Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

• Total voters
Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg

Ok. Let's say a prime Jon Jones - or a hypothetical Jones from over a decade ago that juiced up to heavyweight size - enters some King of the Street events or some other no rules, anything goes vale tudo fights. Can Jones adjust his skillset to fighting with no rules? Does he have the mindset to adapt to biting, eye gouging, stomps, headbutts, spitting in the eyes, shots to the balls, small joint manipulation, ripping ears off, skull smashing onto concrete, etc.? I'd venture he does have the right mentality to adapt. So, with his physical frame, skill set, and mentality, would that version of Jon Jones be the best unarmed, no rules vale tudo fighting on the planet? He's a good candidate for it i'll tell you that. But nobody can say for sure; there are a lot of very dangerous men on this planet and most of them are not famous.

the 265lb weight limit makes it hard to claim that the HW champ is the most dangerous person on earth.

With 8 billion people on the planet, in no holds barred/no rules fighting, the odds are against it. Within an MMA ruleset, sure why not.

I voted I don't know. We don't know what physical specimens are out there in the jungles or Africa or wherever. + you need to take into account fighters from other disciplines like Alex Pereira that could be secretly training TDD.

I think the best MMA HW might be the world's most dangerous man in competition, but all bets are off when it comes to life or death hand to hand combat.

Elite special forces agencies the world over train hand to hand combat in life or death, no referees to enforce rules, situations. My feeling is they are prob more dangerous by default, aka trained to kill, compared to someone just trained to fight.

He boxed the best and third best boxers on the planet and arguably beat one of them. He would destroy either of them in an MMA fight.

He has both kicks and a ground game.

Jones has a single win at heavyweight and it's a sub over a kickboxer with below average takedown defense. He has to do more at heavyweight to prove he's the best fighter in the world. Let's not ignore his prior two fights where his striking looked very ineffective against Santos and Reyes.
I think you are basing Ngannous ground game on his fight with Gane, the same guy you belittle Jones for beating. He beat a guy in less than two minutes, that Ngannou took 5 rounds to beat. It's kind of silly to even be comparing Ngannou to Jon Jones. Believe me, few will remember Ngannou 20 years from now. Jones will always be a UFC legend, and as of now, still the world's most dangerous fighter.

I don't think so cause everyone at the end losses, nobody thought Fedor would ever lose, till he ran into a guy named Werdum and lost to him by sniffing his crotch, can you imagine?

It is too many variables to say a MMA HW like Aspinall would be the most dangerous man on the planet. I can see a HW Prime Jones the size of overeem who threw elbow strikes, knee strikes, teep kicks, head kicks, and broke orbital bones on the ground, like he use too, and had a mean streak in him. A guy who can and will break your knee caps. If you know a guy can and will snap your knees in half, that would put the fear of god in anyone.

I can even see Fedor and I could see Prime Cain Velasquez as they can also do it all and were machines.

I would rather have a prime Tyson though.

not necessarily. in a mutually agreed upon bout where both guys are 100% aware of what's going on and calm enough to strategize, then sure, but that's not what a fist fight is.

It is too many variables to say a MMA HW like Aspinall would be the most dangerous man on the planet. I can see a HW Prime Jones the size of overeem who threw elbow strikes, knee strikes, teep kicks, head kicks, and broke orbital bones on the ground, like he use too, and had a mean streak in him. A guy who can and will break your knee caps. If you know a guy can and will snap your knees in half, that would put the fear of god in anyone.

I can even see Fedor and I could see Prime Cain Velasquez as they can also do it all and were machines.

I would rather have a prime Tyson though.
yeah, if fights were always 100% fair and started at distance with both combatants prepared and aware like mma fights do, mma would be far and ahead the best self defense base. that's just not the case though.

in a self defense scenario, i'd rather be lennox lewis than alexey oleinik

Every street fighting genius I’ve ever met was just a degenerate mma fighter. Basically a masvidal type of person lol.

The level of tactics used in street fighting is amazing. It would definitely be a fighter who is the best, if it’s like a random steet fighting experience with multiple people and the element of surprise. But if it’s just one on one in the street I’d probably favor aspinal or jones over anyone.

If no rules then no. CAN he beat anyone on earth UFC rules? Sure everyone has a chance.

Can Bones beat Aspinall? Sure he can.

Can I beat Aspinall? You're god damned right.

It’s an interesting question.

Everyone always loves to say “yeah but MMA fighters have rules!” Okay? Why wouldn’t Jones be MORE dangerous without rules?

All things considered, if I had one human to represent humanity in combat it’s hard not to take peak Jones, pump him full of cocaine and steroids and send him out there.

Back