Do you think DC regrets fighting at LHW in his career?

No because he would have been second fiddle to what could have been the undisputed goat of MMA in Jones.

Jones fought DC twice and failed 2 drug tests for fights with DC.

Now DC legitimately owns 2 belts, Jones is a drug cheat who might never fight again.

Cormier isn't even in the top five for all time Heavyweights, let alone the GOAT of that division.
You can't just take my comment totally out of context and then go "you're wrong". Stipe was quickly becoming considered the GOAT with only a handful of title defenses. If Cormier, who's undefeated at HW, beats a handful of guys he's easily got a claim to the GOAT status in that division because it has been in constant turmoil re: reigning champions since the division was born.

You can't just take my comment totally out of context and then go "you're wrong". Stipe was quickly becoming considered the GOAT with only a handful of title defenses. If Cormier, who's undefeated at HW, beats a handful of guys he's easily got a claim to the GOAT status in that division because it has been in constant turmoil re: reigning champions since the division was born.
Miocic was never in the top five for all time Heavyweights either; and this isn't Highlander where you inherit someone's legacy, so it's not like everything Miocic did was then given to Cormier. It's the same reason that Jose Aldo is still the GOAT at Featherweight, and not McGregor or Holloway.

Emelianenko, Nogueira, Werdum, Velasquez, and dos Santos have all achieved more at Heavyweight than both Miocic and Cormier.

DC is happy to accept the reality that nobody at lhw can beat Jon Jones.

Miocic was never in the top five for all time Heavyweights either; and this isn't Highlander where you inherit someone's legacy, so it's not like everything Miocic did was then given to Cormier. It's the same reason that Jose Aldo is still the GOAT at Featherweight, and not McGregor or Holloway.

Emelianenko, Nogueira, Werdum, Velasquez, and dos Santos have all achieved more at Heavyweight than both Miocic and Cormier.
I never implied that things are inherited, that would be downright ridiculous.
I'm having a conversation about the UFC and you're talking about MMA, so other than Werdum I tend to agree with you. Werdum caught Fedor (he got caught by Fedor who dove into his guard) at a time when beating Fedor became fashionably easy. He was just fortunate enough to be the first to do it. Same as Weidman with Silva.
Then he fought a Cain Velasquez who looked like he gassed out while trying to get to the cage.

I'm having a conversation about the UFC and you're talking about MMA
You never quantified this discussion by saying UFC; you've only said: DC, GOAT, HW.
DC still has a claim to GOAT status @ HW. He hasn't lost in that division. He lost twice to someone who simply has his number in my opinion, but at HW if DC beats up on two or three guys then he's probably the GOAT anyway. Keep in mind that being HW GOAT doesn't exactly require a five year undefeated streak, that division has never truly had someone who owned it.
But DC would rather play wrestling with Brock Lesnar in the WWE than fight legit competition so we won't ever actually know.
Not only is Cormier not in consideration for MMA-HW GOAT, he's not in consideration for UFC-HW GOAT. Do you want to move the goal post again?

Knock it off man.Stipe got KO'ed by the 39 year old version of DC. If this fight happened 4 or 5 years ago he would get wrecked. If Stipe is is looking at DC and underestimating him, then he is 2 stupid to hold the belt.

Stipe obviously did underestimate DC, as shown by him not even trying to use his boxing skills and reach advantage to bust up Cormier at range, instead of standing right in his wheelhouse and trying to bang him out.

But, since he's not holding the belt any more, that doesn't exactly refute anything you wrote.

Stipe obviously did underestimate DC, as shown by him not even trying to use his boxing skills and reach advantage to bust up Cormier at range, instead of standing right in his wheelhouse and trying to bang him out.
When has Stipe is ever done that? Even if he wanted, DC wouldn't let him. Honestly I feel like DC will always be a step ahead of a guy like Stipe. I'm not calling him a complete meathead (maybe I am), but I would always bet on him making a costly mistake before DC, even moreso 4-5 years ago.

Last edited:
When has Stipe is ever done that? Even if he wanted, DC wouldn't let him. Honestly I feel like DC will always be a step ahead of a guy like Stipe. I'm not calling him a complete meathead (maybe I am), but I would always bet on him making a costly mistake before DC, even moreso 4-5 years ago.

When has he ever had an 8 inch reach advantage, against an opponent who has world-class wrestling pedigree? I'm not saying Stipe underestimated Corimer because he didn't execute that plan, I'm saying he didn't even try to exploit all of his most obvious strategic advantages he had over his opponent..... which is an indication of viewing an opponent with not enough respect.

If Corimer had moved forward strongly, slipped punches getting inside, and dictated where the fight was going to happen, then props to him for making that happen, vs my dinging Stipe for not fighting smart. And, also, it doesn't detract from Cormier that Stipe fought a stupid fight. I'm sure Corimer was ready to try and execute a strategy to try and deal with a lot of stiff jabs from a circling-away Miocic. He can only prepare himself. It's not his fault Stipe didn't fight smart. If Stipe did fight smart, I can't say that Cormier would not have dealt with it very easily/successfully, either, so I'm not going to claim that Stipe wins in some imaginary hypothetical scenario.

But, tell you what, I would have enjoyed, a lot more, watching him fight a smarter fight, and either winning, or seeing Cormier overcoming that and still winning.

Last edited:
Why would he? He's the GOAT of the division. You can say Jon all day long but 3 failed tests takes you out of that conversation.

DC has had an incredible run in both weight classes. His resume is superb. An all time great who has nothing to hang his head about.

When has he ever had an 8 inch reach advantage, against an opponent who has world-class wrestling pedigree? I'm not saying Stipe underestimated Corimer because he didn't execute that plan, I'm saying he didn't even try to exploit all of his most obvious strategic advantages he had over his opponent..... which is an indication of viewing an opponent with not enough respect.

If Corimer had moved forward strongly, slipped punches getting inside, and dictated where the fight was going to happen, then props to him for making that happen, vs my dinging Stipe for not fighting smart. And, also, it doesn't detract from Cormier that Stipe fought a stupid fight. I'm sure Corimer was ready to try and execute a strategy to try and deal with a lot of stiff jabs from a circling-away Miocic. He can only prepare himself. It's not his fault Stipe didn't fight smart. If Stipe did fight smart, I can't say that Cormier would not have dealt with it very easily/successfully, either, so I'm not going to claim that Stipe wins in some imaginary hypothetical scenario.

But, tell you what, I would have enjoyed, a lot more, watching him fight a smarter fight, and either winning, or seeing Cormier overcoming that and still winning.
I can't really disagree with anything said here. I'm really hoping DC considers giving Stipe a rematch.

No, two belts at the same time > one
Tis math.

Also Jones was roided up those wins got a big ? Next to them .if DC took the fight instead of osp pretty sure DC finishes him.

Back