Do you think Zuffa will keep Coker on board after tonight?

Does Coker speak any Asian languages? If so, I would put him in charge of helping build up the Asian UFC MMA scene and fan base.

Welcome to your new office Mr. Coker

janitor_zps6eb72c2f.jpg

Does Coker speak any Asian languages? If so, I would put him in charge of helping build up the Asian UFC MMA scene and fan base.

this is a great idea. scott has a lot of asian contacts which may prove useful. also i think the ufc will want to keep him inhouse for the next year or two to stop him from starting a new org.

if he is fired i think the non-compete clause would be terminated, but if scott resigned from zuffa i think the clause would stay in affect.

yes! dana needs someone to help carry the load. scott coker = vice president of the ufc.

Scott Coker has been in the fight game since the 80's
Seems to me a man with that much experience would be a valuable employee to a company that is expanding globally
If not I could see him hooking up with Glory or One FC

I hope they replace Dana with him.
Not on making decisions, but on interview, etc.

What the hell are you talking about? Like as the spokes person for the UFC? You're high dude.

Other (don't care). He seems like a nice fellow but I don't really know what he has to offer the UFC.

Maybe they will fire Dana and replace him with Coker. Coker is the one promoter at least in my memory that hasn't ever come off as a prick (White, Shaw, King, Arum, ect)

Considering it would cost more money for Zuffa & Company probably not...

But if they had a shred of sense they would realize Scott has been appealing to a different MMA crowd, a group that wanted an alternative to UFC. The UFC wouldn't have absorbed them if they didn't have something they wanted(other than just fighters). Keeping Scott around would be a great idea for the different perspective and the different ideals on a different crowd he was appealing to. A person who was able to build up a MMA organization has some insight into the production and some differences that could help Zuffa even if it was in a minimal scale it would help I believe.

But like I said, it would cost Zuffa money and in their books it probably will be a no-go for that simple reason.

I think they might find a spot for him somewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't though.

I hope so. Seems like a great guy and I've always enjoyed the Strikeforce shows, even when his talent was just sucked away they still managed to put on great, fun cards. Including the one tonight.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. The man built one of the most successful MMA orgs ever and has a lot of MMA business knowledge. He seems to get along well with most fighters too. If he wants to stay in the business and Zuffa isn't interested in keeping him on board, someone else will hire him.

Back