Do you think Jan’s size will bully Adesanya

If he kicks Adesanya as hard as he kicked Reyes, idk if Adesanya can take it.
He also only needs to connect fully once.

This same forum was gargling Reyes mayonnaise and suddenly thinks the guy that destroyed him is trash and has no chance against someone from a weightclass down?

I dont get it.

I am a big fan of Israel, but I think Jans size will be a huge problem for him. Very few have success moving up a weightclass, fighting top guys. I am picking Jan by tko.

Power is useless if you cant hit your opponent.
We dont know how much stronger will Blachowitz be and if he can rely just on that.
Deffending takedown is easier than landing them.
Adesanya can still be pretty strong and if he can leave the clinch fast it can get really miserable for Blachowitz.
Tho.. If I would bet it would be on Blachowitz due to odds.

think Jan is gonna walk into a KO shot honestly, israel gonna be too fast and slick for him imo

he's not gonna get away with lunging in like he did against Thiago Santos... well he didn't even get away with it there

Absolutely not.. Romero is a counter-striker. Jan sets his own pace and will look to work... jabs, leg kicks, body kicks, KO shots. Israel has versed himself in grappling. But I wouldn’t doubt to see Jan work some TDs, and throw some overhands. Izzys feints aren’t working on Jan. Gonna make for a interesting bout.

good assessment

he's not gonna get away with lunging in like he did against Thiago Santos... well he didn't even get away with it there
That’s what people thought about Jan against Reyes too. Reyes moves too well, has that piston of a left hand, good counter striker, longer reach...

InsistentWhimsicalAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

But Jan took care of business and put Reyes away with a broken nose. That’s dangerous to do against Adesanya, but the octagon is full of dangers, for both men.

I think people are writing Jan off too easily. Izzy is definitely the better striker by a mile but I think Jan size is gona play a big factor in this fight and if he is smart he will make use of every lb he has over Izzy. He can make it a very difficult fight for Izzy if he plays to his strength and not strike the whole fight.

I'm not a fan of Adesanya's personality but seeing him lose to Jan would be anti-climatic.

Jan has so much power if he connects, I can't imagine Izzy surviving. He was rocked by Kelvin(who is a big puncher in my opinion) but considerably smaller than Jan(although Jan is a little slower than Kelvin) Also, does Jan wade through some shots? Size absolutely matters.

Dont let what happened to Costa cloud your judgement about Jan. Jan has functional muscle and strength and wont be cutting Costa levels of weight. He will have some success with his kicks and I dont see him getting outclassed like costa did.

Dont let what happened to Costa cloud your judgement about Jan. Jan has functional muscle and strength and wont be cutting Costa levels of weight. He will have some success with his kicks and I dont see him getting outclassed like costa did.

Jan is much bigger guy than Costa, there no way in hell Jan makes 185, he has a huge frame.

Back