Do you think JDS is really the man to beat at Heavyweight?

Reem is severely overrated.

Hi TS, great read. JDS and Overeem were scheduled to fight in May the 26th, 2012. Overeem had the chance to prove you right. JDS showed up to fight and kick ass. Where was Overeem?

What happened?

Lol all that and you could just have said overeem fan.

Truth overeem is a contender but he hasn't done enough in the top orgs to justify that kind of status. The drugs thing also shows him up to be a fraud and taints his entire hw career and will always do so.
People know he's juiced and his credibility takes a huge hit until he can get some wins proven to be off the roids.

Unless you're talking about muscles, you have exactly zero evidence to support that.

How about the simple fact that JDS' offense is almost entirely striking and Alistair Overeem is the K1 grand prix champion?

You have zero evidence that Daniel Cormier is a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar but you've got your brain and common sense.

How on Earth has Reem proven to be > JDS? And if not on Earth, on what planet?

And yes, he holds the championship, so he's the man to beat.

How about the simple fact that JDS' offense is almost entirely striking and Alistair Overeem is the K1 grand prix champion?

MMA=/=K1

No 14 oz gloves to protect Alistair's chin in MMA.

JDS beat Cain in a little more than a minute. He is not that good. Nelson,Carwin,Yvel and Struve lasted longer than that.

lol, Cain secured the HW title within his first 10 fights. Yeah, he must really suck.

I dunno man. I've never seen JDS in any real danger, but I've seen Overeem stopped several times. And although I agree Overeem is so much better than he used to be and obviously a complete beast, I just can't help but lean towards JDS as the man to beat at heavyweight. Cant wait for this fight though! It's inevitable that these two guy's are gonna go at it, and when they do I'll be rooting for the REEM!

TS..I kind of agree with what you are saying.

However, wasn't JDS a favorite against REEM before the fight fell through? Something like -145?

Why would he be talking about muscles? Overeem is just a more highly skilled fighter. It is just that simple.

This. People are ridiculous. I've never once mentioned muscles ever but I've seen that in like 8 replies.

It's either just people pulling it out of their ass. Or they know I was a Lesnar fan and think 2 makes a pattern (and I didn't give a shit about Lesnar's muscles either)

Overeem IS more skilled. His striking is all around better; his grappling his better.

JDS just has faster hands and maybe better cardio (but Reem knows how to pace himself he's ridiculously well experienced and knows not to make rookie mistakes to gas himself out)

I've only seen two things that JDS fans can come up with to tell me JDS will beat the Reem. And that's:
-chin
-and smaller gloves

both of which, if they are even an issue at all, have been drastically taken out of preportion

Of coarse he is! He's the HW Champ!

Didn't read TS article, however he beat Cain, regardless of injury. Imo, the only 2 to threaten JDS's title is Overeem and a healthy Cain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back