dodson/moraga doctor stoppage?

You are taking this all wrong. Moraga could have just said his nose was broken, and the doctor took that as him saying he didn't want to fight anymore. Like when a guy gets poked in the eye, and he tells the doctor or ref he can't see, and they stop the fight taking that as the fighter doesn't want to continue. Doesn't mean he actually said, "I quit".

Moraga could have said a lot of things. All we have to go on is what was heard on the TV broadcast. John even asks his corner if his nose is broken and they say it's just cut.

Other people in this topic saw what I saw, and Moraga said himself he didn't quit. But whatever.

And seemingly more people saw specifically what I saw.

Maybe you are just hard at understanding things, but I questioned the fact that you clearly didn't see the part with the doctor, which you then admitted. I wasn't saying you, or the people who backed up what you said, didn't hear what you heard. Do you not see the difference?

And seemingly more people saw specifically what I saw.

Maybe you are just hard at understanding things, but I questioned the fact that you clearly didn't see the part with the doctor, which you then admitted. I wasn't saying you, or the people who backed up what you said, didn't hear what you heard. Do you not see the difference?

I went back and rewatched that part. I made a post about it a few scrolls up. You basically made up in your mind that the doctor said "He quit' when it's barely audible at all and if anything it just sounds like "it's over"

From what I've seen of Doctors stoppages, unless you're 110% trying to convince everyone you're fine to keep going, they'll stop it.

Moraga could have said a lot of things. All we have to go on is what was heard on the TV broadcast. John even asks his corner if his nose is broken and they say it's just cut.

Wow, lol. But you have no idea what was said to the doctor in that split second to make him then turn around and tell the ref that the fight was over. Why would the doctor stop the fight for a cut on the nose? You are really digging yourself into a hole here.

From what I've seen of Doctors stoppages, unless you're 110% trying to convince everyone you're fine to keep going, they'll stop it.

Exactly. It doesn't mean Moraga actually said, "I quit".

Wow, lol. But you have no idea what was said to the doctor in that split second to make him then turn around and tell the ref that the fight was over. Why would the doctor stop the fight for a cut on the nose? You are really digging yourself into a hole here.

lulz, and neither do you. Maybe nothing was said, and maybe he was checking to see if the bleeding was stopped, and when it wasn't, he waved the fight off.

Idk why they stopped it. Doc kept saying they couldn't stop the bleeding my trainer says they did stop it. Don house said I was fine. Damn

which would completely match up with what Moraga said. But maybe he's lieing his fucking ass off and wanted the fight stopped because of a nose bleed? Doesn't sound like John Moraga to me

I went back and rewatched that part. I made a post about it a few scrolls up. You basically made up in your mind that the doctor said "He quit' when it's barely audible at all and if anything it just sounds like "it's over"

I specifically said I wasn't sure about that part. Even if the doctor says, "it's over", what made him decide that in that split second? That's the part you seem to have trouble understanding. Something happened in that moment. It wasn't just the doctor deciding that Moraga was unable to continue. Something was said to the doctor in that moment when he looked back.

I specifically said I wasn't sure about that part. Even if the doctor says, "it's over", what made him decide that in that split second? That's the part you seem to have trouble understanding. Something happened in that moment. It wasn't just the doctor deciding that Moraga was unable to continue. Something was said to the doctor in that moment when he looked back.

The doctor looked at Moragas nose and the bleeding wasn't stopped to his satisfaction. That's why he made the split second decision.

That's why he said "One Minute" He was giving the cutman all the time to get the cut to stop bleeding, but it didn't happen.

which would completely match up with what Moraga said. But maybe he's lieing his fucking ass off and wanted the fight stopped because of a nose bleed? Doesn't sound like John Moraga to me

Which is less ridiculous than the doctor stopping a fight because of a nose bleed?

Which is less ridiculous than the doctor stopping a fight because of a nose bleed?

The fight was in Albuquerque so I don't think thats out of the realm of possibility.

That's why he said "One Minute" He was giving the cutman all the time to get the cut to stop bleeding, but it didn't happen.

Your posts keep getting more and more ridiculous. So now according to you, the doctor told the ref, "one minute, I'll look at it", took half a second to turn around and look at Moraga, then called it off? He gave the corner a full two or three seconds to stop the bleeding before deciding he had seen enough? Are you related to Moraga or something?

Your posts keep getting more and more ridiculous. So now according to you, the doctor told the ref, "one minute, I'll look at it", took half a second to turn around and look at Moraga, then called it off? He gave the corner a full two or three seconds to stop the bleeding before deciding he had seen enough? Are you related to Moraga or something?

lol, wut? The break in between rounds is a minute I believe, so they had that much time. He gave them a few extra seconds if anything because the nose needed a lot of work.

lol, wut? The break in between rounds is a minute I believe, so they had that much time. He gave them a few extra seconds if anything because the nose needed a lot of work.

Didn't you say the doctor told the ref, "one minute, I'll look at it", right before stopping the fight?

Didn't you say the doctor told the ref, "one minute, I'll look at it", right before stopping the fight?

It was hard to hear, like I said go and download the broadcast so you can listen to it if you haven't already. THe corner exchanges are very clear but the part with the doctor is pretty garbled.

Also, "One minute" can be a figure of speech. It doesn't necessarily mean he was going to wait for a full 60 seconds before checking him.

Nailed it.

You can't see the doctor say he'll keep an eye on it. I think that was the corner. I only saw the doctor shake his head.

This is exactly what happened. The corner kept saying it was just a cut and covering it up. The doctor kept saying he wanted to see it. The corner was clearly trying to cover it. The doctor was clearly implying he was going to stop it if it was broke. When he finally got a clean look at the nose and it was pouring blood even after the corner work, the doctor stopped the fight.

This is exactly what happened. The corner kept saying it was just a cut and covering it up. The doctor kept saying he wanted to see it. The corner was clearly trying to cover it. The doctor was clearly implying he was going to stop it if it was broke. When he finally got a clean look at the nose and it was pouring blood even after the corner work, the doctor stopped the fight.

Yep, doctor got a bit over anxious and decided to stop the fight. Nose was fucked to begin with but he could have fought on. It was a bad cut in a bad place and I don't think the doctor was entirely comfortable sending him out there, one punch to the bridge of the nose and there would have been blood leaking all over.

That's why he was saying "I'll take a look" to the ref because he was going to check the bleeding, not to see if Moraga was interested in fighting.

Anyways, enough CSI miami up in this bitch.

Anyone have a gif of this situation. I missed the fight.

Back