Do you think JDS is really the man to beat at Heavyweight?

But Overeem cheated. His "momentum" is tainted, which makes it meaningless imo. People will get upset at that notion, but it is what it is. The winner of the JDS/Cain rematch is the top dog in the MMA world.

This, and it's not a complex concept to grasp.

As much as I want Cain to win so people will stop underrating him, I want JDS to win just because of this fight.

I do think JDS/Overeem is potentially the coolest fight in ALL of HW history. I know that's been said a few too many times in the last few years, but this was for me just is so right on so many levels.

Mostly because they're game is both striking. So we're essentially going to get the closest thing you can get to a kickboxing match in MMA, between the two best heavyweight strikers possibly ever, and both with brutal one punch ko power.

Hmmm maybe in late 2013 or early 2014. If both Reem and JDS win I think the the fight will happen around may. However JDS is way too concerned about facing Overeem. Dude is fighting Cain but because of the things he (and his camp) are saying it's almost like they are looking past Cain.

Cain can bet JDS and for me that wouldn't even be an upset. Just hope for Cain he has a different Cainplan for this fight. :)

Overeems taking that belt, absolutely no doubt about it.

Okay TS lets get real now if you're going to make a thread like this and expect to be taken seriously get rid of your biases. Overeem is not the best Heavyweight right now. Cain and JDS have both proven themselves over and over without the use of drugs but you choose to turn your head too that because you're an Overeem fan.

If Overeem can get his hands behind his foes neck and start kneeing youre done! Thats the only thing impressive about him. Nothing special about him, would like to see Big country knock or Tko his ass.

Overoids was getting outclassed by Werdum while standing. Too bad Werdum thought he was in an ADCC tournament.

I think he would be an underdog against JDS.

No one ever ragdolled Crocop the way he did before the lowblows. Not even in all his past his prime losses has Crocop looked as bad as he did against Overeem.

Dos Santos broke his orbital bone and made him verbally quit. He holds a legit victory over Crocop, unlike Overeem.

Overeem - Werdum 2 sucked the big one , that fight didnt raise anyones stock

any1 beating overeem in the HW division would increase their stock dramatically

he pretty much has the other belts...he just needs the ufc belt to complete his collection

Alistair-Overeem-three-titles.jpg

That's like saying you have the Arena League football championship, the only one that really matters is the Vince Lombardi trophy (NFL)

The UFC belt is the only one that matters these days, and JDS is the reigning champion. So yes, he he certainly "the man to beat."

Your short version is still too long. Need a shorter version.

Lol, this. JDS is the man to beat until somebody else proves otherwise. He is the champion on the promotion filled with the most talent and has successfully defended his belt.

Whoever is the champ is the man to beat, that's the whole point of the championship...

But JDS was the favorite against Overeem in the odds b4 the bout was cancelled. Since then JDS beat Frank Murr very nicely while Overeem has been out.

belt isnt everything???? uhh yes it is.as long as he has the belt he IS the man to beat

I love K1 and follow it very closely but unfortunately for overeem this is MMA. The larger gloves aren't there for him to use as striking defense. Overeem tends to get hit by average and better strikers in MMA due to his piss poor striking defense.

He made a career of getting his jaw cracked at LHW and the one time he fought a great boxer in MMA he got it broke again after turning and jogging away.

JDS will find his chin and he will prove that it is a weakness.

Amen, bother.

Cigano and Cain have been fighting against much better competition than Overreem.

Overeem beat Werdum... So did JDS.

JDS is the UFC HW champ. Ergo, JDS is the man to beat, not Overeem.

JDS has the belt so I would say he is the man to beat.....

Back