Do you want all fighters to get paid more, or only up and coming fighters?

Searching my own feelings, I think I only want up and coming fighters to get paid more. I don't really care if you are already getting paid $1mil or more per fight. It's really the guys and gals who are not making enough to live on.

As a fan, I feel this is also more inline with my interests. If you pay fighters who already make a lot more, they will just be less incentivized to fight. You'll get more of your big stars sitting out or picking fights. Whereas if you paid up and comers more, they will have more energy to focus on training, which will only increase the quality of the fights.

I would like to see a reasonable bump for undercard fighters and it's probably doable.

I would like to see a contract bump for Main & Comain fighters even on the ESPN cards... Again probably reasonable.

I think that would give at least improved "optics" (hate the term) for the UFC and quell some of the bad press going on.

I'm one of the few rubes that actually pays for the PPVs so to a tiny extent I have a dog in the fight.

More money will come to everyone this way over some time.

Nonsense. No company in any field should wield that kind of power, where they can essentially blacklist you if you do not agree to their terms.
Every company should be able to refuse to do business with an individual if that individual does not agree to the company's terms and every individual should be able to refuse to do business with a company if that company does not agree to the individual's terms. This is just the concept of self-determination and consenting adults enjoying basic freedom.
Lol. They only have one competitor in NA, and its a much smaller company with a much smaller roster. To be a monopoly doesn't require absolute control over a market.
How does the UFC only have one competitor in NA? Apart from the fact that the UFC competes not only with other MMA promotions but with everything from Pro Wrestling to Boxing (both in regards to viewership and talent), MMA is arguably one of the easiest and cheapest products to produce, as it requires only a camera and two participants (and not even a camera if you only have a live audience), which means even if the UFC somehow managed to blacklist a fighter from the entire entertainment industry, MMA fighters could promote their own fights if they are actually able to draw the audiences to warrant their demanded pay. This has also happened on all different levels before, from Josh Barnett holding his "Bloodsport" events or the japanese UWF split which led to the UWFi, PWFG, RINGS and Pancrase or even the lowest level of completely unproduced fighting like the Gracies who sell tapes of their challenge matches or even bottom of the barrel stuff like Bumfights, Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo 2 or Kimbo Slice.
You laissez-faire guys never manage to find any fucks to give about workers. You only see producers and consumers.
This is a lie.

Back