Do you want all fighters to get paid more, or only up and coming fighters?

I agree with Dana. You need to keep them hungry. I bet you Turds don't remember back when Conor was a good fighter. He was so happy he won a fight, he begged Dana for 50 G's . Now look where we are.

Exactly. They have to agree with the UFC's terms, or its very hard to be a pro MMA fighter at all.
Which should be this way. If the UFC's terms were unjust there would be less people chosing to be pro MMA fighters which would necessarily give the remaining pro MMA fighters more negotiating leverage as the UFC needs them for it's product. Since this is not the case and people still chose to be pro MMA fighters, it's pretty clear that the UFC's terms are not bad.
Contracts negotiated under such terms may be unconscionable and can be found legally non-binding.
Which they obviously shouldn't as both parties agreed to them and nobody was coerced into even participating in the negotiation.
Nonsense. There is a very good reason why the UFC would pay them less than what they ask regardless of what they are worth.
A pro MMA fighter simply doesn't have a lot of good alternatives.
If a pro MMA fighter can only create profits in a single organization and there are an abundance of alternative fighters that organization could get cheaper, the fighter is objectively not worth what he is asking for. This is just a simple supply and demand question. If the UFC could just underpay fighters because they are somehow forced into this job and have no alternatives, why wouldn't they pay a Conor McGregor only 1000 bucks per fight?
This is a big part of why monopolies are a bad thing.

It's not like I'm making this up. It's a very well understood phenomenon and the overwhelming consensus is that it is bad.
I agree that monopolies are a bad thing (which is part of why i advocate for a laissez-faire free market as i agree with Ludwig von Mises' notion that monopolies are the direct result of government intervention), even though monopolies are first and foremost a bad thing for consumers and not employees. I disagree about the UFC being a monopoly.

I believe most people simply want some kind of revenue sharing. Exactly how it looks like should be decided by company and fighters.

Of course, that will not happen unless the fighters unionize. Union=higher pay. Always.

I agree with Dana. You need to keep them hungry. I bet you Turds don't remember back when Conor was a good fighter. He was so happy he won a fight, he begged Dana for 50 G's . Now look where we are.
Imagine what great promoter Dana would have been if the UFC hadn't turned him into a fat cat?

Big business had been even bigger if the CEOs & Co had stayed hungry.

personally i think the fighters that stay active and perform should be paid more
i'd be lying if i said they all deserve a large payout because let's be fucking real here, some of these guys/gals are lazy, they bitch and moan about media appearances and promotion, bash the company every chance they get, cherrypick and is just overall difficult to work with

Which should be this way. If the UFC's terms were unjust there would be less people chosing to be pro MMA fighters which would necessarily give the remaining pro MMA fighters more negotiating leverage as the UFC needs them for it's product. Since this is not the case and people still chose to be pro MMA fighters, it's pretty clear that the UFC's terms are not bad.
That's grade A retarded nonsense. People working in sweatshops means working there can't be bad?
Which they obviously shouldn't as both parties agreed to them and nobody was coerced into even participating in the negotiation.
This is not a contract between equal parties.

An example. Not the best example, but a true example. The rape against the girl started when she was 8. She got pregnant by the age of 9. At the age of 10 she was married away to her rapist. This is perfectly legal in most US states.

When the law is wrong, you change it.
If a pro MMA fighter can only create profits in a single organization and there are an abundance of alternative fighters that organization could get cheaper, the fighter is objectively not worth what he is asking for. This is just a simple supply and demand question. If the UFC could just underpay fighters because they are somehow forced into this job and have no alternatives, why wouldn't they pay a Conor McGregor only 1000 bucks per fight?
There's the retard talk again. There's no objective worth in capitalism.

A big problem is the UFC's position as a de facto monopoly.
I agree that monopolies are a bad thing (which is part of why i advocate for a laissez-faire free market as i agree with Ludwig von Mises' notion that monopolies are the direct result of government intervention), even though monopolies are first and foremost a bad thing for consumers and not employees. I disagree about the UFC being a monopoly.
Monopoly isn't defined by your feelings.

https://www.justice.gov/atr/competi...conduct-under-section-2-sherman-act-chapter-2
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/com...ws/single-firm-conduct/monopolization-defined

Neither. Pay them all much less. They are non essentials doing a talent show.

