont gain him that level of respect just more respect.

Considering that Brock's only goal is not respect but more money(and the belt), I don't think he'd care whether he got more respect or not.

I guess for me, I give Randy a “pass” over Brock because I view Randy as a true MMA guy and I view Brock as, well.....not a true MMA guy. Randy was active and not taking years long layoffs in between.

It would’ve been nice to see Brock stay active in MMA and have 20+ fights instead of 9. I can’t blame the guy for following the money though. That’s exactly what I would do for my family.

You and many others in the MMA world that has zero respect(not like they should have any) for those in the Pro-Wrasslin' world. Brock came into a Legit Fighting organization that was not a Circus(back then) and won a championship there. Despite any misgivings you have on him, one can't help but be impressed that he is the exception to the rule as far as a Make-Believe-Performer guy coming into the Lions Den and doing very well.

Lesnar could defeat DC then Jones to lock in the title, then smash face in rematches against Cain and Reem, before taking on JDS and wrapping it up with Blaydes and Stipe, and... his haters will find an excuse for every opponent, and criticize everything he does, which is what haters do.

I believe Brock gets chopped up then mashed into a canvas stain inside the first, but Brock could always pull off a hail mary...

What's wrong with winning via size?

Nobody ever shits on Shaq for being tall and big. "What if Shaq is only 6'2"? Well he's not, so that point is moot. Brock is who he is. If he wins without breaking the rules he deserves credit. Whether it's a win via skill, size, endurance, cunning is irrelevant.

Lesnar could defeat DC then Jones to lock in the title, then smash face in rematches against Cain and Reem, before taking on JDS and wrapping it up with Blaydes and Stipe, and... his haters will find an excuse for every opponent, and criticize everything he does, which is what haters do.

I believe Brock gets chopped up then mashed into a canvas stain inside the first, but Brock could always pull off a hail mary...

The "hail mary" would be Brock taking down DC and keeping him there while pounding his face in.

Same thing he did with Hunt. Only difference is that I doubt DC's head is made of concrete like Mark's so I doubt DC is able to survive to the end of the round before the Ref calls it. :D

let's put an end to this bullshit narrative that DC is some midget slaying Goliaths

DC was bigger than Stipe who is the UFC HW GOAT

let's put an end to this bullshit narrative that DC is some midget slaying Goliaths

DC was bigger than Stipe who is the UFC HW GOAT

IF by "bigger", you mean "having a bigger waist-line", then you're right.

DC looks more like what Big Country dreamed he could've been. ;)

IF by "bigger", you mean "having a bigger waist-line", then you're right.

DC looks more like what Big Country dreamed he could've been. ;)

DC weighed in heavier than Stipe, therefore DC was objectively bigger than Stipe on fight night.

can't deny facts.

Brock winning every now and then simply means (and proves) what everybody has been saying since the old days of MMA. Wrestling is the best base for MMA. This is a sport when being bigger and having wrestling ability can give you a win against a superior opponent in every other department. Brock doesn’t even have to be that good of a wrestler (he is a very good one) to take people down in MMA, wrestling works different there and his opponents are not as physically strong.

I guess for me, I give Randy a “pass” over Brock because I view Randy as a true MMA guy and I view Brock as, well.....not a true MMA guy. Randy was active and not taking years long layoffs in between.

It would’ve been nice to see Brock stay active in MMA and have 20+ fights instead of 9. I can’t blame the guy for following the money though. That’s exactly what I would do for my family.
I personally think it is amazing he has the wins he has, given the experience in MMA he has. He could have been a true threat to the HW division if he had started training right out of college. He had 100x more money in WWE though than he would have made in the UFC.

Back