dodson/moraga doctor stoppage?

I realize as fans we wanna see that shit go on, but a doctor's job isn't to make sure we have a good time. His job is to first do no harm. I get that it is a lame stoppage to us, and we could have drawn a more favorable ring side doctor, but the decision he made was because he was worried about the health of the fighter. Maybe he's never seen a fight before.

His only real expertise need be in being a doctor, ya know.

Whatever the case may be that shit was a good stoppage. Dude was gripping his nose like I be gripping my dick.

Sorry, but this is complete crap. The doctor clearly says to the ref, "I'll keep an eye on it". He looks at Moraga, then looks back at the ref and it appears he said, "he quit". You and Moraga's version of events don't follow what I saw with my own eyes, specifically concerning the doctor.

I'll sig bet you that the referee didn't say "he quit". He made two statements, the second of which was "he can't continue."

Didn't you say the doctor told the ref, "one minute, I'll look at it", right before stopping the fight?

John Crouch confirms to me that Moraga wanted to continue and corner supported it, but doctor was concerned about the nose and called it.

Tweet from MMA Junkie

Still bullshit, eh?

Which is less ridiculous than the doctor stopping a fight because of a nose bleed?

If there is active bleeding or a cut that cannot be closed, the fight is supposed to be stopped by the ringside physician.

The physician told there ref "One minute, I'll look at it," because they only have one minute to attend to the fighter between rounds. He isn't saying I'll give him a minute and check or it or I'll monitor him for a minute, he is saying his minute is up, I am going to check if he is ready to go. At the point he checks and sees there is still active bleeding and therefore tells the referee "It's over," ending the fight by doctor's stoppage.

If there is active bleeding or a cut that cannot be closed, the fight is supposed to be stopped by the ringside physician.

The physician told there ref "One minute, I'll look at it," because they only have one minute to attend to the fighter between rounds. He isn't saying I'll give him a minute and check or it or I'll monitor him for a minute, he is saying his minute is up, I am going to check if he is ready to go. At the point he checks and sees there is still active bleeding and therefore tells the referee "It's over," ending the fight by doctor's stoppage.

Clapping.gif

lol single handedly /thread

it's like kapooyah, kapooyah.

I realize as fans we wanna see that shit go on, but a doctor's job isn't to make sure we have a good time. His job is to first do no harm. I get that it is a lame stoppage to us, and we could have drawn a more favorable ring side doctor, but the decision he made was because he was worried about the health of the fighter. Maybe he's never seen a fight before.

His only real expertise need be in being a doctor, ya know.

Be quiet, the fighter is a grown man who signed a contract fighting for his career. If he says he wants to fight let him fight. The fact the doctor was too incompetent to tell if his nose is broken shows me all I need to know. This card had incompetent judges, incompetent refs, incompetent doctors. Seriously, must annoying card in a while to me...

Whatever the case may be that shit was a good stoppage. Dude was gripping his nose like I be gripping my dick.

What he said he wanted to fight?

Does everyone really need to GIF all the fights that weren't stopped with worse cuts over eyes? GO SIT IN THE CORNER!

Does everyone really need to GIF all the fights that weren't stopped with worse cuts over eyes? GO SIT IN THE CORNER!
Just because most ringside physicians do their best to please the fans, promotion and athletic commission doesn't mean that is how they are supposed to be doing their jobs.

Tweet from MMA Junkie

Still bullshit, eh?

I'll say again, I was just asking if anyone saw what I saw. You admitted how full of crap you were when you said you didn't even know the doctor talked to the ref. All I ever asked was what happened with the doctor to make him call off the fight. You never gave a satisfactory answer, but instead said anyone who saw what I saw was drunk.

It still doesn't make sense why the doctor stopped the fight. If you are to be believed, the doctor is basically corrupt. I personally think it makes more sense that something was said to him to make him call it off.

I'll say again, I was just asking if anyone saw what I saw. You admitted how full of crap you were when you said you didn't even know the doctor talked to the ref. All I ever asked was what happened with the doctor to make him call off the fight. You never gave a satisfactory answer, but instead said anyone who saw what I saw was drunk.

It still doesn't make sense why the doctor stopped the fight. If you are to be believed, the doctor is basically corrupt. I personally think it makes more sense that something was said to him to make him call it off.

Read my first post and then it should make sense when you look at the dialogue through the context of the ringside physician's job. Looking at the context of the situation will always lead you closer to the truth than looking at the data in a vacuum and ascribing your own values and views to it.

