Do you think Jan’s size will bully Adesanya

Izzy power isn't enough to stop Jan. Jan eventually catches Izzy or grapples with him and wears him down for a late stoppage.

Izzy power isn't enough to stop Jan. Jan eventually catches Izzy or grapples with him and wears him down for a late stoppage.

he's going to be shocked by Jan's hand speed. No one expects it before they're in there with him.
None of this is true lol. Not saying Jan can't win but it won't be because Izzy doesn't hit hard enough OR because his unexpected hand speed.

Adesanya's game lies in setting up shots his opponent doesn't see. Everyone has power.

The Legendary Polish Power is real, this was the result of 3 kicks from Jan on Reyes

Domonick-Reyes-injury.jpg

ConcreteAnotherAnkole-size_restricted.gif

We'll see how much speed decrease with Izzy for gaining some weight...He could easily pick Jan apart but anything can happen inside the cage...I still think Izzy will overcome whatever trouble Jan can muster for him...

That's exactly what people were saying when Rockhold moved up to face him.

There’s a major difference between Adesanya and the past bum soul that was Rockhold. Again, I have no horses in this race so we’ll see but I don’t think I’m wrong.

Feels like people are overeating Jan now that he is the champ and all of a sudden has “Polish power”. Jan is the champ of lucky circumstances - there are many LHWs out there that can beat him, it’s just that most of them are no longer in the UFC or have moved to another weight class.

That being said, I remember his fight with Gus where Jan was winning the striking but Gus started going for takedowns instead to win that fight. Jan’s boxing is good but if it’s a stand up fight, Adesanya should win. If Jan plays it smart he should go for GNP which should win him that fight.
most of those lhw contenders beat israel too

There’s a major difference between Adesanya and the past bum soul that was Rockhold. Again, I have no horses in this race so we’ll see but I don’t think I’m wrong.

I also favor Izzy. But Rockhold's speed advantage (alone) was not enough against Jan. Will Izzy's superior speed advantage (alone) be enough? We shall see.

If Jan can get to the clinch consistently - no easy task against that Nigerian jackrabbit - I think Jan may be able to eek out a decision.

He’s way to slow for Izzy, won’t be close.

Jan needs to take a page out of Randy Coutures playbook and dirty box. Don't let Izzy get on the outside to pick him apart or be at any range. Use his size and strength to wear him out with powerful close range shots.

I think Jan is gonna crush him. People like to bring up that its gonna be like Forrest vs Silva, but Jan is a much better striker than Forrest. Jan was piecing up Gustaffson to the point where Gus had to grapple. Santos did beat him, but that was mostly due to a mistake on Jan, rushing in head first. Before that they were pretty even.

Izzy is the best striker Jan has fought, but it will be in Jan's weight class. I think Jan will viciously go for the body against Izzy and mix in some grappling and go for the finish when the opportunity presents itself. Jan probably knows that if it goes to the latter rounds or decision, that it favors Izzy despite Jan being the champ.

Nope Izzy is going to pick Jan apart and sleep him.

Back