Do you think Jan’s size will bully Adesanya

Jan has underrated hand fighting and has an advantage against southpaws. If Izzy stays in southpaw for a decent amount of time, Jan can clip him with a lead hood off of the clinch, near the cage or if he times an Izzy leg kick he can land that right hand.

He has to make Izzy respect his power immensely from the very first exchange. He can pull it off because Izzy truly cannot afford to eat a single clean punch. Literally, not even one.

I'm saying he does and Jan melts him in round 2.

No. Izzy has dealt with some seriously powerful guys already. A better question to ask I think is if Jan's extra reach will help him. With the extra reach, Izzy may have to commit more and get drawn into a range when Jan's size can give him the advantage. I don't think it will play out like that though.

That's a very real possibility. I don't think it's likely. I wouldn't be so bold as to predict it, but I'd expect there to be a big power differential. Izzy may have the reach advantage, but only narrowly, not like he had with Costa or Whittaker. This is a much bigger step up in competition that he's getting any credit for, and it kinda sucks because if he wins it will be taken for granted.

Jan is too slow, flat footed and plods forward. He’s tailor made for Adesanya to style on him. Gonna look similar to Silva vs Boner.
xC7.gif

Personally this is a huge fight for me. Big fan of both men, but feel Israel will take a late RD stoppage.

Sorry about multiple Israel threads. Been studying both fighters techniques tonight and like to discuss.
Is jan technical with his striking? He looks... I don't wanna be a hater and be that asshole who picks izzy and then he gets outpointed.

That's a very real possibility. I don't think it's likely. I wouldn't be so bold as to predict it, but I'd expect there to be a big power differential. Izzy may have the reach advantage, but only narrowly, not like he had with Costa or Whittaker. This is a much bigger step up in competition that he's getting any credit for, and it kinda sucks because if he wins it will be taken for granted.
This. And if he loses people will act like they knew it all along as well.

I think jan is going to ko adesanya tbh. I am smelling an upset. Jan doesnt get enough credit

I am a big fan of Israel, but I think Jans size will be a huge problem for him. Very few have success moving up a weightclass, fighting top guys. I am picking Jan by tko.
In UFC Champion vs Champion fights, the lighter champion is 4-1

I wouldn't say that Jan doesn't have power per se, but this whole Polish Power thing is a little nuts for a guy who has 8 ko/tkos in 35 fights, and went 5 years in the UFC without a single finish by strikes.

In UFC Champion vs Champion fights, the lighter champion is 4-1
The Ufc has a very short history making these fights, and the Numbers have a story behind them. The bigger man always has a huge advantage.

Back