Do you think DC regrets fighting at LHW in his career?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In strikeforce DC was an undefeated 246+lb HW who killed himself to make 205lbs (once only 206.7lbs). He did this in order to chase the GOAT who comfortably fought at LHW since he walked around at a light 217-225lbs.This all started because the infamous meeting early in their career’s when Jon crushed DC’s ego by saying “I bet I could take you down”.

DC could have remained a HW in the UFC and would have had a true claim to being the GOAT if he was a dominant HW champ and if Jones never decided to move up and challenge him at HW. Instead he is 0-2 vs Jones and everyone, especially DC, has these mental images engraved in their minds forever.
AB0BDCB4-9B99-47D1-8316-316BCABE7923.jpeg
4EAC3B80-8FD3-42AC-A0AA-FA5BF99C4454.jpeg
0ED38E7D-01BC-4174-B513-6AD7029E5CBD.jpeg
992F474A-43A1-4EDA-89F9-E1A5B0B2D877.jpeg

Do you think if DC could do it all over again he would ignore Jon’s greatness and worry about his own, and stay at HW his entire career?

Last edited:
No because I don't think DC would ever fight Cain and therefore he wouldn't take his decision back.

Last edited:
Yeah, because he depleted the shit out of himself every time and did it to keep the path clear for Cain, and then Cain was too broken to walk the path anyway.

Nah he's a master of cutting weight and HWs hit harder and should be harder to take down.

Interesting question but poorly disguised Roidy fan/DC hater agenda

I think he had an amazing career, those wins from Jones will always have an asterisk behind them.
He might have felt that way if he lost the fight to Stipe, but now he's one of the few men who can say they are a champion in multiple weightclasses.
He doesn't have any reason to feel bad about his career anymore.

No he won some big fights at LHW and had an easier time generally I believe

Beating Stipe doesn't mean DC would have fared as well against, say, JdS and Overeem.

Jones will never come back. Let that sink in.

DC still has a claim to GOAT status @ HW. He hasn't lost in that division. He lost twice to someone who simply has his number in my opinion, but at HW if DC beats up on two or three guys then he's probably the GOAT anyway. Keep in mind that being HW GOAT doesn't exactly require a five year undefeated streak, that division has never truly had someone who owned it.
But DC would rather play wrestling with Brock Lesnar in the WWE than fight legit competition so we won't ever actually know.

I doubt DC has any lingering regrets. Does he wish he had been able to beat Jones? Sure. Is he happy that he's otherwise undefeated and holds titles in two divisions? No doubt about it.

No, being the champ/champ isn't too bad

Last edited:
This all started because the infamous meeting early in their career’s when Jon crushed DC’s ego by saying “I bet I could take you down”.

Let’s not make up shit and revise history.

He moved down because his teammate was the HW champ and they didn’t realze that back injuries were going to derail Cain’s chance at a long, dominant reign as champ, plus his competitive weight class as an elite wrestler was right around the LHW limit, so they figured he could do it.

TS is a jones fan, DC is in jones head just as much as TS. And he'll live there rent free

BTW TS I know you won't like this. But DC is LHW goat, Jones is LHW cheating goat
200.gif

Back