There's no objective worth in capitalism.
Do you actually believe this? Because if we can't even agree on the basic fact that a free market is the ideal economic system there is no point in even having a further discussion on economics, as you will clearly just refuse to accept any argument based on austrian economics.

I believe most people simply want some kind of revenue sharing. Exactly how it looks like should be decided by company and fighters.

Of course, that will not happen unless the fighters unionize. Union=higher pay. Always.
Yes, but they will never solve the prisoner's dilemma so it doesn't matter. I agree with you though

I can see your point TS but I still want everyone to be paid more. A larger percentage of revenue for all. Although I’d be keen on the up and comers getting more of a boost than the established guys.

All UFC fighters are deserving of a larger % of the profit to put them closer in line with all the other major sports in this country. Hell they probably deserve even more just for how predatory and slimey the UFC is when it comes to doing business.

All UFC fighters are deserving of a larger % of the profit to put them closer in line with all the other major sports in this country. Hell they probably deserve even more just for how predatory and slimey the UFC is when it comes to doing business.

Fighters don't deserve more in my opinion.
They are responsible for this situation.
If a fighter can screw another negotion position of another fighter to be used he will do it.
If fighters don't care about eachother why should the UFC care?

When Masvidal didn't got what he wanted he started to talk about how much % fighters are getting paid of the whole pie.
The moment he got what he wanted you'll never hear him about it.
Fighters only care for themselves just like the UFC cares only about the UFC.
If fighters want more money they shouldn't screw other fighters.
But they do this all the time.
They have no problem if other fighters get less as long as they get what they want. Even if that means screwing another fighter by being used by the UFC as a negotiation tactic.

When you sign with UFC for the first time they should be guranteed 20k + 20k

Searching my own feelings, I think I only want up and coming fighters to get paid more. I don't really care if you are already getting paid $1mil or more per fight. It's really the guys and gals who are not making enough to live on.

As a fan, I feel this is also more inline with my interests. If you pay fighters who already make a lot more, they will just be less incentivized to fight. You'll get more of your big stars sitting out or picking fights. Whereas if you paid up and comers more, they will have more energy to focus on training, which will only increase the quality of the fights.

This is where I worry the most about fighter pay. The UFC has improved the pay significantly at the lower tiers but it still isn't really enough to be a professional and not have a side hustle unless you are basically top 3 fights in a fight night and PPV fights + lead undercard. The rest of the fighters aren't paid enough to make ends meet, let alone be setup for a life after UFC.

While I understand the issues of fighter pay and the complexity of pay within a publically traded company all the attention is seems to the fighters at the very top, like how many millions per fight they should get. Reminds me a little of this

Across the board they should be getting paid more.

But my issue is guys will be top ten guys for years and have nothing to show for it. A guy like RDA should be pretty fuckin rich by this point. Several headliners, former champion, extremely active and fights top guys consistently. Yet we would be surprised by how much he makes.

I definitely think that guys lower on the card should get more than they currently are, but when it comes to guys already making mid-high six figures or more, I’m torn.

On the one hand, I really hate the preposterous salaries of professional athletes. Their wages may be indicative of their ability to draw revenue, but I’d argue that isn’t the best way to determine someone’s salary.

On the other hand, I want to see high caliber athletes competing in mma, and the only way to do that is make their pay at least in the same ballpark as that of high level competitors in other mainstream sports.

So really, I don’t know but I think it’s a very good question.

I just don't want to pay any more than I already am for fights. I think the managers/agents and the promoter can hash this shit out and leave the fans out of it. I'm fine with the Baders and Rorys of the world looking for greener pastures, I'm cool with guys like Nate, Masvidal, Conor and Jones playing hardball. I'm cool with guys accepting less than they believe they are worth.

I'm not all that cool with all the public bickering and I don't love paying $70 for a PPV.

Which should be this way.

Nonsense. No company in any field should wield that kind of power, where they can essentially blacklist you if you do not agree to their terms.

I disagree about the UFC being a monopoly.

Lol. They only have one competitor in NA, and its a much smaller company with a much smaller roster. To be a monopoly doesn't require absolute control over a market.

You laissez-faire guys never manage to find any fucks to give about workers. You only see producers and consumers.

Money makes fighters into mewling pussies. Pay them less so we can get back to having great fights more often.

Back