dodson/moraga doctor stoppage?

I heard it too. You're not crazy. I also don't believe that Moraga would just quit like that.

Moraga definitely did not quit. No idea where you're getting this from, you can clearly see and hear them trying to continue the fight.

Since you know everything that was said, what is it that the doctor says to the ref then? He says something to that ref, which looks like he is going to let the fight continue. He looks back at Moraga for a split second, then looks back and say something to the ref, and the fight is over. The doctor didn't look like he was the one who wanted to stop the fight. But since you know every word that was spoken, what did the doctor say?

Go back and listen to it for yourself. I have a feeling you only watched it once. There's a few people in this topic agreeing with me that know whats up, so just go back and rewatch it.

Moraga definitely did not quit. No idea where you're getting this from, you can clearly see and hear them trying to continue the fight.

I'm getting it from the doctor saying, "I'll keep an eye on it", looking at Moraga for a split second, then it looked to me like the doctor said, "he quit". At no point did I see the doctor say, "I'm stopping this fight, he can't continue". If anyone can say they saw the doctor say this, by all means, tell me. The doctor clearly looked like he thought the fight was going to continue.

I thought I heard moragas corner saying its not broken its cut to the doc and moraga, moraga then clearly says no my nose is definitely broken making sure the doc heard it.

He quit. Gave up. Had enough. Bitched out.

Since you know everything that was said, what is it that the doctor says to the ref then? He says something to that ref, which looks like he is going to let the fight continue. He looks back at Moraga for a split second, then looks back and say something to the ref, and the fight is over. The doctor didn't look like he was the one who wanted to stop the fight. But since you know every word that was spoken, what did the doctor say?

Here is everything said in the corner from the moment that Moraga sits down, at least what is audible to the TV broadcast.

Cornerman: Deep Breaths
unknown: someone grab a towl
Cornerman: Deep breaths
Cornerman: You're one shot away from taking this fight
Cornerman: You're still OK!
Cornerman: Were still in this fight
Cornerman: Were OK ref
Doctor: I wanna see that nose
Unknown: He broke it
Cornerman: He didn't break it, he just cut it
Cornerman: Johnny Breath
Cornerman: You're one shot from turning this fight around!
Cornerman: Were OK, Relax
Cornerman: Strategy advice, etc. Listen to me John!
Moraga: I hear you
Moraga: Need water
Cornerman: Hey, this kids done, he's done!
Cornerman: He's done
Moraga: Is it cut or broken?
Corner: Just cut
Corner: Ref, judge, you gotta let us finish this fight

Doctor starts shaking head no.

Corner: It's only one round

Cut to Dodson.

This coupled with the fact that Moragas story sounds very in line with this, I'm inclined to believe Moraga did not quit on the stool.

Go back and listen to it for yourself. I have a feeling you only watched it once. There's a few people in this topic agreeing with me that know whats up, so just go back and rewatch it.

There happens to be quite a few people who also saw what I saw. Maybe you should watch it again.

There happens to be quite a few people who also saw what I saw. Maybe you should watch it again.

I rewatched it 5 times now with the volume at the max. Please download the fight and relisten. Everyone agreeing with you either only watched it once like yourself or was drunk.

You're wrong about this.

Here is everything said in the corner from the moment that Moraga sits down, at least what is audible to the TV broadcast.

unknown: someone grab a towl
Cornerman: You're one shot away from taking this fight
Cornerman: You're still OK!
Cornerman: Were still in this fight
Cornerman: Were OK ref
Doctor: I wanna see that nose
Unknown: He broke it
Cornerman: He didn't break it, he just cut it
Cornerman: Johnny Breath
Cornerman: You're one shot from turning this fight around!
Cornerman: Were OK, Relax
Cornerman: Strategy advice, etc. Listen to me John!
Moraga: I hear you
Moraga: Need water
Cornerman: Hey, this kids done, he's done!
Cornerman: He's done
Moraga: Is it cut or broken?
Corner: Just cut
Corner: Ref, judge, you gotta let us finish this fight

Doctor starts shaking head no.

Corner: It's only one round

Cut to Dodson.

This coupled with the fact that Moragas story sounds very in line with this, I'm inclined to believe Moraga did not quit on the stool.

You keep posting all of this, but never acknowledge what the doctor says. You are saying what was audible, but go back and watch the doctor. He has two comments to the ref. One is clearly, "I'll keep an eye on it". The other, which I'm less sure of, looks like he says, "he quit". I'm not questioning what you heard. I'm questioning what you clearly didn't see, which is the doctor talking to the ref.

I'm getting it from the doctor saying, "I'll keep an eye on it", looking at Moraga for a split second, then it looked to me like the doctor said, "he quit". At no point did I see the doctor say, "I'm stopping this fight, he can't continue". If anyone can say they saw the doctor say this, by all means, tell me. The doctor clearly looked like he thought the fight was going to continue.

The doctor immediately starts shaking his head no after his corner is begging for the fight to continue.

I don't see how this points to Moraga or his corner quitting on the stool.

You keep posting all of this, but never acknowledge what the doctor says. You are saying what was audible, but go back and watch the doctor. He has two comments to the ref. One is clearly, "I'll keep an eye on it". The other, which I'm less sure of, looks like he says, "he quit". I'm not questioning what you heard. I'm questioning what you clearly didn't see, which is the doctor talking to the ref.