Just because most ringside physicians do their best to please the fans, promotion and athletic commission doesn't mean that is how they are supposed to be doing their jobs.

So the doctor did his job correctly? Everyone is arguing he is corrupt and sucks at his job. Which is it? The main point, as someone else said, the majority of the time, a doctor would have let that fight continue. If the fighter is in no danger, and wants to continue, the ref will usually let them. So what changed here?

The thing about the "one minute", you took it out of context. It was meant for that specific person. First the guy said the doctor said, "one minute, I'll take a look", right before stopping the fight. Then he said the doctor used the "one minute" line at the start of the minute between rounds.

Look, whatever happened, can we all agree something shady was going on here? Whether it be from the doctor, or the fighter and his team.

Very weird stoppage. Worse broken noses have occurred, and the fight has continued - likewise, WAY worse cuts have been allowed to pass. No idea what went on there, but Moraga's corner sure weren't putting up much of an argument. It wouldn't surprise me if Moraga quit, then regretted saying it seconds later.

Honestly the officiating and the judging during the whole fucking event was pretty god damn absurd.

Moraga goes back to his corner, sits on the stool.

Cornerman says "We're ok Ref(Actually the doctor)
Doctor says he wants to see his nose
Somebody yells "he broke it"
Cornerman says it was just a cut
Cornermen start giving strategy advice
Moraga says "Yeah, i hear you"
Moraga asks if his nose is cut or broken
Corner says just cut
Cornerman asks the doctor to let Moraga continue fighting, says it's only one round
Doctor immediately starts shaking his head no.

Cut to Dodsons corner.

Nothing on TV at least indicated that Moraga wanted the fight stopped

This. I also would consider Moraga one of the last guys to quit. Dude never tapped and let Johnson twerk that arm.

Ended up watching it again. Here's what I got. Ref goes to doctor. First, doctor says, "he's okay, give me one minute, I'll keep an eye on him, I'll let him go". Doctor turns back to Moraga. Moraga's coach seems to be yelling something at Moraga. Doctor turns back to ref and appears to say, "he's not gonna do it". Fight over.

The thing is, the cut wasn't that nasty, and wasn't in a bad spot. And if the nose wasn't broken, it still points to Moraga just not making it clear he wanted to keep fighting or something. Another thing is the doctor's reaction when he called it off. He looked disappointed with Moraga and walked away.

Ended up watching it again. Here's what I got. Ref goes to doctor. First, doctor says, "he's okay, give me one minute, I'll keep an eye on him, I'll let him go". Doctor turns back to Moraga. Moraga's coach seems to be yelling something at Moraga. Doctor turns back to ref and appears to say, "he's not gonna do it". Fight over.

The thing is, the cut wasn't that nasty, and wasn't in a bad spot. And if the nose wasn't broken, it still points to Moraga just not making it clear he wanted to keep fighting or something. Another thing is the doctor's reaction when he called it off. He looked disappointed with Moraga and walked away.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Dissapointed? Really lol. Moraga and his cornermen were the ones who looked dissapointed.

John Crouch(MMA Lab Head coach) confirmed to the media that the doctor stopped the fight against the corners wishes. He really isn't the type of coach to sugar coat the fact his fighter quit. That coupled with the fact that Moraga himself said he didn't quit is pretty convicing evidence by itself. Never mind the fact John was listening to advice and asking for water as if he was ready to go out for round 3.

the corner was begging for the fight to continue and the doctor was shaking his head "no" should have been pretty clear evidence by itself that the doc stopped the fight, not the corner.

Last edited:
3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Dissapointed? Really lol. Moraga and his cornermen were the ones who looked dissapointed.

John Crouch(MMA Lab Head coach) confirmed to the media that the doctor stopped the fight against the corners wishes. He really isn't the type of coach to sugar coat the fact his fighter quit. That coupled with the fact that Moraga himself said he didn't quit is pretty convicing evidence by itself. Never mind the fact John was listening to advice and asking for water as if he was ready to go out for round 3.

the corner was begging for the fight to continue and the doctor was shaking his head "no" should have been pretty clear evidence by itself that the doc stopped the fight, not the corner.

Stupid is as stupid does. Don't bother arguing with these guys, they're too dumb to see a doctor shake his head as Moraga's corner is asking for it to continue.

Stupid is as stupid does. Don't bother arguing with these guys, they're too dumb to see a doctor shake his head as Moraga's corner is asking for it to continue.

I honestly think I got trolled and now I feel like a scrub.

Back