Do you think Jan’s size will bully Adesanya

MeatWagon06

Biting on Feints
@Silver
Reaction score
Personally this is a huge fight for me. Big fan of both men, but feel Israel will take a late RD stoppage.

Sorry about multiple Israel threads. Been studying both fighters techniques tonight and like to discuss.

I just don't see it

I think this is going to be less competitive than Adesanya vs Whittaker

Jan's best chance is to grapple as soon as the bell rings
Polish power is for real. Jan may have the sickest body kick in the game. Also he is keen to check leg kicks. All it takes is one swift, proper rush and Izzy is out. I hope otherwise though.

I think Jan subs him
I see that as a possibility. Dude is thiiick as foock. And might actually slam the TD if planned. He’s actually got a nasty Arm-triangle choke.

Jan is like JDS to me.. such a likable guy in the division, I wanna see win. But Israel’s skill and seeing how far he could go is intriguing as well.

Feels like people are overeating Jan now that he is the champ and all of a sudden has “Polish power”. Jan is the champ of lucky circumstances - there are many LHWs out there that can beat him, it’s just that most of them are no longer in the UFC or have moved to another weight class.

That being said, I remember his fight with Gus where Jan was winning the striking but Gus started going for takedowns instead to win that fight. Jan’s boxing is good but if it’s a stand up fight, Adesanya should win. If Jan plays it smart he should go for GNP which should win him that fight.

Man, Izzie boutta do some black dynamite shit on Jan. Like some side kick ko type of shiz man.

I see adecringeya picking him apart or Jan bullrushing in. Though Jan is certainly no journeyman in the technical department. Lots of intangibles here, should make for a good fight

It will be Adesanya vs Romero all over again
Absolutely not.. Romero is a counter-striker. Jan sets his own pace and will look to work... jabs, leg kicks, body kicks, KO shots. Israel has versed himself in grappling. But I wouldn’t doubt to see Jan work some TDs, and throw some overhands. Izzys feints aren’t working on Jan. Gonna make for a interesting bout.

No.

Adesanya has a longer reach, is much quicker, and is comfortable fighting on the outside. He will pick Jan apart from distance.

If Jan tries to bullrush in (which he does like an oaf -- see his fight with Thiago Santos for reference), Adesanya will just flee, like he did against Yoel, and reset.

Jan is too slow, flat footed and plods forward. He’s tailor made for Adesanya to style on him. Gonna look similar to Silva vs Boner.

Feels like people are overeating Jan now that he is the champ and all of a sudden has “Polish power”. Jan is the champ of lucky circumstances - there are many LHWs out there that can beat him, it’s just that most of them are no longer in the UFC or have moved to another weight class.

That being said, I remember his fight with Gus where Jan was winning the striking but Gus started going for takedowns instead to win that fight. Jan’s boxing is good but if it’s a stand up fight, Adesanya should win. If Jan plays it smart he should go for GNP which should win him that fight.
Dude, I kinda agree. My ranking on Jan went down after the Gus fight.. though he was boxing Alex’s ear off. A resurgence is not unlikely in MMA... Robbie, Jorge, etc. gaining a slight bit of mass, an then sleeping fools. What circumstances is he so lucky to have? Aside from Jones leaving. He could easily sleep him too. I feel dude gets discredited too much.

Jan is too slow, flat footed and plods forward. He’s tailor made for Adesanya to style on him. Gonna look similar to Silva vs Boner.
Unfortunately this is also what I think. And I say unfortunately because I don't like Adesanya. Jan is too slow and easy to hit, Israel is going to use him as a fucking heavy bag.

Unfortunately this is also what I think. And I say unfortunately because I don't like Adesanya. Jan is too slow and easy to hit, Israel is going to use him as a fucking heavy bag.

I don’t like Izzy either so no emotions either way. Just the way I see it.

He’s methodical with his plodding. You’d think he’s tailor made.. but dude rips some of the nastiest body kicks in the game. He also knows how to throw hands and shoot. I wanna see Israel win for the sake. Just dunno.

He’s methodical with his plodding. You’d think he’s tailor made.. but dude rips some of the nastiest body kicks in the game. He also knows how to throw hands and shoot. I wanna see Israel win for the sake. Just dunno.

Too slow for Izzy. The speed discrepancy is going to be glaring. Speed kills.

Back