When is the doctor talking to the ref? Is it after the fight and the decision has been read? I can go back and rewatch it

I rewatched it 5 times now with the volume at the max. Please download the fight and relisten. Everyone agreeing with you either only watched it once like yourself or was drunk.

You're wrong about this.

I watched the whole thing like two hours ago completely sober. How can you say everyone else is wrong when you seem to have no knowledge of what the doctor said to the ref? I don't know if you watched a different broadcast of the show, but telling me what the corner said proves nothing when talking about what the doctor said.

I watched the whole thing like two hours ago completely sober. How can you say everyone else is wrong when you seem to have no knowledge of what the doctor said to the ref? I don't know if you watched a different broadcast of the show, but telling me what the corner said proves nothing when talking about what the doctor said.

I just went back and rewatched it.

Doctor says some mumble jumble that is hard to understand, but says something along the lines of "One minute, I'll keep an eye/look at it"

Then he takes a closer look at Moragas nose and waves the fight off

Corner looks pissed and Moraga gets off his stool and yells something

I just don't see Moraga quitting in this situation. Either Moraga is lying his ass off to save face, or he's being truthful that the doctor stopped the fight because the bleeding wasn't stopped before the round started. His story fits pretty much perfectly with what was said on the broadcast.

If he wanted to quit on the stool, he wouldn't have been listening to corner advice, asking for water etc. He would have said something right away, not after they worked on his nose for a minute.

When is the doctor talking to the ref? Is it after the fight and the decision has been read? I can go back and rewatch it

You just proved you didn't see everything. Right before the ref stops the fight, the doctor says two quick things to him. First the doctor tells the ref, "I'll keep an eye on it". Right after he says this, he looks back quickly at Moraga, then turns back to the ref, and it appears the doctor says, "he quit", while walking away. The doctor actually seemed very much like he thought this fight was going to continue.

You just proved you didn't see everything. Right before the ref stops the fight, the doctor says two quick things to him. First the doctor tells the ref, "I'll keep an eye on it". Right after he says this, he looks back quickly at Moraga, then turns back to the ref, and it appears the doctor says, "he quit", while walking away. The doctor actually seemed very much like he thought this fight was going to continue.

It sounds to me like the doctor mouths to the ref "It's over" not "He quit" the clarity isn't good enough to understand much.

Right after the fight was stopped Moraga got off his stool and yelled something. I don't think this is the action of someone that is mentally defeated. Looks like someone that is pissed the doc stopped the fight.

He definitely said "I'll keep an eye on it"

Turns around

Waves off fight.

Sober thanks.....

I just back and rewatched it.

Doctor says some mumble jumble that is hard to understand, but says something along the lines of "One minute, I'll keep an eye/look at it"

Then he takes a closer look at Moragas nose and waves the fight off

Corner looks pissed and Moraga gets off his stool and yells something

I just don't see Moraga quitting in this situation. Either Moraga is lying his ass off to save face, or he's being truthful that the doctor stopped the fight because the bleeding wasn't stopped before the round started

Dude, in that split second we are talking about, did the doctor have time to check the nose and determine the fight should be waved off? Just think about this for a second. In your version, the doctor says, "I'll look at it", takes what didn't even seem like a full second to look towards Moraga, then decided he'd seen enough to call off the fight. This makes sense to you? If the doctor had called off the fight because of how bad the nose was, why did he walk off in disappointment rather than stay there to keep looking at the nose?

Right after the fight was stopped Moraga got off his stool and yelled something. I don't think this is the action of someone that is mentally defeated. Looks like someone that is pissed the doc stopped the fight.

Or someone who is pretending he is upset that the fight was stopped.

Look, I wasn't coming on here to bash Moraga. I just wanted to ask if other people saw what I saw. Then you come here calling us liars, when you clearly didn't see the whole thing, and now it sounds like I'm bashing the guy.

Dude, in that split second we are talking about, did the doctor have time to check the nose and determine the fight should be waved off? Just think about this for a second. In your version, the doctor says, "I'll look at it", takes what didn't even seem like a full second to look towards Moraga, then decided he'd seen enough to call off the fight. This makes sense to you? If the doctor had called off the fight because of how bad the nose was, why did he walk off in disappointment rather than stay there to keep looking at the nose?

All the doctor was checking was to see if his nose was still bleeding or not...and it was. Doesn't take long to do that. It wasn't broken so there wasn't much to check other than blood.

I'm not going to convince you that Moraga didn't quit on his stool, so I'm done trying.

Or someone who is pretending he is upset that the fight was stopped.

Look, I wasn't coming on here to bash Moraga. I just wanted to ask if other people saw what I saw. Then you come here calling us liars, when you clearly didn't see the whole thing, and now it sounds like I'm bashing the guy.

I didn't call you guys "liars" I was simply giving my version of events which I watched about 5 times.

Other people in this topic saw what I saw, and Moraga said himself he didn't quit. But whatever.

I'm not going to convince you that Moraga didn't quit on his stool, so I'm done trying.

You are taking this all wrong. Moraga could have just said his nose was broken, and the doctor took that as him saying he didn't want to fight anymore. Like when a guy gets poked in the eye, and he tells the doctor or ref he can't see, and they stop the fight taking that as the fighter doesn't want to continue. Doesn't mean he actually said, "I quit".

Back