Do you think DC regrets fighting at LHW in his career?

He's been open about the JJ losses haunting him (yes, doggers, he realizes getting KO'd means defeat no matter the circumstances). But also values his friendship with Cain over any title. And he doesn't come off as a guy who dwells on the past, but looks forward.

The Stipe win was a huge sense of accomplishment, something Jones hasn't done. And he's rich, when he didn't dream to have such money.

All in all I think he still has those JJ nightmares, but the good outweighs the bad. He did it right.

He shouldn't have given Jon a second crack at fighting him and just dropped his belt and gone to HW a long tim ago. He would have cemented his legacy better, prob foguht Jon at hw the second time and stood a way better chance of winning competing at his natural weight.

No disrespect to Cain but the whole DC stepping aside cuz its cain's division stuff should have gone away along time ago. He dropped his belt to Werdum over 3 years ago. Beat Travis "I fell off the planet" Brown a year later and hasn't fought since he won that fight for over two years.

Beating Stipe doesn't mean DC would have fared as well against, say, JdS and Overeem.
Overeem lol. If Travis Brown ,Bigfoot Silva and that other big goofball can beat Reem than I don't think DC would have a problem.

Nah then he wouldn't be the double champ!

<DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

no, if he stayed at HW stipe never would have underestimated him and DC would have never been champion at any weight class

I mean, no one can see the future, but if he knew Cain was going to fight once every three years - yeah, probably, he'd be better off at HW.

Kinda similar situation to Machida fighting at lhw during his ufc career because he was friends with Anderson. I wonder if they regret it.

Dc would have never been double champ however if he stayed at HW

Let’s not make up shit and revise history.

He moved down because his teammate was the HW champ and they didn’t realze that back injuries were going to derail Cain’s chance at a long, dominant reign as champ, plus his competitive weight class as an elite wrestler was right around the LHW limit, so they figured he could do it.
TS is a complete chode. He’s not going to let the facts get in the way of his agenda

no, if he stayed at HW stipe never would have underestimated him and DC would have never been champion at any weight class
Knock it off man.Stipe got KO'ed by the 39 year old version of DC. If this fight happened 4 or 5 years ago he would get wrecked. If Stipe is is looking at DC and underestimating him, then he is 2 stupid to hold the belt.

Knock it off man.Stipe got KO'ed by the 39 year old version of DC. If this fight happened 4 or 5 years ago he would get wrecked
lmaoooo

DC is WAY better now than when he fought roy nelson and frank mir smart guy

lmaoooo

DC is WAY better now than when he fought roy nelson and frank mir smart guy
Or maybe Roy Nelson and Frank Mir had a better gameplan than your hero who got knocked out in the first round. Smart guy.

Last edited:
DC doesn't match up well with Jones but equally I just feel if he'd been at HW long term he won have taken loses, his lack of size without being that quick would IMHO have caught up with him at some point.

Stipe I think turned out to be a pretty good matchup for him giving DC what he wanted in an aggressive close in boxing contest. Guys like Werdum or Reem back 2-3 years ago in better form I could see exploiting his weakness to kicks and knees, I mean he'd still have a very good shot against them but style wise not as good for him as Stipe.

DC would've been considered the GOAT HW if he never stepped down for Cain, who never fought anyways.

I'm not sure why Michael Jordan thinks that's funny. Unless you honestly think DC's at 39 has the same physical capabilities as he did when left HW. My memory isn't the best, but DC's wins against Mir and Nelson was around the time Stipe was getting finished by Struve.

Last edited:
Back